GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 22:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
resh: 621
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 06:45
Hi,

I plan to apply in R2 for the 2018 Fall intake and am in the process of getting my applications ready. I would like your take on my profile as well as any and all recommendations/remarks you may have. Thank you very much in advance. :-)

Personal information
Female/Indian/23 y.o.

Education
2012-2015: University of Delhi (St. Stephen's College): B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics (Economics and Finance concurrent subjects)
Aggregate Score: 76%

Test results
- GMAT: 720 (Q49,V40)

Professional experience
-2 Month Internship at the Spices of India as a Statistical Intern
-2 Month Research Internship at the Research Institute of a Social Sciences College in India
- Currently employed as a consultant at an education start up (2.5 years total work ex). Roles: Product Development and Client Management (I joined the organisation right after undergrad because I wanted my work to impact the society and I got to interact with and influence 13-17 year olds through my work.)

Leadership experience
- Led tech product launch in the current company
- Initiated and co-authored the first research paper of my current organisation
- Head of the Music Team in College (undergrad)
- External Events Co-ordinator for the Choreography Society (undergrad)

ECA
- I tutor underprivileged kids in Science, Math and Spoken English since 2012 (during undergrad as part of a club and during work experience on my own)
- I learn different dance forms
- I travel (mostly to the mountains on different treks along the Himalayas) during free time/weekends

Post-MBA goals
Following graduation - midterm horizon: Join a consulting firm and gain experience in strategy consulting with a focus on data analytics.
Longterm horizon: Start my own data analytics firm in India to solve for pressing issues of the society.

Targeted schools
In order of priority:
- MIT Sloan
- Tuck
- Darden
- Ross
- Tepper
- McCombs

MIT and Tuck are my dream schools. But since I want to surely start my MBA next year, I want to add two sure-shot schools in the list as well. I would like to know your thoughts on the same and would appreciate it if you could suggest a sure-shot school (and let me know if any in the list is a sure-shot school as well) for me. Thank you so much for your time!!
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 17:51
Coming from your really competitive applicant pool I'm not sure I would consider any of these schools a true safety. I would say McCombs is the closest thing to that for you. You will be a really young applicant with minimal experience which I think will make many of the schools on your list a tough sell for you. It seems like you are dead set on applying this year, is there a reason?

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap