Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 18:58 It is currently 02 May 2024, 18:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation to Understand target B-schools [#permalink]
pranavchaudhry99, thanks for updating this. A few thoughts on your profile evaluation and plans.

1. The academic arc is good given the NIFT pedigree and a decent GPA. The GMAT score is alright but also depends on the program choices. For top 10/15, could be a tad on the lower side from an Indian candidate perspective.
  2. The professional profile is quite interesting and relatively unique in the NIFT peer group. The association with PwC brand helps. How has your trajectory been here? Any MBA grads as peers?
  3. The Extracurriculars look decent up until college. Anything after that though?
  4. For reasons mentioned here, we don't speculate on school selection or chances. Broadly though, given your two criteria, it'll be ideal to target T10/15 at best.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reach out directly for a deeper discussion.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 580 [0]
Given Kudos: 159
Send PM
Profile Evaluation to Understand target B-schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pranavchaudhry99 wrote:
Dear Evaluators, I am looking to Pursue an MBA with the goal of elevating my career further to tier 1 Consulting Firms (MBBs).

Name- Pranav Chaudhry
Age- 25
Overview
1) Total work Ex (Time) - 40 Months
2) Undergrad College - National Institute of Fashion Technology (8.1 GPA)
3) Additional Certifications - Specialization in Finance from HBS Online.
Work Ex-
1) Currently Working with PwC as a senior associate in Management Consulting - Textiles. (total 26 Months)
2) Worked as a Research Analyst in Wazir Advisors (A boutique consulting firm in Textiles) for 14 months, (offered promotion to Associate Consultant)
3) Founded a Cafe in college
4) Founded a E-commerce Handicraft Business (Selected in top 10 handicraft start-ups in Niti Ayog Incubation)
5) GMAT - 730

Achievements at Work
1) Formed and Initiated Quarterly Industry Reports to the major stakeholders for BD.
2) Offered fast track promotion (in 2 years from Associate to Senior Associate)

Extra-curricular
1) Head of Student Council in School
2) Member of Core Committee at College
3) Founder of Athletics Club at college

I want to Pursue an MBA and am open to suggestions irrespective of the location, The following are my priorities (order-wise) while choosing a Program.
1) Recognition of the MBA in India
2) International Presence/recognition of the MBA

Hi Pranav,

Interesting to note the career shift to consulting immediately after the graduate course. I did sneak in a bit on your Linkedin profile and got a better sense of the academics, specifically the course you graduated in. The HBS program seems to be a nice addition, esp if it has also found relevance in your work experience.

Your work experience can be a differentiating factor as not many applicants work with textile clients. But more interesting for me is the company you founded - how long did you run that for? what were the highlights?

Your GMAT score is excellent, but its also common for Indian applicants to achieve that kind of score. AS you want suggestions on b-schools, i would look deeper into programs such as Georgetown, Emory, Kelley, McCombs, UCLA, Cornell, USC Marshall, UNC Kenan Flagler, HEC Paris among others. I suggest you pay special attention to their employment reports and get a sense of the consulting companies that visit campus. Also note, these b-schools are suggestions based on a very preliminary evaluation- it will be great if you use the list only as a starting point to research further.

Feel free to reach out for a more indepth profile evaluation.

Namita Garg
Founder, MBA Decoder
https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-pr ... valuation/
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
pranavchaudhry99 wrote:
Dear Evaluators, I am looking to Pursue an MBA with the goal of elevating my career further to tier 1 Consulting Firms (MBBs).

Name- Pranav Chaudhry
Age- 25
Overview
Work Ex-
1) Currently Working with PwC as a senior associate in Management Consulting - Textiles. (total 26 Months)
2) Worked as a Research Analyst in Wazir Advisors (A boutique consulting firm in Textiles) for 14 months, (offered promotion to Associate Consultant)
4) Founded a E-commerce Handicraft Business (Selected in top 10 handicraft start-ups in Niti Ayog Incubation)
5) GMAT - 730

Achievements at Work
1) Formed and Initiated Quarterly Industry Reports to the major stakeholders for BD.

Extra-curricular

I want to Pursue an MBA and am open to suggestions irrespective of the location, The following are my priorities (order-wise) while choosing a Program.

pranavchaudhry99 - thanks for sharing your details.

Some initial points: While prioritizing schools, I suggest contemplating on which geographies resonate with you the most i.e. where do you see yourself living/ working in (for 2-3 years). There is no right or wrong answer here: this depends on your preferences. Having an idea helps with focusing on relevant schools in these geographies, as there are both US T10-25 and some European schools that fit your two criteria and an initial assessment of your profile. I would then look at which of these schools have a good alumni network in MBB's. A good part of consultant recruitment is based on referrals, so alumni presence in these firms is critical. Looking at the schools' employment reports and quick LinkedIn searches (filtering school name, company name and geography) can help.

Having transitioned to management consulting (in Europe and Middle-East) post my MBA, happy to connect for a detailed chat if you would like to discuss.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Profile Evaluation to Understand target B-schools [#permalink]
pranavchaudhry99 wrote:

Name- Pranav Chaudhry
Age- 25
Overview
Work Ex-
5) GMAT - 730

Achievements at Work

Extra-curricular

Usually the top 10/15 US schools are well recognized in India

Canadian schools may be a better option given your personal preferences. Rotman, Schulich, UBC all have a great number of Indian students. Also, well suited for the score and profile. (Personally, suggested this to my business partner and he is doing well, other clients of mine went that way for similar reasons. You can check them out here- Where we got them)

French schools like INSEAD also have some presence in India. OxBridge may be another option but you may want to gain extra work ex for EU/Brit schools
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
pranavchaudhry99 wrote:

Name- Pranav Chaudhry
Age- 25
Overview
Work Ex-
5) GMAT - 730

Achievements at Work

Extra-curricular

Hi pranavchaudhry99
Previous posters have already brought in decent advice.
To great schools offering loans without collaterals, at rates about 1/3rd of Indian rates, you can look at T-15 schools, each of which has a well known presence globally.
Your application has a great strength of good career trajectory in the short time.
Some more ECs (from after UG) can help your application another 5%.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM