It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 15:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross Vs Mccombs?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Ross Vs Mccombs? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 07:51
Hello All,

I had applied for Weekend MBA Program at Ross ,Mccombs , received admits for both. Here is my situation - I was almost certain to Join Ross for my MBA but then work thing happened and i will be moving to texas.So, if i take up ross , i would need to fly every other week to Ross which would be added cost (Flight/Hotel).I am interested in moving to technology firms such as Amazon,Microsoft. Please help me to take decide which one would be better choice :

1. Is Ross a better brand than Mccombs? Does it make sence to spend +40k for the brand?
2. Since, i am interested in recruiting (technology) , will i have same oppourtunities in Mccombs?
3.How is Mccombs degree values globally?

Please let you know you thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ross Vs Mccombs? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
hellomba24 wrote:
Hello All,

I had applied for Weekend MBA Program at Ross ,Mccombs , received admits for both. Here is my situation - I was almost certain to Join Ross for my MBA but then work thing happened and i will be moving to texas.So, if i take up ross , i would need to fly every other week to Ross which would be added cost (Flight/Hotel).I am interested in moving to technology firms such as Amazon,Microsoft. Please help me to take decide which one would be better choice :

1. Is Ross a better brand than Mccombs? Does it make sence to spend +40k for the brand?
2. Since, i am interested in recruiting (technology) , will i have same oppourtunities in Mccombs?

Please let you know you thoughts?

Ross is the better brand and sends many grads to tech firms like Amazon, etc every year. Ross > McCombs

McCombs is still a very good brand though, and also feeds decently to tech firms.

Bottom line: While Ross is the better brand, McCombs is fine too, and you should really be living near the Part-Time program if you plan to work at the same time.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

Cesar: Cesar
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 17:59
This post received
KUDOS
I think Roos is better brand than McCombs, however, McCombs is a very good brand.
lf you move to Texas then take McCombs because you can save a lot of money. Moreover, McCombs is doing good in Tech companies and there are many Tech companies in Texas.

Good luck.

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 5

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 19:46
This post received
KUDOS
hellomba24 wrote:

Yes, Ross is better than McCombs. No it does not not makes sense to spend 40k+ for the brand in addition to the time of travel/stay etc. (time is money)
hellomba24 wrote:
2. Since, i am interested in recruiting (technology) , will i have same opportunities in Mccombs?

Will you have same opportunities? Probably not. But you will have pretty descent opportunities in McCombs as well. Moreover, if you choose Ross, I doubt if you'll be able to completely utilize the resources because you'll be there only for a short while every week. At McCombs you can enjoy a much more flexible schedule and can explore what McCombs has to offer in totality.
hellomba24 wrote:

Depends on which part of globe you go. I can talk about Asia region and not many folks would recognize McCombs (though UT is still a pretty good brand). Having said that, Ross too isn't that strong a brand either in the Asia region. UCLA/Duke in the same league are known better. I don't think you should worry about this because in long-term what you did post-MBA will matter more than slight difference in brands of schools.

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 5

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 20:04
ROSS IS THE BETTER BRAND BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO SPEND 40K EXTRA FOR A PT PROGRAM
YES YOU WILL AUSTIN IS A BUSTLING TECH HUB
IT IS OK BUT NEITHER SCHOOL WILL BE A DIFFERENTIATOR HERE IN THIS REGARD

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross Vs Mccombs?   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2017, 20:04