It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 07:25

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 10:36
Hello Guys,
I have just written my GMAT and was happy to see the score of 730 on my final screen. I scored Q50, V38 and IR7. I have an undergraduate degree in Architecture from Manipal University in India with a GPA of 7.1 on a 10-point scale. I will have completed working 2 years as an architect by the time I start my course. I also have an entire year of internship done as a requirement for my undergraduate program. I would much appreciate any help to understand where I stand with my applications.
It would also be helpful if you could inform me which TOP B-Schools I should look at to apply for a full time MBA .

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 15:51
Thanks for sharing your profile a bit more info would help otherwise I would just be recommending blindly. Why MBA? Career goals? Target location?

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 18:55
abhimanyujp wrote:
Hello Guys,
I have just written my GMAT and was happy to see the score of 730 on my final screen. I scored Q50, V38 and IR7. I have an undergraduate degree in Architecture from Manipal University in India with a GPA of 7.1 on a 10-point scale. I will have completed working 2 years as an architect by the time I start my course. I also have an entire year of internship done as a requirement for my undergraduate program. I would much appreciate any help to understand where I stand with my applications.
It would also be helpful if you could inform me which TOP B-Schools I should look at to apply for a full time MBA .

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu,

First, your work experience will be less for a regular MBA program. The average work experience at most US MBAs is between 4-5 years. Internships are not counted as wrk experience.

Secondly, tell us more about your profile- what have you done so far and why do you wish to do an MBA.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 21:32
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try and explain the questions however best I can and hopefully you could read my profile better.

My target would be the Best B-schools in the US.

I will have completed working as an Architect for two years (by July 2018) where I have been designing and planning the Execution of various projects. My job requires me to consult with clients and interface with several contractors and other construction professionals. I can say that I have successfully managed projects of different scales ranging from residences to mixed-use communities. I have helped an NGO in the design and executed construction of schools in rural villages of India and volunteered at different workshops.

An MBA for me is a means to accelerate towards my goal and provide me with the skills to achieve this goal. The construction industry is basically in dire need of improvements in its systems with the advancements in technology and I want to be the one helping in the execution of these plans. This will be my short term goal after my MBA. In the long run, I want to slowly transition into something that changes the world after I accumulate enough resources to use them at my disposal. There are a lot of concerns in this world that I want to be able to help and change for the betterment of Humanity. I see myself having a Non-profit of my own which would strive for the betterment of this world. Service to Humanity is what my passion has always been.

So there, I have tried explaining myself and hopefully, you get a better understanding of my profile.

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Expert Post
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 13:48
Hi Abhimanyu,

Thanks for sharing your background. Your long-term career goal is still quite broad - what kind of of a non-profit do you want to start and why? How does it connect with what you have done in the past? Also, what have you been doing on the extracurricular side?

Given that you come from a tough demographic (Indian male), the top 10-12 business schools in the US would be a stretch, in my view, with schools ranked in the 12-20 range as more of a target.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 23:10
abhimanyujp wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try and explain the questions however best I can and hopefully you could read my profile better.

My target would be the Best B-schools in the US.

I will have completed working as an Architect for two years (by July 2018) where I have been designing and planning the Execution of various projects. My job requires me to consult with clients and interface with several contractors and other construction professionals. I can say that I have successfully managed projects of different scales ranging from residences to mixed-use communities. I have helped an NGO in the design and executed construction of schools in rural villages of India and volunteered at different workshops.

An MBA for me is a means to accelerate towards my goal and provide me with the skills to achieve this goal. The construction industry is basically in dire need of improvements in its systems with the advancements in technology and I want to be the one helping in the execution of these plans. This will be my short term goal after my MBA. In the long run, I want to slowly transition into something that changes the world after I accumulate enough resources to use them at my disposal. There are a lot of concerns in this world that I want to be able to help and change for the betterment of Humanity. I see myself having a Non-profit of my own which would strive for the betterment of this world. Service to Humanity is what my passion has always been.

So there, I have tried explaining myself and hopefully, you get a better understanding of my profile.

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Dear Abhimanyu,
Your GMAT & WE are towards the lower side of the ideal cases. That said, you seem to have a good idea of your story and how to shape your goals. One of the biggest concerns for you though is that time is running out for you. Please start your application work immediately; your next round deadlines are already going to be really tight.
Happy to help. Please feel free to get in touch for a free profile evaluation over the phone. Send in your resume and important details.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)
BK
Feel free to connect for a free detailed evaluation.
The Ivy League Edge
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Re: Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730)   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2017, 23:10

Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730)

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap