GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Statistics, General Management
Schools: IIM-A"19
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V48
GRE 1: Q160 V154
GPA: 3.5
Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 02:07
Hi

I am male Indian Electrical Engineer. I did Electrical Engineering in year 2006. Then I worked for Petrochemical division of Reliance industries(Fortune 200 Company) at Nagothane Manufacturing division for 09 years as Electrical Maintenance/Project/Reliability Engineer. In July 2015, I joined SADARA Chemical Company( JV of Saudi Aramco & Dow chemicals) as Standardization Engineer at Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Total Experience of almost 13 years.
My date of birth: 11.01.1981
I also completed Post Graduate diploma in Operations management (distance learning).
I have also completed Six month long Young Leadership Management Program at IIM Kozikhode. This program was custom made for high potential candidates from Reliance.
I like analysis of data and I also like finance. Hence I am planning to pursue post-graduation course to work as Business Analyst or related filed where no plays an important role. My aim is to get job after completing course. I can pursue high studies in india or abroad.

Please find below my GMAT SCORE.

GMAT-710( Q49, V37, IR5, AWA-5)

Thanks.
Narayan Das Gupta
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 22:49
andygupta21, consider the following points:
  1. The move from Reliance to international work is good. It will be good to understand your accomplishments and nature of work as a Standardization Engineer - do you manage teams etc?
  2. In general, MBA after 30 is pretty tricky. So make sure you choose your target schools well. In India, the 3 IIM one year programs might be ok to look at. You can also explore the Fellows programs.
  3. It will help to develop more clarity and granularity in your post-MBA plans. BA is a very broad term; usually also populated with far younger candidates. Research on what specific roles/designations/industries you'd be targeting - that clarity will be expected of someone like you a lot more than folks with a lot less experience.
  4. ECs matter too. Think about anything you may be able to share on this dimension.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Statistics, General Management
Schools: IIM-A"19
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V48
GRE 1: Q160 V154
GPA: 3.5
Re: Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 02:09
Thanks Manish for my profile evaluation.
a). I am heading a team of 5-6 engineers who basically catalogue materials used in Petrochemical plant and upload these details in SAP for procurement purpose.
b). I am targeting one year executive MBA in india or abroad with placement assistance.
c). I think I am more efficient when I work with numbers rather than theories. That's why I have thought for Business Analyst role. But your point is very true that this field is very wild open and full of professions ranging from young to experienced. here I really need your help to finalize filed of my interest as I understood now " We need to love you job to get better results".
d). I am active volunteer of SADARA Volunteering club at participated in various social causes as School bag initiate to poor children, Home renovation of old & poor citizens, beach cleaning activities.
Also I am member of Toastmasters international.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 04:15
andygupta21, the leadership aspect sounds good; though the nature of work, the way you've described, could sound a bit underwhelming - make sure you put more thought there.

Not sure if you have this nomenclature confusion between EMBA and MBA for Executives? Most EMBAs don't tend to have formal placement assistance. Goal setting depends really on your career aspirations/plans and something very subjective with no one cookie cutter answer. Feel free to reach out to us directly for more discussion on that.

The ECs look pretty good - make sure you include those in your basic storyline.

Cheers,

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2019, 04:15

Profile Evaluation-male Indian Electrical Engineer-13 years experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap