GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 03:01

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Crafting Your Post-MBA Career Goals

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

How to think about crafting your Post-MBA career goals

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sloan '21
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.68
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 19:21
Hi!

I was just wondering if my profile could be evaluated for MIT Sloan. I am applying to Sloan, Booth and Duke- Thanks a lot!

Background/Nationality: 
• 24M, Indian, born and raised in Dubai, UAE for 17 years (permanent resident in Dubai), working in the United States
• Dealt with family tragedy stemming from unavailable life-saving and cost-effective drugs to treat life-threatening disease- Resulted in development of my resolve to understand effective drug delivery methods and be in the life sciences industry

Undergrad school/major: Georgia Institute of Technology, 3.68 GPA, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Work Experience: 
3 years at Deloitte Consulting focusing on supply chain transformation projects for Life Sciences clients- Promoted from analyst to consultant (Top of analyst class all 3 years) and sponsored for MBA degree
• Leading team of 3 at a life sciences client to revamp supply chain and reduce order backlog for $1B facility, targeting potential savings of $30M
• Managed 5 analysts to design and implement new logistics processes for a biotechnology client across 4 countries (Belgium, Japan, Singapore, USA), increasing global supply chain efficiency by 30% and $16M in revenue
• Awarded $500K in funding to develop prototype for integrated supply chain platform, with potential client savings of $35M
• Led college recruiting efforts as program chair, increasing STEM students intake by 15%
• Awards at Deloitte: Deloitte Applause Awards for ‘Best Performing Consultant’, Winner of Deloitte Innovation challenge , Top 5 at ‘Startup Deloitte’, Top 4 in Atlanta Startup Venture Competition

GMAT: 710, 46Q/40V. Also reported 700 49Q/37V due to higher quant score

Extra Curriculars: 
• Vice President of a Net Impact organization in Georgia for 4 years (2012-2016)
○ Launched ‘Social Enterprise Career Fair’ to connect 150+ students with 20 social enterprises, resulting in 90% placement rate
○ Convened over 20 social enterprise CEOs for ‘TED talks’-themed events to spread awareness on social entrepreneurship- attended by over 500 students
• Co- President of skills-based volunteering organization to fund-raise on social issues in India send local volunteers from US (2016-Present)
○ Leading all fundraising efforts for women emancipation programs in India– raised over $100K year-to-date
○ Created skills-based volunteering program to support disaster relief efforts in south India by sending 15 volunteers
• Project Lead for internal Deloitte pro-bono consulting initiative to improve vision screening in Atlanta Public schools (2017-Present)
○ Managed team of 4 analysts to optimize vision-screening process in public schools, targeting 50% increase of elementary school kids screened across 130 schools

Hobbies: Piano, travel (visited 17 countries), hiking, exploring national parks , reading biographies and science fiction

Goal of MBA: 
• Business Acumen: MIT Sloan's focus on action learning and cross campus integration will help me gain overall business acumen and help me understand supply chain interdependencies with other business units in an organization such as finance, marketing etc. Action learning labs would be a great hands-on experience to work with diverse sets of people (culturally and expertise area) and approach solving problems by learning from different perspectives
• Life Sciences: The MBA degree will also allow me to understand the life sciences industry at a macro scale and understand how external factors such as policy, delivery innovation can directly improve healthcare outcomes for individuals- currently I am limited in my role to operations management at Deloitte with limited visibility into how these external factors work and other general management areas such as effect of organizational dynamics on product innovation, strategic marketing etc. (For example: H-Lab at MIT Sloan would provide me these exact skills I need)
• Leadership: Leadership classes at Sloan such as Sloan Innovation Period will help me gain critical leadership skills I need to grow into a Partner in the firm with focus on managing teams, improving active listening etc. but also being able to think like a CEO and visualize problem solving approaches from a top executive's perspective- this will help me serve my clients better at Deloitte
• Goal Post- MBA: Come to Deloitte and follow the Partner track at the firm majoring in the Life Sciences Industry
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 15:00
Overall you've got great experience & awesome goals so I think you definitely have a solid shot at MIT. The personal driver of your goals is great as is the exposure you've had to this area already at work. Those factors & the goals themselves will all differentiate you. Will Deloitte sponsor you? If so, that will strengthen your chances for sure.

If there's any chance you can get your GMAT up that would be awesome. MIT's average is 722 & when you are below the average more weight is placed on the rest of your application. It's not the end of the world if you can't, and you don't want to take too much time from essay at this point, but it will make it that much more critical that every other part of your application is rock solid.

All that said, I think you have great material & the makings of a strong app!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap