GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 03:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 12:46
Hello everybody.

Here's a glimpse of my profile. Would be grateful if someone could evaluate and give me feedback.

Dr. Manek Ghadiali/28yrs/M/Mix Indian persian

Academics:

X - 84.6%

XII - 80.00%

Undergrad - Bachelor's in Dental Surgery - 61.4%

Masters in Hospital Administration (MHA) - 6.2/10 CGPA from TISS, Mumbai( One of the top college's and
universities in India)

Work Ex:

18 months as a clinician

14 months(current) - I run operations with Max Healthcare Ltd - amongst India's biggest private hospital chain - as an Assistant Medical Superintendent - currently handling 2 projects and in charge of about 30 MBBS doctors known as the resident doctors apart from running day to day operations for the unit

Internships:

9 months with various hospitals learning operations

12 months compulsory internship post my Bachelor's degree

Extra Currics:

Teach and practise mixed martial arts including Muay Thai and jiu jitsu

Padi certified level 1 Deep sea diver

President of the Animal Care Club. Also a member of several organisations which help in fostering and rehabilitating street/abandoned animals. Have fostered several animals myself. Also a part of a trust which runs Indias most successful animal neutering program.

Cultural Secretary in my graduating college

School - State Level Tennis player

Post MBA goals -

Immediate: Make a transformation from operations to strategy and learn the various business models of the top corporate hospitals

Down the line: I wish to address atleast one of the two most pertinent questions asked in the Healthcare sector - accessibility and affordability. Making Healthcare services atleast a bit more accessible to the semi urban and rural areas in my country by my learnings as mentioned above (shortest way I can currently put a very long brief)

I have a 670 in my gmat and am pressed for time with no relief from work. I currently do not plan on giving the exam again.

What are my chances at HEC?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 00:05
A few perspectives for you to consider Manek:
  1. Medical professionals pursuing MBA is still not very commonplace and that can help you differentiate easily. The fact that you dont only have clinical experience is a huge plus from an MBA perspective; Max brand may help provided you can articulate that well in your applications.
  2. While the post-MBA plans sound fair, do think and research on the geography here. Healthcare is still not a big recruiter of international MBA grads, even from top schools.
  3. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection. The GMAT may pose some hurdles; your GPAs too look modest. But given the overall profile as well as your ECs, it might be well worth the shot. Read here for a story that may inspire some.
  4. Finally, it always helps to spread your risks and not target a single program. Read here for some more options worth considering.

Hope this helps some.

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 11:44
Hey there everyone!
My name is Rachit. This is my first post on the GMAT club and am very excited to have found this evalutaion thread.
I will be extremely glad if somebody can review my profile.

My profile is as follows:

Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Education : Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical, Aggregate : 65.08
GMAT : Scheduled on Aug 11th

Work Ex: 5 years

2017 to present : Larsen & Toubro, Defence
Domain : Heavy Engineering & Manufacturing
Customer : Ministry of Defence, India
Tech Partner : Hanwha Tech, S.Korea

Key responsibilities :
1. Quality Planning & Monitoring
2. People Management and Manpower handling
3. Coordinate among different functions for production execution
4. Handling customer and technology partner visits
5. Handling Audits
6. Active member of Editorial team of Quarterly In-House Magazine

-Developed sketch-based inspection formats thereby reducing average inspection time and by 20%
-Implemented reuse of geometrical coordinates for speedy marking of large body structures
thereby saving 8 man-hour/man/shift

2013 to 2017 : TAL Manufacturing Solutions, Ltd.,
Domain : Composite Manufacturing & Aerospace
Customer : Boeing(US), Rolls-Royce (UK & Singapore) , Pratt & Whitney (US), Ruag (Germany)

Key responsibilities :
1. Handling Customer requests
2. Planning and execution of various first article activities
3. Contract review
4. Training people
5. Change Management
6. Root Cause and Corrective Action
7. Conducting internal audits
9. PFMEA expert
10 . Active member in various committees : Safety committee, SAP Trainers' team and Composite Repair group

- Was awarded as the employee of the month twice for before time execution of first article inspections for Boeing.
- Was selected for training on Supplier Self Release, AS: 13001 at Singapore
- Introduced paperless inspection-documentation system thereby reducing monthly stationary costs by 5000 INR approx

Extra-Curricular :
- Organized various cultural events during college
- Represented college at various national level events like Robocon
- Currently learning Bachata
- Working on a novel on my high-school life
- Donate blood at yearly intervals

Post-MBA goals :
Preference 1. To move into strategic consulting while banking on my skill-set, to help organizations perform better and make better decisions
Preference 2 : To move into International Brand Management to help organizations establish their presence in either new markets or strengthen their current positions

S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 00:15
RachitMDS wrote:
Hey there everyone!
My name is Rachit. This is my first post on the GMAT club and am very excited to have found this evalutaion thread.
I will be extremely glad if somebody can review my profile.

<<snip>>

Preference 2 : To move into International Brand Management to help organizations establish their presence in either new markets or strengthen their current positions

Consider the following points on your profile evaluation Rachit:
  1. Your work experience with decent brands is good. While you have made contributions, it is not clear if you've had career acceleration much. You should also look to showcase your leadership skills and think of what transferable skills you bring to the table.
  2. The ECs arc looks reasonable. You'll need to do more in articulating (or generating) impact on that front though; think of going beyond active-passive participation level.
  3. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection. That said, given the modest academics, push really hard on the GMAT front to make a strong case.
  4. Preference 2 of yours is going to be a pretty tough proposition - brand management roles are rarely offered to international MBA grads. Preference 1 is of course possible but highly competitive. So think more on your post-MBA pitch.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD Jan'18 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 10:19
Hi Guys,

Below are my details. Please advise.. thanks in advance!

Background and nationality - Indian
Undergrad Information - IIT Madras B.Tech.
GMAT: 710 (Q49 V37 IR7)
Work experience and leadership - 4 years work experience at Vodafone India Limited
Community and others - Worked in multiple NGOs, was felicitated as top 3 volunteers in VSO International Awards, London
Post MBA goals - Management Consulting, Customer Experience Strategy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 10:29
Hello rohitakadisco28

4 years work ex in what role? What has been your career progress? Key achievements? Surely this matters more than just years and company You can read here to see what makes a complete profile.
Your college brand may help, but what field did you do B Tech in? What is your GPA? That will be used in combination with your GMAT score to assess your academic strength.
Extracurricular seem like they have potential, but what sort of capacity were you involved in? What is the contribution/impact you have had in these activities?
Out of the two career goals mentioned (which look disconnected from each other) which one ties well with your past experience or transferable skills? Are you making a career shift or is it a more organic growth? Since I do not know your existing role, it is tough to say whether your goals look a fit for the school or not. You could read here on career goals after an MBA.
My friend, for a more meaningful insight around you profile one must understand your profile in detail- on both a quantitative and qualitative scale.
Should you wish to discuss your profile in depth, reach out with more info.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

rohitakadisco28 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Below are my details. Please advise.. thanks in advance!

Background and nationality - Indian
Undergrad Information - IIT Madras B.Tech.
GMAT: 710 (Q49 V37 IR7)
Work experience and leadership - 4 years work experience at Vodafone India Limited
Community and others - Worked in multiple NGOs, was felicitated as top 3 volunteers in VSO International Awards, London
Post MBA goals - Management Consulting, Customer Experience Strategy

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 15:10
Background and nationality
I’m Peruvian, 30.

Undergrad Information
Bachelors Degree in Communications from a top University here.
GPA 4.0 (15.9/20 originally).

GMAT: 710 (V41/Q45)

Work experience and leadership
7 years of experience in Marketing/Digital Marketing. I’ve been head of the digital marketing area of a brand in a top beauty corporation (present in 15 Latin american countries) since I was 27. My work has led me to assignments in Mexico, the US and Chile but I’m based in Peru (the corporate headquarters are here).

Community and others
Not much. I did some pro bono work consulting for an education NGO a couple of years ago.

Post MBA goals
To start working in France or Switzerland in marketig (fashion or beauty industries would be nice but are not my only target).

Anything else?
I’m worried about my quant score. 45 is 55 percentile and I dont know if I should retake the exam: This was my third attempt (I scored 36 on quant the last time, so you can guess its a challenge for me).
Do you guys think my resume is strong enough? Or is the quant score just too low?

Posted from my mobile device
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 17:10
Hi CCLZA,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Overall, you have a strong profile: good career progression, already leadership experience, international exposure and motivation...

Your career goals in Fashion/Beauty in Paris or Switzerland make HEC Paris a very good choice.

Regarding your main concern, i.e. your Quant score, as you may know HEC Paris encourages to have balanced scores with at least 60% in both Quant and Verbal. Notice that it is not a requirement, but a strong recommendation.

Your overall score (i.e. 710) is 20 points above the school's average. For someone like you from an under-represented demography, this will definitely give you an advantage, and could potentially make the AdCom be less strict on your Quant score.

This being said, I would recommend you that on your application you stress your academic skills and accomplishments, especially in quant.

I hope this helps.

For a more detailed discussion, feel free to PM me or reach out to me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Good luck!
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 00:03
[quote="CCLZA"]Background and nationality
I’m Peruvian, 30.

Undergrad Information

<<snip>>

time, so you can guess its a challenge for me).
Do you guys think my resume is strong enough? Or is the quant score just too low?

A few more perspectives for you to consider CCLZA:
  1. The work profile is definitely the star of your candidature. The international exposure is right up the alley when it comes to what schools such as HEC desire. Make sure to leverage that well and showcase your skills, beyond the digital too. While you have mentioned head, it is not clear if you formally lead a team though? It is not uncommon for that to happen in the digital marketing area. So make sure you articulate this better.
  2. The transition you are trying to make is not very linear though. Despite your relevant experience, do bear in mind that marketing (beyond digital), is still a very local game. This means that despite the HEC brand, marketing roles are pretty tough to break into for international MBA grads. So make sure you've done your research well and know where you are headed.
  3. I wouldn't really consider GMAT as a deal breaker. Higher of course is always better.
  4. The non-work arc matters too; read here why. This could be a blind spot for you.
  5. Finally, always good to diversify and hedge your bets; meaning, don't just have one school in your consideration set.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 00:04
Hey!

I've scored 640. Also product manager. Brazilian, 27 yo. Bachelor in Communications. I'm was accepted to January 16 intake (rolling July application).

Probably an expert opinion is better than mine, but I would say you're on-track. ;)

Good luck! Maybe we'll meet in Jouy-en-Josas by next year.
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 06:49
CCLZA wrote:
Background and nationality
I’m Peruvian, 30.

Undergrad Information
GPA 4.0 (15.9/20 originally).

GMAT: 710 (V41/Q45)

Work experience and leadership
7 years of experience in Marketing/Digital Marketing. I’ve been head of the digital marketing area of a brand in a top beauty corporation (present in 15 Latin american countries) since I was 27. My work has led me to assignments in Mexico, the US and Chile but I’m based in Peru (the corporate headquarters are here).

Community and others
Not much. I did some pro bono work consulting for an education NGO a couple of years ago.

Post MBA goals
To start working in France or Switzerland in marketig (fashion or beauty industries would be nice but are not my only target).

Anything else?
I’m worried about my quant score. 45 is 55 percentile and I dont know if I should retake the exam: This was my third attempt (I scored 36 on quant the last time, so you can guess its a challenge for me).

Posted from my mobile device

CCLZA It’s a close call, but I think you should go for it, given there might not be much potential to increase your quant without a lot of effort. They recommend 60 percentile, but you are pretty close.http://www.mba.hec.edu/Admissions/Requirements

So, I would recommend you complete MBA Math, to allay any potential concerns. Also make sure to include any other proof of numeracy: math/stats grades in college, any math-related work experience, etc.

There is clearly a very good fit between your background and what the school offers. Peruvians are underrepresented and that will sway things in your favor as long as they are confident in your ability to keep up (and you put forth a great application, of course.)

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 09:24
Thank you all for your valuable input. I took in consideration your recommendations and finished my application today!
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 15 Aug 2018, 09:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 72 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap