It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 22:35

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 08:58
Hi , Please review my profile and suggest me colleges which I can apply to.

Academics : CBSE board
X - 82% (2008)
XII - 65% (2010)
RGTU, Bhopal (Rajiv Gandhi Technical University)
B.E. (Electronics & Communication) - 7.09 CGPA (2010-2014)
GRE Score - 302 ( 158Q 144V), AWA - 3.5 and TOEFL - 98

Work Experience:
1. For 2.5 years, I've worked for Accenture as functional test engineer for SAP for Utilities and have been a part of projects for energy clients.
2. Have freelance working experience prior to Accenture.
3. Had started a small NGO sort of for LGBT equality in India...

Extra Curricular :
1. Been involved with corporate social responsibility at Accenture and Helped creating inclusive work environment as an LGBT Ally.
2. Have organised various corporate events for Accenture and have experience with event planning and management.

Hobbies: 1. Reading Novels and surfing.

As many management colleges now accept GRE score, Please help me with MBA programs which would be ideal for my score.

Have submitted my score to : HEC Paris, ISB, NUS Singapore, University of Alberta ( I know some of them are too ambitiious, Please suggest as I need to apply to other universities)

Thanks,
Saz

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 38

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 22:11
sazahuja1 wrote:

X - 82% (2008)
XII - 65% (2010)

Work Experience:
1. For 2.5 years, I've worked for Accenture as functional test engineer for SAP for Utilities and have been a part of projects for energy clients.

Extra Curricular :
1. Been involved with corporate social responsibility at Accenture and Helped creating inclusive work environment as an LGBT Ally.
2. Have organised various corporate events for Accenture and have experience with event planning and management.

As many management colleges now accept GRE score, Please help me with MBA programs which would be ideal for my score.

Have submitted my score to : HEC Paris, ISB, NUS Singapore, University of Alberta ( I know some of them are too ambitiious, Please suggest as I need to apply to other universities)

Thanks,
Saz

Hi Saz,

You have a good not great profile. And as you're already aware, your target schools seem a bit of a stretch. Your undergrad GPA seems pretty good, I wonder why then you scored so less on your GRE. Are you planning to take it again ?
How long did you freelance for? Must be around 6 months thereby implying a total of 4 years of work ex till you matriculate. Your work ex is pretty good. Your LGBT community involvement is good too. You should shortlist your schools based on your post MBA goals. It seems you're all over the map in targeting schools. But if you're considering Canada you may also apply to Ryerson, Degroote, Laurier, Schulich. I would be happy to schedule a free call to delve into this issue properly. Hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 08:27
EduSimplified wrote:
sazahuja1 wrote:

X - 82% (2008)
XII - 65% (2010)

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular :

Thanks,
Saz

Hi Saz,

You have a good not great profile. And as you're already aware, your target schools seem a bit of a stretch. Your undergrad GPA seems pretty good, I wonder why then you scored so less on your GRE. Are you planning to take it again ?
How long did you freelance for? Must be around 6 months thereby implying a total of 4 years of work ex till you matriculate. Your work ex is pretty good. Your LGBT community involvement is good too. You should shortlist your schools based on your post MBA goals. It seems you're all over the map in targeting schools. But if you're considering Canada you may also apply to Ryerson, Degroote, Laurier, Schulich. I would be happy to schedule a free call to delve into this issue properly. Hope this helps.

Best,

And I agree that you may want to consider GRE or GMAT again. But in addition to comments above, I challenge you to not think in terms of "where can I get in" but rather what do I want to do post MBA and which schools have resources that help me get there. If you have a compelling reason why you are interested in a school and you can think about how you add value, you will get a better look even with slightly lower than average scores. So do your homework now- why do you want an MBA? What skills to you seek to enhance? To help you do what? Once you are clear on that- it is much easier to narrow down your school choices and to find a school that meets your needs and your admissions requirements. For example, with an interest in social impact you can think of Yale at the top end- but if your stats are not there- then Georgetown is also a great option to consider. So first look inside to what matters most to you and then we can narrow schools down once you have your reason WHY. For a free consult to explore this more- go to this link to sigh up:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... l#p1874025

