GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 07:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request- Non-Profit Background

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation Request- Non-Profit Background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Aug 2017, 08:25
Thanks all for the feedback!

Originally posted by ThadGA08 on 22 Jun 2017, 17:39.
Last edited by ThadGA08 on 27 Aug 2017, 08:25, edited 6 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Non-Profit Background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 05:44
Hi there,
Definitely the longest post I've read :-D .

Your profile is very strong and you have amazing achievements. So much so that you don't need an MBA. Hence, you will get into an MBA. Adcoms love zero liability candidates and you are one.
While brainstorming do think about
1. Who will look after your NPO once you're away?
2. Why are you shifting from Entrepreneurship/NPO to Corporate?

Hope this helps. Do keep us posted on your journey. Good Luck!

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Jun 2017, 16:35

Originally posted by WestCoast08 on 23 Jun 2017, 12:26.
Last edited by WestCoast08 on 23 Jun 2017, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 16:00
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have a really strong profile with your high GPA and GMAT and good work experience. You can apply anywhere you like. I think you have selected the right schools for your interest and competitiveness. Just execute on the app, show your passion, and really make the connection between your past work experience to your future career goals and you should be in good shape here

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Coaching

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 10:15
Good profile; GPA and Test scores. I would tone down on the community involvement bit; don't make it the centrepiece.

Blend your short and long term career goals. If HR is long term, then you should project your short term career goals in HR speak as a foundation for crystallising the long term vision. Organisational behaviour, labour relations...blah..blah are the perfect choices. Research and pick an innovative theme that you'd want to explore post MBA. Analyse what the target schools offer to bolster your short and long term career aspirations; and match them critically with your community, academic and work experiences.

The consulting detour could be a good thing, but not when ADCOMs long to look at a logical career perspective and how their school would help you get to the next pedestal.

Imagine yourself graduating from your target B-School and Visualise how you had leveraged all these resources. List out the graphic details as bullet points and then build coherent essays. Your essays are going to be critical; follow the above blueprint and be methodical. All the very best.

Check my Blog for Stellar MBA Admit Testimonials
| Top 5 MBA admissions consulting since 2006 | >95% success rate |
| First essay GRATIS | Pay what you want thereafter | email: jeffrey.adcom@gmail.com

If this response helped you, please give the post a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Jul 2017, 16:15

Originally posted by ThadGA08 on 25 Jun 2017, 10:54.
Last edited by ThadGA08 on 05 Jul 2017, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2017, 14:29
Thad, wildly enthusiastic about your profile. I'm also very impressed with how you have research the schools and found ones that have best matched your interest in community and professional aspirations. I don't really see any restrictions on where you could go. If you had any interest in HBS then I think you could do that but I think I know why you decided not to. Very interesting professional goals. I recently help someone get into the Booth evening program who has a job that's very similar to what you described. To take things to the next level she is considering a startup that is focused on using analytics to systematically ensure fair compensation across all racial groups , which has been a key accomplishment in her current role. We've also talked about HR Consulting roles as a jumping-off point post MBA. I honestly think that it would benefit you to hop on the phone with some people in these different types of roles, consulting could possibly be a good path to take if you can establish how connect the dots and there's good fit. However is that what you are excited about? For my client I think she is more excited about doing than helping.

MBA Prep Coach
http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Jul 2017, 16:14

Originally posted by ThadGA08 on 25 Jun 2017, 17:21.
Last edited by ThadGA08 on 05 Jul 2017, 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2017, 03:31
Hi ThadGA08,

You've definitely got the numbers. You've got a pretty different (compared to most other applicants) career path, and based on what you say, you've done quite well there as well.

In theory, you should be ok to make applications to these schools, and to others in the M7 as well - if you should go ahead with it.

Areas of emphasis: Make sure to connect why your short term and long term goals make sense - given your interest in public service so far. (without knowledge of what your non-profit does) I agree that consulting will help you practice the skills and apply the knowledge that you learn with regards to organization building (among other things). I would also agree that this will prepare you for a career in leadership in most organizations.

But why from here to there? This is something you should elaborate. This is likely to make a good application great.

Cheers mate,
Karthik

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Non-Profit Background &nbs [#permalink] 30 Jun 2017, 03:31

Profile Evaluation Request- Non-Profit Background

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap