PLEASE COMMENT ON MY PROFILE and RESPOND TO THE QUERIES BELOW:
Demographics: 25 year old male, Indian
GMAT: yet to appear
- Secondary School score—68%
- High School school—60%
- Undergraduate in Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering from a Private Engineering college of state technological university with 70.53 %
Reason for MBA- higher career prospects and growth at a good pace
Work History: 18 months as I am working with Cognizant Technology Solutions, India currently as Programmer Analyst (since December 2011). I have finished two projects till now in the finance domain and i am working on the third one in the same. The client is a Zurich based Multinational Bank. In this project , i am developing the front end i.e. the interface in ExtJS which is a new technology combined with the existing power of Spring framework.
Key Achievements at work:
- won the technical presentation in the initial months of my work.
- Best learner of the year award in the first year itself.
- Passed the Oracle Certification in Java SE 6 with 98% marks.
- did several internal certifications in Banking and Finance domain(BFS) like investment banking, assets and wealth management, investment accounting, private banking etc.
- Won the inter-IT volleyball tournament being in the team of my company.
- Playing in the company’s cricket, football and table-tennis teams and participating in the corporate tournaments.
- Active participant in Outreach program of my firm under Corporate Social Responsibility. I go to schools on weekends and teach children who can’t afford quality education. Also, i donate a part of my salary every month in buying books, clothes etc. for them.
Awards and scholarships—
- Stood 3rd in the district in MBD Talent Search exam.
- School Head Boy in the year 2005-06 and 2006-07.
- Won several quizzes in school.
- Got second position in inter-college robotics competition.
- Played in the Super Eleven National Cricket tournament from the state team.
- Played in the National Softball Championship from the university team
- Lead the College Baseball team in the State level Baseball tournament. The team stood at 3rd place.
- Secured 3rd position in State level Quiz Competition on Renewable Energy.
- Stood 3rd in the inter-school swimming competition.
Post MBA goals:
Targeting for the operations profile as i am more inclined to it
Need opinion: Kindly let me know if my school choices as given below are apt for my profile and which schools out of these am I likely to get through. Also, please guide me which 8 schools I should apply to out of this list.
- Schools targeting - INSEAD Singapore , NUS, NBS.
Remember, if it is a GMAT question, it can be simplified elegantly.