Posted from my mobile device

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.83
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2017, 08:21
Hi!
Thanks for looking into my post!
I really need great advice.
I took GMAT last week and got 460 (Q:42 and V: 13 and IR:3).
And i have taken TOEFL today.
i got this score after rigorous 2.5 months hard work and risking my job side wise. :(
It is not possible for me to take Gmat again.
I really need admission in 2018 January intake in US.
However, i have strong profile:
CGPA: 8.25 ECE Engg. from reputed college in India
Work Ex: 4.5 in Capital market IT firm
Designation: Consultant and Team lead
Even worked onshore in one of the top 100 investment bank in Europe for 3 months each in last two successive years.
Hobby of painting, writing poems and beauty & fashion blogs.
I am interested in normal MBA program like general management, HR or luxury management.
Please suggest me possible colleges, any other MBA program and procedure?
I really need assistance.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 01:12
Andysingh wrote:
Hi!
Thanks for looking into my post!
I really need great advice.
I took GMAT last week and got 460 (Q:42 and V: 13 and IR:3).
And i have taken TOEFL today.
i got this score after rigorous 2.5 months hard work and risking my job side wise. :(
It is not possible for me to take Gmat again.
I really need admission in 2018 January intake in US.
However, i have strong profile:
CGPA: 8.25 ECE Engg. from reputed college in India
Work Ex: 4.5 in Capital market IT firm
Designation: Consultant and Team lead
Even worked onshore in one of the top 100 investment bank in Europe for 3 months each in last two successive years.
Hobby of painting, writing poems and beauty & fashion blogs.
I am interested in normal MBA program like general management, HR or luxury management.
Please suggest me possible colleges, any other MBA program and procedure?
I really need assistance.

Hi Andy,
You do have a good profile. I don't understand why you scored so low on your test. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to go around GMAT. And with such low score you don't have any good options. Maybe you can look for an MS in finance that doesn't have a GMAT requirement ? Otherwise just look at 80-100 rankings and take your chances there. Good Luck !

Best,

Deep A.

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 01:27
Thanks Deep A.
Sorry to bother you again , i want to share one more thing.
ould you please suggest me courses that i can opt in which US universities?
if my profile is strong, will university not ignore my GMAT score?
i am really very hard working. but my brain stops working in verbal section of GMAT under time constraint, however i did well in quant section because of my engineering background.
can i look forward for universities like pace university, Rochester institute of technology, Hult?
Will this be helpful in building my career?
Or can i look for courses like luxury management , i really love fashion?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 01:56
Andysingh wrote:
Thanks Deep A.
Sorry to bother you again , i want to share one more thing.
ould you please suggest me courses that i can opt in which US universities?
if my profile is strong, will university not ignore my GMAT score?
i am really very hard working. but my brain stops working in verbal section of GMAT under time constraint, however i did well in quant section because of my engineering background.
can i look forward for universities like pace university, Rochester institute of technology, Hult?
Will this be helpful in building my career?
Or can i look for courses like luxury management , i really love fashion?

Hi,
No problem at all. Both Hult and Rochester are good schools. You may also want to look at Thunderbird. You'll have to do the research yourself my friend and dig out schools that don't need a GMAT. I completely understand your situation, I was once in the exact same spot. If you're really into fashion you should look into MBA in design management or fashion management degree from milan.

https://www.euruni.edu/en/Programs/MBA/ ... ement.html
http://www.ied.edu/our-courses/master

Deep A.

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 02:31
Thanks alot for your assistance Deep A.
Isn't there design management course in US university?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 10:29
EduSimplified wrote:
sazahuja1 wrote:

X - 82% (2008)
XII - 65% (2010)

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular :

Thanks,
Saz

Hi Saz,

Best,

Hi Deep,

Please let me know when can we schedule the call ?

Best Regards,
Saz

Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2017, 10:29

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap