It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 03:42
Hello there,

I'll begin with some details about myself and follow them up with my queries.

Age - 25
Work Ex - 25 months
Education - Electrical Engineer - CGPA 7,2/10
Nationality - Indian
GMAT 730
Languages - English, German (A2), Hindi
Work profile -
I work as a Process Engineer for a Cable manufacturing company in Germany. I started as an International Technical Trainee at the Headquarters in Germany. Post that I was sent on an assignment to Slovakia, I was responsible for streamlining the production and processes over there and to introduce new technolgies and transfer the knowledge from our Germany plant. At the moment, I am on a year long assignment to China. Here I am responsible for the localisation of data cables, train the Chinese colleagues and to run some process optimization projects.
I am satisfied with my job but the opportunities to grow in this role seem to be stagnating in the long run.

Volunteer experience
- Volunteered for a Non Government Organisation and was the City president - was responsible for about 100 volunteers, teaching kids at social and economic risk.
- Worked with Right to Education Research cell to design a volunteer organisation to check and aid in implementing the Right to Education act of the Indian Govt.
- Volunteered with 'Unaccompanied Minor Refugees' in Germany in 2016

I am looking at HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi and other European B schools. I would like to try my hand at consulting after MBA with a long term aim of getting into Development consulting/ Social entrepreneurship in India.

Could you comment on my chances of getting into these schools? While I believe my international exposure and experience would be a plus I fear that my years of experience and age could be a disadvantage. Would you recommend any other schools that I should be applying to?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Coaching

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 21:37
Good GMAT score and international exposure, though work ex is very less for the targeted schools. Agree with your assessment; The par level is 5 years.

Why not wait and aim for the best. Add IE, IESE to the list.

IMD too if you can spend another 5+ years, gaining valuable leadership experience.

Check my Blog for Stellar MBA Admit Testimonials
| Top 5 MBA admissions consulting since 2006 | >95% success rate |
| First essay GRATIS | Pay what you want thereafter | email: jeffrey.adcom@gmail.com

If this response helped you, please give the post a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Schools: Wharton
Re: Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 00:15
Hi rishabhgmatdec,

Is your work experience (# months) as of now? If yes, it would look somewhat better by the time you join the program next year. It’ll still be lower than what’s typical for most schools, especially European schools, but if you think you’ve had good progress professionally so far, you can apply this year. You’ve a good GMAT score and your international experience is a plus for European programs.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant

Consulting| Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

And if you couldn’t make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Re: Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2017, 00:15

Review profile for HEC, INSEAD, SDA Bocconi please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap