It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 11:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
NTU Nanyang Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 246

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 07:16
Hi Team

Before the GMAT exam starts, a prompt was shown to add 5 schools of interest. This was reflected in the official score card also. Is this what called sending of score reports to schools?

I have already taken my gmat and scored a 690. If I retake, will the latest score be considered for evaluation?

Kindly clarify on these 2 questions.

Cheers
Balaji

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 642 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 07:23
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hi Team

Before the GMAT exam starts, a prompt was shown to add 5 schools of interest. This was reflected in the official score card also. Is this what called sending of score reports to schools?

I have already taken my gmat and scored a 690. If I retake, will the latest score be considered for evaluation?

Cheers
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

1. Yes, this is what is called sending of official score report to the schools. In case you wish to send your score to a school outside the 5 you listed on test day, you can do it separately through MBA.com, but it will involve a fee.
2. If you retake, and accept the score at the end, the latest score will be sent to the 5 schools you choose on the day of the retake. Please note that the score report that schools who are on your retake day list receive will contain a mention of both scores.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [1], given: 20

NTU Nanyang Thread Master
B

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 07:36
GyanOne wrote:
Hi Team

Cheers
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

1. Yes, this is what is called sending of official score report to the schools. In case you wish to send your score to a school outside the 5 you listed on test day, you can do it separately through MBA.com, but it will involve a fee.
2. If you retake, and accept the score at the end, the latest score will be sent to the 5 schools you choose on the day of the retake. Please note that the score report that schools who are on your retake day list receive will contain a mention of both scores.

hello. thank you so much. in case my 2nd attempt score is higher and i accept it and send to my schools, will the 2nd score be used for admission purpose?

Aiming for a 3 digit number with 7 as hundredths Digit

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 09:57
Top Contributor
GyanOne wrote:
Hi Team

Cheers
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

hello. thank you so much. in case my 2nd attempt score is higher and i accept it and send to my schools, will the 2nd score be used for admission purpose?

At ISB, yes, the highest score is used, whether it is the latest or not. At quite a few other schools, the same policy is followed. Some schools, however, use the latest score, whether it is the highest or not. In any case, with the GMAT now allowing the cancellation of a score after you know it, the logical thing to do if your latest score is less than or equal to your highest score is simply to cancel the latest score.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Re: QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2016, 09:57

QUery on Sending Score Reports to Schools and Latest Score in GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap