Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1173 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Where am I going wrong?? [#permalink]
Hi vartikavats,

I couldn't help chipping in here, because I follow Alex's posts and I found this one to be a bit more interesting from a feedback perspective. From the way you've writen here, to me it seems obvious that you're writing the "Indian" style of English. I can spot it better than Alex (assuming that Alex doesn't know languages such as Hindi) because your grammar syntax/vocabulary is resembling the Indian languages - e.g. - "what was coming in my head", in my opinion, perhaps it would be more appropriate to say "what I could think of". This prompts me to think that perhaps you'd do well to do some self-evaluation and also seek opinion of your peers, colleagues etc. regarding how well you can speak/write (think of vocabulary, fluency, grammar etc.). Just remember that English in the US and the UK is of higher standards at the Graduate courses and as such, you'll be competing against people who can boast of excellent fluency in English.

Other than that, it is not easy for anyone to opine very accurately on your communication skills based on whatever you've posted here (that isn't enough data, to tell you the truth). Finally, I believe whatever Alex has suggested seems to be very practical, and if you could follow his advice, I believe you can reach your goals.

Best,
Subhash
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1173 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot