It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 11:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review (Fashion Studies)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 11

CAT Tests
Profile review (Fashion Studies) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 09:08
Hello,

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs. 

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion studies from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in the country since June 2014. Currently have a rich experience of 39 months.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.

Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

I gave my third attempt of GMAT at the beginning of the week. Below are all my scores:
1st attempt : 680 (Q-50, V-30, IR-7, AWA - 4)
2nd attempt : 670 (Q-49, V-33, IR-7, AWA - 5)
3rd attempt : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA- awaited).

Though i did manage to touch the psychological barrier of 700, I still feel I am 30 points shy of reaching my target score. I need your help in pursuing my MBA dreams. 

Below is the shortlist which I have done:

1) US - Most preferred country for further education
2) Asia – ISB/NUS/NTU are the only preferred colleges for an Indian

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding which colleges I should apply.

I am targeting top 15 US B schools. So should I apply in Round 1 or give GMAT again and apply in Round 2 with a higher score?

As studying in my current job is becoming extremely tough, I am planning to switch my job and take a break of around a month between the jobs. 

Will it be okay if I plan my next GMAT attempt between a job switch?

Will a new job have any negative impact on my candidature?

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile review (Fashion Studies) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 18:11
I would retake your GMAT given you are targeting top 15, your 700 will limit your viability.

I think this should be fine, it is up to you and your prep so it is certainly possible to do both

Not necessarily, as long as it makes sense in your career trajectory it should not be an issue

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2017, 09:49
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I would retake your GMAT given you are targeting top 15, your 700 will limit your viability.

I think this should be fine, it is up to you and your prep so it is certainly possible to do both

Not necessarily, as long as it makes sense in your career trajectory it should not be an issue

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I do believe I can further take my score up to 730. Hopefully will be in a much better situation with a higher score. Work on application will remain same, irrespective of my score.

Can you suggest colleges which I should target keeping in mind my profile and my area of interest in general management/strategy?

Also with a 700 should I apply in any of the top colleges in R1 or should I wait for my next GMAT attempt attempt and target them in R2?

Will there be any negatives of applying in Round 2 ?

Also, as I have already done my under graduation in fashion, I don't want to confine myself when it comes to Masters. Hence looking for a more generalized field.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2017, 18:38
I would take a look at Ross, UVA, UNC, and Duke. No real negatives...more spots available in R1 but it is important to apply when your application is strongest

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 04:46
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I would take a look at Ross, UVA, UNC, and Duke. No real negatives...more spots available in R1 but it is important to apply when your application is strongest

Thanks for your reply Dozie. I will concentrate on my next attempt of GMAT as of now. Will definitely get in touch with you around end of November when I am done with my exam. The list of colleges will definitely help me in deciding my target score.

Profile review (Fashion Studies)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap