Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Given Kudos: 205
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation of an Indian Candidate [#permalink]
Kudos
You have excellent grades and a strong GMAT score, so if you can demonstrate leadership, teamwork and all the other skills necessary to succeed in an MBA, you will definitely get an admit! Do apply in R1 if possible.

You can tell the admission committee more about why you decided to do an MBA later on in life under the additional info section.

Hope that helps :)
And best of luck with your applications
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Profile Evaluation of an Indian Candidate [#permalink]
RamandeepDCE1983 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian male, 35 years of age, living in India.

I have done engineering in mechanical from Delhi College of Engineering which is a pretty decent college in India. My CGPA is 8.13/10 in graduation.

I had secured 90.4% in 10th and 91.8% in 12th.

I am currently working as a R&D Manager in a software domain with a fairly big semiconductor organization with 10000+ employees. I currently managing a team of 5 people under me.

I have given GMAT a week ago and scored 750. Also, I am associated with an NGO for the past 3 years.

I have few questions.

a) Should I go for an MBA Or not at this stage of my career?

b) If not, then what can I do to improve my profile?

c) If yes, then what are the chances of my application at Executive MBA from Cambridge, Oxford & INSEAD?

Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello RamandeepDCE1983

I am responding to your request.

Should you go for MBA or not at this stage of your career, or at any stage is only question that you can answer, depending on your motivation, short and long terms goals, values etc.

It is personal decision.

In my opinion you should and you can, especially if you are really motivated.

Based on your overall profile and great GMAT score I would say you have pretty good chances at mentioned schools. ;)

Here is my post with their average GMAT scores and ranges:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-in-europ ... 82899.html

As you can see you surpassed that threshold....also this link can be useful for you, if decide to add some more on your list or as guidance with some insights.

Good Luck with application ! :cool:
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
RamandeepDCE1983 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian male, 35 years of age, living in India.

I have done engineering in mechanical from Delhi College of Engineering which is a pretty decent college in India. My CGPA is 8.13/10 in graduation.

I had secured 90.4% in 10th and 91.8% in 12th.

I am currently working as a R&D Manager in a software domain with a fairly big semiconductor organization with 10000+ employees. I currently managing a team of 5 people under me.

I have given GMAT a week ago and scored 750. Also, I am associated with an NGO for the past 3 years.

I have few questions.

a) Should I go for an MBA Or not at this stage of my career?

b) If not, then what can I do to improve my profile?

c) If yes, then what are the chances of my application at Executive MBA from Cambridge, Oxford & INSEAD?

Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Ramandeep,

You may be thinking 5 years down the line that I really should have done the MBA when I was 35 years :). If you feel the need for it in your current job and you feel that you lack some skills/ business knowledge / or the MBA tag that will get you access to certain jobs, then go ahead and apply. However, the right choice of business schools will become a crucial factor in this decision - you'd want to go to a business school where you fit with the rest of the MBA class.

Your GMAT score is outstanding and I am sure Adcoms would be happy to see the high score given that you have been away from academics for such a long period and still managed a great score. This would reflect your academic capability.

An Exec MBA may be a viable option if you are sponsored by your company, otherwise the constant travel will make it very expensive. Have you considered programs such as the Sloan fellowship and the iBear MBA? these are immersive one year MBA programs and are likely to give you a more holistic experience. check these out:

MIT Sloan
Stanford MSx
LBS Sloan
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi RamandeepDCE1983,

First off, congrats on the 750! Regarding your profile, you should reach out to one of the many admissions consultants here on GMAT Club to get an opinion from someone qualified in admissions.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot