Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi GMAT Club!
I would really appreciate if you could help me understand if I stand a chance of entering LBS Master in Management in this year.
Thank you in advance.

So, here I am:

Profile:
22 years old - Male - Indian
GMAT Score - 680 (Q49,V33)
Amity University - Bachelors of Technology (CSE), Graduated in 2020 - CGPA 8.48/10
Also, I did a study abroad programme in Singapore during the 3rd semester.
XII - 86.8/100
X-7.8/10

Work Experience
1. Associate Product Manager(Contractual/Internship) at Early stage ed-tech start-up. ( July 2020 - Present)
2. Co-founder of a fashion buying house (June 2018 - Present)
3. SQA Intern for a period of two months at Samsung R&D Institute, Delhi, India. (Feb 2020-Apr 2020)

Extra
- Stood First Rank at School in Physics in AISSC Exams -2016
- Participated at International Conference on “Role of Technology in Business Intelligence” at National University of Singapore organized by
Amity Global Institute,Singapore
- Completed Analytics for Business Intelligence certificate course from Amity Global Institute, Singapore
- Completed Python certificate course from NPTEL IIT, Madras in 2018

I currently speak Hindi and English fluently.

Application
I am planning to apply before the November deadline.
Career goals: Management Consultancy in the tech

Sorry for the long post, but I believe you need to understand the situation to evaluate it properly.
Have a nice day!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.94
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I'll give this a go. Applying in Round 2.

Nationality: American
Identity: White Transgender
Undergraduate education: University of Maryland GC
Undergraduate Degree: East Asian Studies
GMAT Score – 740 (Q 49, V 42, IR 8, AWA 5)

Work experience:
Currently working for a top defense contractor in Maryland since Feb 2019. I am the senior analyst of an 11-person team, and I oversee all US Army counterintelligence (CI) operations west of Chicago. I have been promoted and given raises twice. I was selected to lead the first on-site integration of our team directly with our customer and input real-time CI consult during an international conference, and also delivered a brief to 450+ attendees at a national defense conference.

Prior to my current position, I was enlisted Air Force. I was a Chinese linguist, learned the language at the Defense Language Institute, and worked primarily in Hawaii. I was promoted several times and attained a Mission Manager position where I oversaw a 50+ member team, leading operations support, training, feedback, and service-mission integration efforts.

Successes:
Reporting delivered during Presidential brief
Reporting directly to the SecDef
Coined by my commander
Honor graduate of basic military training and my Chinese course
Maintained Deans list every semester/magna cum laude
Letter of rec written by my current supervisor; received monetary bonus
Selected for Taiwan immersion course at Tamkang University during Chinese course

Recs include a retired Chief Warrant 5 who I work for now, who honestly will write me a glowing recommendation. The other is my previous supervisor from my enlisted stint, who I can confidently say will write the same type of rec.

Extra-curricular activities:
I have several real estate investments and manage a few properties in my off-time.
I am a drag performer across the Baltimore-DC area and have performed at notable venues.
I have coached high school wrestling in three different states.
I completed a Make A Wish business internship in Hawaii, managing 250+ volunteers and aiding two wishes.
I was selected for the National Air Force wrestling team and competed at the 2017 Armed Forces Wrestling competition.

Post-MBA Career Goals:
In the short term, I want to work in either strategic or government consulting. Based on my professional experience, this seems like both a natural progression and a career change.
Long term goals vary across two paths; I either want to continue rising in the consulting world/create a consulting firm among my network, or I want to increase my East Asian studies, utilize that knowledge and an MBA and perform in an ambassador/embassy role. (I don't usually include that in my apps)

I was admitted to Georgetown last year and ultimately deferred.
Round 1 applications only include USC, where I have already interviewed.
Round 2 apps include HBS, Yale, Booth, LBS, and UCLA.

Very interested in your thoughts as your perspective is much, much greater than mine in terms of competition. Thank you for your time!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hey, I'd like to get my profile evaluated as well.

I'm planning to apply to the MIM Course.
I'm 21, Female.

Here is my detailed profile:

Academics:

10th- 9.6 CGPA (91.2%)
12th- 95.6%
College & Course- Maths Hons, Lady Shri Ram College For Women (LSR), DU; 8.1 CGPA ( Tier 1 College)

Work Experience: 2 months ( as in Oct, 2020)
Sr. Analyst at GEP Worldwide

Job Description:
✓ To work on global client consulting projects with GEP teams based across Americas,
Europe, Asia Pacific
✓ Responsible for project deliverables through comprehensive research, insightful
analytics and support overall project management.
✓ Perform Market Research
✓ Support multiple projects concurrently
✓ Perform complex data analytics
✓ Create compelling presentations

Internships:
1. Associate Intern at Airblack
2. Social media marketing intern, Utterstock Lifestyle
3. Social media Marketing intern, Eduperience

Social Service:
1. Member, National Social Service, LSR 2018-19
2. Social Change fellow, Yes Foundation

Academic Achievements:

1. Secured 3rd position in AISSCE- 2017- Commerce stream ( School level)
2. Subject Topper- Mathematics, AISSCE-2017 (School level)
3. Obtained 91.8 percentile in International Commerce Olympiad-2015 conducted by Commerce Teachers’ Foundation (CTF)
4. School Topper, 5th National Interactive Maths Olympiad (N.I.M.O) held in Aug-Sep 2010; National rank: 107, State rank: 13.

Extra- Curriculars:

1. core team member of the Sponsorship Team, Tarang’20, LSR'S Annual Fest.
2. actively volunteered in the department as well as in the annual fests of the college- Member, Logistics Team, Nexus'19;
3. Volunteer, Security Team, Tarang'18; Volunteer, Math Department Fest'18
4. a part of The MUN society of LSR (2017-18) and The Web Team of The College Magazine
(2017-18)
5. a volunteer in the Women’s Development Cell of my college in 2018-19.
6. Was the President of The Theatre Club of my school and won many competitions during my tenure.

GMAT Score: 660 ( quant:50, verbal: 31)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi!

Background and nationality: British and lived in London since 1999. Also lived in Holland for first 6 years of my life. Ethnicity would be Pakistani.
Undergrad Information : GPA 3.3
GMAT: 720
Work experience and leadership :
1 year international experience working as a senior associate for PwC in Qatar reporting directly to CSP (Head of Qatar PWC)
2 years experience working as an analyst for Deloitte.
Additional roles in accounting, internal audit and project management.

Total EXP: 5 years

Lead a team of 6 where we invest in financial markets (stocks, commodities and forex)
Performed some voluntary work in Pakistan in 2015 where I taught young students from less fortunate backgrounds Maths & English
Football and Cricket team captain
Travelling

Post MBA goals
Work for leading Tech firms in silicon valley

Thank you for your time!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
azie786 wrote:
Hi!

Background and nationality: British and lived in London since 1999. Also lived in Holland for first 6 years of my life. Ethnicity would be Pakistani.
Undergrad Information : GPA 3.3
GMAT: 720
Work experience and leadership :
1 year international experience working as a senior associate for PwC in Qatar reporting directly to CSP (Head of Qatar PWC)
2 years experience working as an analyst for Deloitte.
Additional roles in accounting, internal audit and project management.

Total EXP: 5 years

Lead a team of 6 where we invest in financial markets (stocks, commodities and forex)
Performed some voluntary work in Pakistan in 2015 where I taught young students from less fortunate backgrounds Maths & English
Football and Cricket team captain
Travelling

Post MBA goals
Work for leading Tech firms in silicon valley

Thank you for your time!

Hi Azie,

That's loads of international experience and LBS will give you some love for that, just as INSEAD will (I see you have posted on that thread as well). Your work experience sounds sufficient fr business school in terms of numbers of years spent. However quality (career progression, increase in responsibilities, impactful achievements with $$$ value) of work exp. is more important - some more clarity on that would help.

I have two questions regarding your career goals:
1. they are not connected to your current experience. How do you plan on justifying them. What post-MBA position are you seeking where your past work experience of 5 years will be relevant?
2. If you plan to be in the USA/ Silicon Valley, then you should be doing you MBA from USA, possibly b-schools on West Coast. I am not sure how LBS or INSEAD fit into this plan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I am looking forward to applying for MBA at LBS(2021 Intake)
Gender/Nationality: Female, Indian
Academic Records:
X - 84.4%
XII - 81.4%
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology - 8.05/10
GMAT - 700(Q49, V36) <-- planning to reattempt
Work Experience:
-Hewlett Packard Enterprise, 3 years 3 months
1)Saved engineering hours by more than 25% for the Ridley project of HPE Networks by pitching the new Dashboard
solution for defect tracking and triaging and later successfully designed and implemented the complete solution
2)Led a global team of 7 members to effectively handle business applications for cloud-based networking used by more than
2000 business users
3)Reduced application turnaround time by 25% by automating the purging of history app dumps from the server-side resulting in
net business value addition of ~$125,000 USD annually
4)Performed Impact analysis and designed risk mitigation plans for project crafted for a client requirement that was used by
more than 5000+ users
5)Reduced project cost by more than $220,000 USD by delivering the cloud-based networking enhancement project in 75% of the allotted time
-Tech Mahindra, 1 year 6 months
1) Led a technical team of 11 engineers to manage the transition and steady-state of a critical fault reporting application used by
500+ business users
2) Managed key deliverables for multiple projects by creating project implementation plans using Microsoft Project Planner
and tracking performance metrics such as SLAs met, requests handled, project duration, and total effort using JIRA
3)Independently designed and managed the first-ever client page for introduced for the product to introduce new features and
track customer issued defects effectively
4)Rewarded with ‘Best Team’ award amongst 2000+ teams by the CEO for delivering the project timely and securing additional
business of $250000 by client
5) Led a major business initiative worth $300,000 USD annually to design automated fault management solution for Nokia’s Self
Optimizing Network product, synchronizing both legacy and new world data sources by designing efficient code throughput and
tracking site defects which also reduced site visits considerably
6) Improved Fault Control report correctness from 25% to 80% by initiating and leading the design of new business solution to
capture high level hardware faults resulting in the solution of a more than 10-year-old business problem
7) Increased the efficiency of the code deployment platform to incorporate 30% more code base for future use

Extra Curricular :
1) Tutored the underprivileged kids of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (school for underprivileged founded by our university) in
English and Mathematics of 10th-12th grades.
2) Headed the dramatics society of the college and generated social awareness about girl child education in small villages by
conducting street plays, enrolling 50+ girls into elementary education
3)Conducted college annual fest and raised funds worth INR 200,000 for college fests by visiting multi-national companies
4) Successfully completed Data Science certification from IIM Raipur.

Short term Goals: Strategy consultants at established consulting firms
Please evaluate my profile. Thanks! Any response will be highly appreciated(Apologies for a long post) :)
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi paridhiprasad,

I can see some robust experience of yours. First, talking about stats, they seem good with an average GMAT score and if you are planning to retake GMAT, definitely go for it and try aiming for 720+ to boost your chances.

Now about your work-ex, it seems like the highlight of your profile. You have been involved in many cross-functional projects with clearly some huge impacts in both the organizations you've been part of. You are now leading a global team which is simply great. Your initiatives have contributed a lot and your achievements definitely speak for it. So, technically, you have an amazing profile.

Your ECs sound great as well, again with good instances of leadership and mentorship and are pretty interesting. But these experience either are outdated or a one-time commitment. Is there anything (any hobby, any service or just anything) outside your work that you do regularly? I am sure there would be something and do speak of it in your apps. Think of something that you love to do and talk about it because this will make your apps interesting. Most of the work-ex should be covered in the resume and so there should be something more interesting to talk about in your apps to really bring a live person in the apps and that is what sets YOU apart. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile at length and would love to address your concerns and connect you to the latest LBS shortlists/admits. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
paridhiprasad wrote:
Hi, I am looking forward to applying for MBA at LBS(2021 Intake)
Gender/Nationality: Female, Indian
Academic Records:
X - 84.4%
XII - 81.4%
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology - 8.05/10
GMAT - 700(Q49, V36) <-- planning to reattempt
Work Experience:
-Hewlett Packard Enterprise, 3 years 3 months
1)Saved engineering hours by more than 25% for the Ridley project of HPE Networks by pitching the new Dashboard
solution for defect tracking and triaging and later successfully designed and implemented the complete solution
2)Led a global team of 7 members to effectively handle business applications for cloud-based networking used by more than
2000 business users
3)Reduced application turnaround time by 25% by automating the purging of history app dumps from the server-side resulting in
net business value addition of ~$125,000 USD annually
4)Performed Impact analysis and designed risk mitigation plans for project crafted for a client requirement that was used by
more than 5000+ users
5)Reduced project cost by more than $220,000 USD by delivering the cloud-based networking enhancement project in 75% of the allotted time
-Tech Mahindra, 1 year 6 months
1) Led a technical team of 11 engineers to manage the transition and steady-state of a critical fault reporting application used by
500+ business users
2) Managed key deliverables for multiple projects by creating project implementation plans using Microsoft Project Planner
and tracking performance metrics such as SLAs met, requests handled, project duration, and total effort using JIRA
3)Independently designed and managed the first-ever client page for introduced for the product to introduce new features and
track customer issued defects effectively
4)Rewarded with ‘Best Team’ award amongst 2000+ teams by the CEO for delivering the project timely and securing additional
business of $250000 by client
5) Led a major business initiative worth $300,000 USD annually to design automated fault management solution for Nokia’s Self
Optimizing Network product, synchronizing both legacy and new world data sources by designing efficient code throughput and
tracking site defects which also reduced site visits considerably
6) Improved Fault Control report correctness from 25% to 80% by initiating and leading the design of new business solution to
capture high level hardware faults resulting in the solution of a more than 10-year-old business problem
7) Increased the efficiency of the code deployment platform to incorporate 30% more code base for future use

Extra Curricular :
1) Tutored the underprivileged kids of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (school for underprivileged founded by our university) in
English and Mathematics of 10th-12th grades.
2) Headed the dramatics society of the college and generated social awareness about girl child education in small villages by
conducting street plays, enrolling 50+ girls into elementary education
3)Conducted college annual fest and raised funds worth INR 200,000 for college fests by visiting multi-national companies
4) Successfully completed Data Science certification from IIM Raipur.

Short term Goals: Strategy consultants at established consulting firms
Please evaluate my profile. Thanks! Any response will be highly appreciated(Apologies for a long post) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

Looking for advice on my profile. I am hoping to apply for 2023 intake, so still a good amount of time between now and application, I just want a sense of where I am at and what I should work on.

Background and nationality: Mixed race Asian-Canadian living in Canada

Undergrad Information : GPA 3.4 from a top-10 Canadian University, majored in Finance. Exchange term in Singapore.

GMAT: Have not completed yet. I am a CFA Charterholder and passed all three exams on the first attempt.

Work experience:
2 years as a corporate development analyst for a mid cap Canadian public company. Did ~30 transactions per year ranging from $1m - $50m USD. Began leading due diligence sessions within 6 months of starting - traveling all over the US to conduct diligence. Developed an intern program for the team, put together job description, coordinated with local Universities to get on their job portals, interviewed and selected interns. Left this role after being headhunted for the below role.

1 year experience doing private markets investing for a public pension plan. Led diligence on investments in the $50 million USD range. Building a portfolio of private equity fund commitments from the ground up, roughly $2 billion to invest over the next few years. Working alongside one portfolio manager - this gives me a ton of freedom and responsibility in my work. Still currently in this role and looking to stay as we roll out the private equity portfolio, once that is completed I will ideally be heading for my MBA.

Total EXP: 3 years (will be 5 - 6 years at application)

ECs: I play a lot of sports, am a CFA Charterholder and involved with my local CFA society. Other than that not too much. I really enjoy mentoring, and have helped a few former students (I was a TA in University) with their resume and applications to jobs

Post MBA goals
Work in infrastructure equity investing, or investment banking in order to move into infrastructure equity at some point down the line. I have particular interest in living in London or Singapore, both of which are great markets for infrastructure equity investing, which is really what I am passionate about.

Thank you for your time!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
mattymingo wrote:
Hi,

Looking for advice on my profile. I am hoping to apply for 2023 intake, so still a good amount of time between now and application, I just want a sense of where I am at and what I should work on.

Undergrad Information : GPA 3.4 from a top-10 Canadian University, majored in Finance. Exchange term in Singapore.

GMAT: Have not completed yet. I am a CFA Charterholder and passed all three exams on the first attempt.

Work experience:
2 years as a corporate development analyst for a mid cap Canadian public company. Did ~30 transactions per year ranging from $1m - $50m USD. Began leading due diligence sessions within 6 months of starting - traveling all over the US to conduct diligence. Developed an intern program for the team, put together job description, coordinated with local Universities to get on their job portals, interviewed and selected interns. Left this role after being headhunted for the below role.

1 year experience doing private markets investing for a public pension plan. Led diligence on investments in the $50 million USD range. Building a portfolio of private equity fund commitments from the ground up, roughly $2 billion to invest over the next few years. Working alongside one portfolio manager - this gives me a ton of freedom and responsibility in my work. Still currently in this role and looking to stay as we roll out the private equity portfolio, once that is completed I will ideally be heading for my MBA.

ECs: I play a lot of sports, am a CFA Charterholder and involved with my local CFA society. Other than that not too much. I really enjoy mentoring, and have helped a few former students (I was a TA in University) with their resume and applications to jobs

Post MBA goals
Work in infrastructure equity investing, or investment banking in order to move into infrastructure equity at some point down the line. I have particular interest in living in London or Singapore, both of which are great markets for infrastructure equity investing, which is really what I am passionate about.

Thank you for your time!

You have a great profile. I don't see a reason why you should wait so long before applying. I'd say you apply next year - even then you'd join b-school only 2 years later. You'd be in the average age/ work experience range at LBS.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GRE 1: Q750 V600
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
I think you have a fairly good chance.

I would recommend preparing for your GMAT along with managing some quality work experience that you can be elaborate and expand in your essays.

mattymingo wrote:
Hi,

Work experience:

Post MBA goals

Thank you for your time!

Originally posted by rsh12 on 14 Nov 2020, 20:24.
Last edited by rsh12 on 01 Apr 2021, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you upfront for reviewing my application.

Background and nationality: Croatian, Male, 31 years before applying, 7 years of exp, currently living in London working as a Head of Electrical Engineering

Undergrad Information: Finished Master of Electrical Engineering in Croatia with an average of ~3.4/4. I've worked a lot besides my study, hence the somewhat lower GPA. One of the projects I was working on was a smartphone app for helping visually impaired persons navigate through indoor locations - take the fact this happened almost 10 years ago, it was quite new back then. The team I was leading got the Microsoft scholarship and was representing the country in Microsoft World Cup Finals(Sydney, Australia) - we even got an official compliment from Gates & Balmer for recognizing what we did(top 20 projects back then in the world). I got more similar stories, but this one is I believe the strongest one.

More to prove on that I have CC paper written along with my mentor - I was just not focused on the GPA because I knew I wasn't about to go to the PhD and therefore much more appreciated the

GMAT: Need to take it in the next 2weeks. Aiming at 720-740 range, getting constantly over 750 in estimations.

Work experience and leadership:
Started working at University in a local startup that had 30 people back then. Exited 6 years later with more than 1300 people in the company. Exit role was Head of El. Engineering. (40 people) Was dealing with investors, pitching along with the CEO - current valuation of the company is 900mil$ although the company is still private. Keep in mind that Croatia is a really small and young country so we were quite a story back then. Was setting up the production in China/Taiwan so learn A2 mandarin during that phase

Now working as a Head of Department for a startup that went through IPO while I was there so was involved in that process as well. Building electric flying vehicles from scratch - my childhood dream. Managing an interdisciplinary team across continents and timezones(50 people)(Australia, USA, Russia, Israel)

Community and others:
Volunteering in London & Croatia - helping students in Maths and Physics classes
Solo guitar player

Post-MBA goals:
The primary goal is VC(socially responsible) then the next place would be strategy consulting. VC is No.1 because I've seen the other "part of the game" and would like to play it now :)
Schools: LBS, Oxford, Insead, Cambridge(in that order - because I would like to stay in the UK)

Anything else?
I would be paying for the school most likely from my private stash of cash, so although LBS is in the first place I would definitely think whether is it worth it 30k£ more. Have Stanford and HBS alumni in the network, but no one is from LBS/Oxford. Letters of recommendation would be written by the CEO's of both companies(first one private 900mil$ valuation and the second one, public with 10Bil$)

I would say that my experience is not in line with the majority of applicants coming from Big4 or Big5 and my not that great GPA as well as the years could be a drawback. Your thoughts?

Thank you very much!
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi tuv0k,

Your profile looks quite competitive. LBS is a great pick for finance and consulting and all the other schools are, too, in line with your goals. If I am not mistaken, LBS does have a club for VC as well with a vast number of members. Let's go step-by-step in evaluating your profile:

- Stats: If you manage to get your expected score, I nowhere see your GPA as a blocker. Plus, as you say, your undergrad GPA does exhibit a solid, innovative and a global leader.

-Work-Ex: I would say it an amazing experience. You have examples of great leadership, huge, meaningful impacts, great international experience (stressed and especially looked for by all the schools you mentioned) and an innovative personality. Again, I do not see you not belonging from a Big 4 a problem. I have seen candidates from the Big 4 companies getting rejected. Because ultimately, it boils down to your impact as a leader and person on an organization.

- ECs: Meaningful and interesting. Just try to show how these have a lasting impact on you and in turn your environment and people around you.

And finally, your post-MBA goals do make sense and I can connect them to your past career. But I would suggest you demonstrate aptly your motivations behind VC and try to give these goals a global outlook. So, overall, you are a one tough guy and stand good chances for your target school. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile and help you connect with people of other schools as well. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641

tuv0k wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you upfront for reviewing my application.

Background and nationality: Croatian, Male, 31 years before applying, 7 years of exp, currently living in London working as a Head of Electrical Engineering

Undergrad Information: Finished Master of Electrical Engineering in Croatia with an average of ~3.4/4. I've worked a lot besides my study, hence the somewhat lower GPA. One of the projects I was working on was a smartphone app for helping visually impaired persons navigate through indoor locations - take the fact this happened almost 10 years ago, it was quite new back then. The team I was leading got the Microsoft scholarship and was representing the country in Microsoft World Cup Finals(Sydney, Australia) - we even got an official compliment from Gates & Balmer for recognizing what we did(top 20 projects back then in the world). I got more similar stories, but this one is I believe the strongest one.

More to prove on that I have CC paper written along with my mentor - I was just not focused on the GPA because I knew I wasn't about to go to the PhD and therefore much more appreciated the

GMAT: Need to take it in the next 2weeks. Aiming at 720-740 range, getting constantly over 750 in estimations.

Work experience and leadership:
Started working at University in a local startup that had 30 people back then. Exited 6 years later with more than 1300 people in the company. Exit role was Head of El. Engineering. (40 people) Was dealing with investors, pitching along with the CEO - current valuation of the company is 900mil$ although the company is still private. Keep in mind that Croatia is a really small and young country so we were quite a story back then. Was setting up the production in China/Taiwan so learn A2 mandarin during that phase

Now working as a Head of Department for a startup that went through IPO while I was there so was involved in that process as well. Building electric flying vehicles from scratch - my childhood dream. Managing an interdisciplinary team across continents and timezones(50 people)(Australia, USA, Russia, Israel)

Community and others:
Volunteering in London & Croatia - helping students in Maths and Physics classes
Solo guitar player

Post-MBA goals:
The primary goal is VC(socially responsible) then the next place would be strategy consulting. VC is No.1 because I've seen the other "part of the game" and would like to play it now :)
Schools: LBS, Oxford, Insead, Cambridge(in that order - because I would like to stay in the UK)

Anything else?
I would be paying for the school most likely from my private stash of cash, so although LBS is in the first place I would definitely think whether is it worth it 30k£ more. Have Stanford and HBS alumni in the network, but no one is from LBS/Oxford. Letters of recommendation would be written by the CEO's of both companies(first one private 900mil$ valuation and the second one, public with 10Bil$)

I would say that my experience is not in line with the majority of applicants coming from Big4 or Big5 and my not that great GPA as well as the years could be a drawback. Your thoughts?

Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Folks,

Could you kindly review my profile and let me know your thoughts? I'm looking to apply in R1 2021 so I still have time to make it better and create a more cohesive storyline.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to do this and help me out!

Background and UG - Indian male settled in India with a month's worth of experience in the US. Did my bachelors in engineering at (effectively) a no-name college which was top 10-20 in my state(Karnataka). Majored in Electronics and scored 65%(First Class) and I'm not sure what that corresponds to on the US GPA scale. The mba.com website denotes >60% as a GPA of 4 but I wish the Adcoms would be as lenient!

One of the reasons for my below-average score was that I co-founded a couple of startups back in college. While both were shuttered after a year in the MVP(minimum viable product) stage, one of them got selected for the prestigious NASSCOM 10k startups initiative where we pitched to the likes of Narayana Murthy, founder of Infosys.

GMAT - 760(Q50,V44)

Work Experience - Consultant at Big 4 - 1) Promoted in 2.1 years, amidst the pandemic no less(Average promotion time for my role is ~3.4 years)
2) Willingly took on extra responsibility which culminated in me directly reporting to the IT head of a client division, a role that was previously held by a manager with 8+ years of experience.
3) I was primarily involved in process optimization work with some decent impact(Revenue impact of $1 million/month at its peak and savings of ~200 hours of manual work required during the stressful month-end period)
4) While I was based in India, I was the primary touchpoint for client stakeholders based across the globe - ranging from Costa Rica and US in the Americas, to UK, Romania, and Italy in Europe, to India & China in Asia.

External Consultant to a startup in the CPG space(Did this in the gap between graduation and the start of my job) - 1) Reduced order processing time by 90% through automation of related processes and data flow between 3 systems
2) Elicited a pricing model change that helped switch the company from a reliance on one-time buyers to subscription-based revenue

Social - 1) Led the planning phase(Team of 5), despite being the junior-most member, to pivot our company's annual CSR activity to a virtual setting post COVID-19. This role included liaising directly with the head of CSR in India and collaborating with 19 partner NGOs. Impacted all of our Indian employees - ~50k.
2)Psychological, career and financial literacy mentoring for close to 25 people. I'm hoping to conduct more lessons on financial literacy by partnering with NGOs in the coming year.

Personal - Played for the school teams for Football and Cricket. Called up for trials at Indian League level Bengaluru FC.

Post MBA goals - I'm looking to land an operations consulting gig, either at an MBB, or at a boutique consulting firm that will specialize in operational efficiency and process work. I'm also going to be taking the Six Sigma certification in a month or two which would tie right in with this.

To finish off, I would love to attend LBS with a scholarship so any suggestions towards that would prove helpful.

Thanks a ton :)

Also, shout out to tuv0k for the amazing experiences. Man, would I love to be a part of the same batch and potentially work on the entrepreneurship school together!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM