Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, Rishabh1983

You have a super good GMAT score for Rotman, but R3 is hard to break as the class spaces have already been filled by the potential candidate and in R3 adcoms are looking for those exceptional candidates who can bring diversity to the incoming cohort. One will make it to R3 if the profile is outstanding. In your case, your academies are fine, but you have a much lower work experience relative to the average work experience for Rotman, which is 5 years. Either your work-ex should be solid with huge impact or I'm going to recommend that you get more work experience in your profession so that you have a lot of stories to build with the help of your work experience, or you can wait a year to apply, you'll get additional work experience as well.

ECs are good as playing a sport as an extracurricular can offer wonderful tales of passion and endurance and can speak a lot about the other facets of your personality.

So, I can not outright deny your chances to Rotman. I need to understand your profile in detail in order to give you the optimal guidance. If you'd like, I am happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in detail and brainstorm right schools for you.
Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Rishabh1983 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply in R3 for Rotman and UBC, Please let me know of my chances

Indian Male
XIIth : 86.2%
Xth : 8.8 CGPA
Mathematics Hon. from Delhi University
Did Actuarial Science along with graduation and have three actuarial papers to my credit.

Work ex: 2 years of experience working for a US based Consulting MNC as Actuarial Analyst
ECA : Participated in National level table tennis championship once in school and state level rank holder twice.
did some volunteer work like helping in blind school and teaching underprivileged kids.

GMAT : 750
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Durgesh1911 wrote:
Could someone please evaluate my profile?

male, Indian,Software engineer, 23 years old,

Undergraduate: Bachelor of Engineering from Walchand institute of technology, solapur University
4-year full time oncampus course.

GMAT: 670 expected – writing this November;

Work experience: 2 years post-graduation
I’ll have 4 years continuous, post-university experience by Sept 2019.

I’m currently with the royal ventures,event management firm.
I have organised a private event for Ex State Cabinet Minister and Worked with State IT cell head.also working with a national ngo from last one year.

Likely recommendations from: Principal of Walchand institute of technology and Head Of Department Information technology,WIT Solapur

Extra-Curricular: Well-rounded set of extra curriculars including volunteering for a ngo.
Won bronze medal in state level kickboxing and 4rth in state kickboxing the very next heart.
Bronze medal in district level Fencing and 4rth in Division level Fencing.

Goal: To work consulting firm or Some Bank
Weakness in Profile: GMAT, GPA?

Key points: I am not sure if I am too late for a scholarship and if I would be eligible for one… I am also targeting Rotman for the Forte foundation

Profile in numbers-

9.2/68.4/7.6
2 years workex in event management firm

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey Durgesh1911!

Commencing your evaluation with your work experience, having expertise in event management is one of the significant strong suits in your profile as schools look to add diversity to their cohort. Moreover, this certainly acts as a differentiator in your profile as you possess an altogether different perspective. You can put efforts to highlight why you chose this field, what kind of projects you have done so far, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives taken up, and any impact created to establish a connection with your goals, and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences. Thus, it would be best to focus on the quality of your work and how you bloomed in the role. Explaining all this well can help you stand out in a crowd.

Extracurricular activities are a way to showcase your proactive attitude and how you have emulated the theoretical knowledge you gained in classes and created a positive impact by utilizing them in real-life situations. Hence, the initiatives you have taken up should highlight your holistic development on all fronts. Talk about the CSR activities you were a part of or any NGO volunteering experience to showcase your socially responsible side. Besides that, you can also take up some courses or certifications to portray how you are always willing to upskill yourself.

Coming on to your academic background, your GPA falls on the average end while for GMAT, I would recommend a retake in order to meet the average requirement of Rotman, i.e., 690 - Higher the better!

Given your school choice, Rotman falls under the dream category where your chances of acceptance are 50%. In this case, a better strategy would be to hedge your bets wisely and target a mix of 6-8 schools.

That said, you can target the following schools:-
Ivey, Queens, UBC, Waterloo, Schulich

Lastly, it is essential to be mindful that you’d be competing with much stronger profiles which is why I’d suggest you lay emphasis on your admission application. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and is also how you can highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, a strong application sets you apart from the rest of the competition and hence it is imperative that you use this tool in your arsenal to the best of your advantage.

On this note, if you are contemplating on how you need to go about crafting a pitch perfect application, you can check out our all in one service comprehensive application consulting service that has helped over 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools such as Rotman, Duke, Wharton, HEC, etc. Through the All in one service, you will be guided by a top b-school alumnus right from finalizing schools for your profile to crafting your application documents and prepping for the interviews!

The link is given below-:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

Please help in evaluating my profile :

Education :
Chartered Accountant (India)
CFA (Level II cleared) (90th percentile)
Bachelor of Commerce from NM College, Mumbai (Grade A)
Std XII (87%)
Std X (92%)

Work Experience:

3 years of internship with Deloitte as an Internal Audit Consultant
6 months with Future Group as a Business Innovator
2 years of work ex with Kotak Investments as a Credit/ Monitoring Analyst (Current)

Extra Currics :

Associated with a Rotaract club for a year
Represented school and college in district level throwball championships,
Dance (as a hobby)

GMAT - yet to attempt (ongoing prep)

THANKS!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools: ISB '23 (I)
Send PM
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 27 years, Female

GMAT SCORE: 660 (Q44, V37)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
PG Diploma in Marketing Management (Welingkar Institute, Mumbai): A+ Grade
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00
XII - 85.33% (H.R. College, Mumbai - HSC)
X - 89.86% (Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai - ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS
Tata Consumer Products Limited
- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
- Participated in multiple international conferences
Teach For India
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Shadowbox Charitable Trust and Pragati Holistic Development Trust
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
Safecity: Red Dot Foundation
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy/Marketing roles in FMCG

Thanks in advance!
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rads93,

I've already evaluated your profile for INSEAD and I'd be happy to do so again for Rotman. Assuming that I've already outlined the features of your profile, here I'm going to evaluate your profile for ROTMAN and the core facets for the selection of candidates. Also, in the case of Canadian business schools, ROTMAN has a strong acceptance rate for round 3 as compared to other b-schools but at the same time, it’s fiercely competitive for Indian applicants.

ROTMAN highly values excellence, impact, and diversity. I can find all three of them in your profile! Bring out the stories of your work experience that have made an impact and contributed to the success of your organization. You have a very strong community experience, and I'm sure you have a lot of stories to dig out and bring to the table to demonstrate your leadership potential and ability to tackle difficult times.

I can see the spike element in your profile (for community involvement) that you can elaborate to show your integrity to your community and how it has shaped your personality.

I've seen you have shared your profile on several b-schools threads. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss which school is better suited for you. You can also check out our article on TOP MBA PROGRAMS FOR ROUND 3 which will give you an idea on b-Schools to apply for round 3 and how you can strengthen your profile for the third round.

Feel free to book a free session here as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

rads93 wrote:
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 27 years, Female

GMAT SCORE: 660 (Q44, V37)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
PG Diploma in Marketing Management (Welingkar Institute, Mumbai): A+ Grade
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00
XII - 85.33% (H.R. College, Mumbai - HSC)
X - 89.86% (Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai - ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS
Tata Consumer Products Limited
- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
- Participated in multiple international conferences
Teach For India
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Shadowbox Charitable Trust and Pragati Holistic Development Trust
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
Safecity: Red Dot Foundation
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy/Marketing roles in FMCG

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi Team,

I am looking to apply to Rotman for R3. It would be great if someone could evaluate my profile-
BACKGROUND: 24 years, Male

GMAT SCORE: 710 (Q49, V38)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Bachelor's of Technology in CS (Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore): CGPA 8.2
XII - 93%% (SSC, Andhra Pradesh)
X - 86% (ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years 8 months (3 yrs 3 months by the start of the program)
WE1: ZS Associates-consulting, worked as an analytics associate for 1 year and 5 months
WE2: Worked as a business analyst at KPMG India for 1 year and 3 months on a government healthcare project

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT and Extracurriculars
Volunteer at the Robinhood army in Pune and Hyderabad for more than a year, distributed food and blankets every weekend.
Board member at the Rotaract club at college served as the editorial head, and also managed a team of close to 40 volunteers while conducting several events.
Wrote a blog in college and played football for the school team at the district level

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy Consulting/Tech

Thanks in advance!
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
thesilentshadow wrote:
Hi Team,

I am looking to apply to Rotman for R3. It would be great if someone could evaluate my profile-

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Bachelor's of Technology in CS (Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore): CGPA 8.2
X - 86% (ICSE)

WE1: ZS Associates-consulting, worked as an analytics associate for 1 year and 5 months
WE2: Worked as a business analyst at KPMG India for 1 year and 3 months on a government healthcare project

Volunteer at the Robinhood army in Pune and Hyderabad for more than a year, distributed food and blankets every weekend.
Board member at the Rotaract club at college served as the editorial head, and also managed a team of close to 40 volunteers while conducting several events.
Wrote a blog in college and played football for the school team at the district level

Thanks in advance!

Hello thesilentshadow,

Thanks for sharing! While you are a bit on the younger end of the spectrum in terms of age and work experience, you definitely have some good credentials under your belt.

With the Rotman Round 3 deadline less than a month away, I assume you are well into the application process. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you work through your application:

1) Is your story clear? Does the reader walk away knowing who you are and what matters to you?

2) Have you thought out and articulated why you want an MBA?

3) Are you consistent throughout all of the application components? Your resume, essays, short answer questions and letters of recommendation should all include the same general message.

4) Does your application include specific information about Rotman? Admissions committee members read thousands of essays every year and it is very easy for them to determine who is genuinely interested in the school and knows a lot about the program.

5) Are your letters of recommendation strong enough? Did you advise your recommenders to use specific examples and compare you to other candidates?

6) Are your essays easy to read? Or do you find yourself re-reading paragraphs because you do not see how they fit into the essay?

7) Did you have someone else read your essays? This will give you an outsider’s objective opinion of your accomplishments and help to ensure you are talking about your experiences with the right level of detail for someone outside of your industry.

8) Do you have an MBA-specific resume? For an MBA resume, you want to show how you have been successful and demonstrated leadership. You are selling your future potential. Make sure not to get too detailed here, though.

9) Have you actually answered every question? It can be tempting to go off-book or include additional information but adcom members ask each question for a specific reason. Ensure you are answering the question asked and not offering what you think they want to hear.

One of the main challenges that Personal MBA Coach helps applicants tackle is figuring out how to truly tell their stories. This may be the hardest and the most important part of the application since MBA admissions directors see countless similar profiles each year, particularly from those who come from overrepresented backgrounds or industries.

If you are interested, Personal MBA Coach provides one-time gut checks where we can review your entire application, highlight mistakes/areas to improve and provide an overall assessment as to whether you have a strong application or not.

Are you planning on applying to other schools as well? You should target 5-7 to maximize your chances of getting in. A 710 GMAT score is solid but as a younger applicant from India, business schools may want to see something a bit higher.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoah.com. Good luck!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rishabh1983 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply in R3 for Rotman and UBC, Please let me know of my chances

Indian Male
XIIth : 86.2%
Xth : 8.8 CGPA
Mathematics Hon. from Delhi University
Did Actuarial Science along with graduation and have three actuarial papers to my credit.

Work ex: 2 years of experience working for a US based Consulting MNC as Actuarial Analyst
ECA : Participated in National level table tennis championship once in school and state level rank holder twice.
did some volunteer work like helping in blind school and teaching underprivileged kids.

GMAT : 750

Hi Rishabh1983,

To begin with your evaluation, the first thing that caught my eye is your unique undergraduate background that is mathematics along with three actuarial science papers to your credit which showcases your strong quantitative abilities. Moreover, your GMAT score of 750 is an excellent score that brings to light your strong academic prowess which would allow you to target most of the top-notch B-schools.

Another key aspect of your profile is your work experience where you fall a bit short considering the fact that for an MBA program which is a managerial degree, they require at least 2.5-3 years of work experience. Nonetheless, you can still apply for the program and compensate for the lack of experience by drawing attention to the quality and intensity of your work. Here, you can differentiate yourself from the other applicants by highlighting the kind of projects you handled, the value you added to these projects, the skills you gained and the major takeaways you were able to attain throughout your work experience. Showcasing the intensity of your work experience would present your profile in competitive light and also help you differentiate yourself from the regular applicant pool.

Moving on, when it comes to penning down your extracurricular activities, you should always focus on highlighting how you went above and beyond in your endeavors and how you will be a great value addition to the school. Apart from your volunteering activities, you can also take up certain certification courses to showcase your upward mobility in building skills. Most importantly, you can highlight your participation in any clubs or associations in your college during your undergraduate studies. All these endeavours would bring our varied skills in your profile and cumulatively vouch for the budding leader within you.

Speaking of the schools that you are targeting, Rotman and UBC both fall under the Upper competitive category whereby your chances of acceptance is 60%. In addition to this, you should always hedge your bets wisely by targeting a good mix of 4-6 schools such as Schulich, Ivey, Queen, Rayson and Waterloo. Having said that, you can increase your chances of acceptance by optimizing your application (comprising your resume, LORs, and Essays) which is basically what differentiates you by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses which in your case is your rather less duration of work experience. Additionally, it also carries a 30% impact on your admission prospects which is why I would urge you to pay more attention to the same.

That said, if you are contemplating on how to draft an impactful application, you can check out our All-in-one service which is a complete end to end consulting process aimed at providing personalised application suggestions, unlimited edits and expert consultants who would constantly be there to help you throughout your application journey! This end to end consulting service also encompasses assistance for scholarship essays, loans, visas and most importantly the interview preparation.

We have helped 3500+ applicants get into the top B-schools with a 95% success rate. So what are you waiting for? Just click on the link below to find out how you could boost your chances of acceptance by at least 3X!

Below is the link to our All in One service:

Hope this helped!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi thesilentshadow,

Your profile looks decent with a good GMAT score. However, R3 is very competitive and needs a competitive profile, especially if you’re an Indian. Round 3 is a little tricky, with smaller odds of success and, the candidate needs exceptional profiles to crack it. Business schools have now packed the classroom with prospective applicants, and in R3 they are searching for candidates that can bring a spark(and difference) to the incoming cohort. Your academics are great no doubt. Your applications need to be strong to build a space in the minds of adcoms, and for that, you need to have a solid profile.

Right now, I do not see any distinguishing factor in your profile. I need to know your work-ex in more detail to understand your competence.

Your ECs are good as playing sports represents your diverse personality and can bring a spike factor to your profile. I can see a stint of leadership here with some volunteer experiences but I am still missing ‘impact’ in your profile. I am still not able to find your USPs that can set you apart in Round 3.

I'm not dismissing your chances for ROTMAN, but I'm going to need more specifics about your profile and, in particular, your work experience so that I can give you the best possible guidance.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length for Rotman and other schools that you can target now. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

thesilentshadow wrote:
Hi Team,

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
X - 86% (ICSE)

Thanks in advance!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
thesilentshadow wrote:
Hi Team,

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
X - 86% (ICSE)

Thanks in advance!

Hey thesilentshadow!

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that you have a pretty strong academic background. Your GPA of 8.2 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of VIT further aids in strengthening your profile as Rotman tends to favour candidates from top schools of each country.

Furthermore, your GMAT score of 710 is very competitive and further bolsters your profile by vouching for your quantitative aptitude and worthiness for the program.

Coming on to your work experience, you currently have 2 years and 8 months of work experience, which definitely sets you at par with the kind of competition you’d be facing while applying to Rotman. However, you should be mindful of the fact that you’d be facing tough competition from candidates with similar or even stronger profiles. Hence, it becomes imperative that you differentiate yourself from the other applicants by highlighting the unique aspects of your profile. Talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would definitely showcase the extent of your work and allow you to set yourself apart from the competition.

Further on the note of extracurriculars, you should be cognizant of the fact that top schools like Rotman seek candidates with well-rounded and holistically developed profiles. Hence, accounting for the same, it is great to see that plethora of extracurricular activities you have undertaken during your journey. Your experience of volunteering at RobinHood Army displays your socially empathetic attitude and your calibre of utilising your skills to create a positive social impact while your stint as a Board member at the Rotaract club at college vouches for your leadership and communication skills. To further build upon the same, I’d suggest you to take up certain certifications relevant to your field of interest (such as Six Sigma), which will showcase your proactiveness to learn and upskill yourself constantly.

Given your school choice, Rotman falls is a dream school which means that it has an incredibly stringent acceptance rate of 8-12% and therefore your chances of acceptance into the program are going to stand at 50%. That said, while applying to Business schools, it is never a good strategy to lay all of your eggs in one basket and you should thus hedge your bets wisely and apply to a good mix of 6-8 schools to maximise your chances of acceptance into a good MBA program. Hence, based on your profile, you should also target schools such as Ivey, Schulich, UBC, Queens, Waterloo, Ivey, Ryerson etc.

Another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. Since you wish to apply to an elite school such as Rotman, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, a strong application would not only allow you to differentiate yourself from the competition but also boost your chances of acceptance by 3x.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customised approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros, and we wholeheartedly believe that we can help you too!

Link for the All-In-One Solutions:

Hope this helped!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I'm an Indian male, age 26.

GMAT : 640 ; V34 & Q44.

Undergrad in Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) - University of Delhi ( NAAC - A+ credited college and University ).

XII : 92.5%
Bachelor's : 72.25% aggregate in all 6 semesters.

Work ex:
4 years of entrepreneur/ start-up in sustainable industry (Solar).
Extensive work experience with respect to client acquisition, market strategy and 300% year on year growth record.
Proven track record of high sales and served reputed Unicorn clients such as Zomato, DS Group, Patanjali and etc.
Good LoRs from Zomato and Patanjali and few other clients.

Demonstrated Leadership qualities all throughout my schooling to Bachelor's till running my own venture.

Internships during Bachelor's :
5 Internships in total out of which 1 was for an NGO for blood donation. Rest for market research in industries ranging from FMCG to Aviation to Logistics.

I'm looking to apply in Top Universities in Canada with the above mentioned credentials.
Also, please suggest if R3 can be a shot for those Universities.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ayush777777777,

Since you already have reached out to us by email, hope to hear your story soon! We would try to alleviate your concerns in the best possible way.

Keep your spirits high! :)

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

ayush777777777 wrote:
Hi,

I'm an Indian male, age 26.

GMAT : 640 ; V34 & Q44.

Undergrad in Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) - University of Delhi ( NAAC - A+ credited college and University ).

XII : 92.5%
Bachelor's : 72.25% aggregate in all 6 semesters.

Work ex:
4 years of entrepreneur/ start-up in sustainable industry (Solar).
Extensive work experience with respect to client acquisition, market strategy and 300% year on year growth record.
Proven track record of high sales and served reputed Unicorn clients such as Zomato, DS Group, Patanjali and etc.
Good LoRs from Zomato and Patanjali and few other clients.

Demonstrated Leadership qualities all throughout my schooling to Bachelor's till running my own venture.

Internships during Bachelor's :
5 Internships in total out of which 1 was for an NGO for blood donation. Rest for market research in industries ranging from FMCG to Aviation to Logistics.

I'm looking to apply in Top Universities in Canada with the above mentioned credentials.
Also, please suggest if R3 can be a shot for those Universities.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi please evaluate my profile for Rotman MBA (2022-2024)

I have a GMAT Score of 720 (Q49 V39 IR4)

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

I have worked for 2 clubs in my college -:

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

I have worked for 2 NGO’s as well -:

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

I have been in ZS for the past 10 months.
In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rockstar20,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your stats, your undergrad GPA is good. The average GMAT score for Rotman stands at 665, and your’s is 720, so this part is pretty sorted for you. On the work front, Rotman especially looks for how you have faced challenges. And I believe your work experience is a perfect testimonial to your resilience and innovation. You will need to show yourself as a high performing individual. Your involvement in clubs and stories related to it would add diversity to your profile.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall you have a good profile. I would like to know some major aspects of your work experience to find your USPs. The most important thing about your application is how you link the dots and provide a compelling storey to differentiate yourself from the other candidates in the pool. You will need to start early and take a couple of months just to brainstorm. We have an extensive content gathering process where we just spend hours brainstorming to set the story’s theme and narrative.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances for US Schools

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Rockstar20 wrote:

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Thanks!

Just wanted to know that my experience would only be a year at the time of applying.
Will that cause a problem?

MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi Rockstar20,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your stats, your undergrad GPA is good. The average GMAT score for Rotman stands at 665, and your’s is 720, so this part is pretty sorted for you. On the work front, Rotman especially looks for how you have faced challenges. And I believe your work experience is a perfect testimonial to your resilience and innovation. You will need to show yourself as a high performing individual. Your involvement in clubs and stories related to it would add diversity to your profile.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall you have a good profile. I would like to know some major aspects of your work experience to find your USPs. The most important thing about your application is how you link the dots and provide a compelling storey to differentiate yourself from the other candidates in the pool. You will need to start early and take a couple of months just to brainstorm. We have an extensive content gathering process where we just spend hours brainstorming to set the story’s theme and narrative.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Rockstar20 wrote:

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
No, it won't. Just show them that you had leadership experience at work or in volunteering activities.
Rockstar20 wrote:
Thanks!

Just wanted to know that my experience would only be a year at the time of applying.
Will that cause a problem?

MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi Rockstar20,

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Rockstar20 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Would love to hear thoughts on my profile

- Undergrad from the top b-school in the country - BSc (Accounting & Finance) - 3.72/4.0 CGPA
- CFA - cleared all 3 levels with >90percentile score in consecutive attempts
- 1.5 years of work experience at Unilever Finance
- 1.5 year (till date) work experience at a tech startup with great international exposure across East Africa, South Asia and Middle East. Looking to apply for the Fall 2022 intake (depending on the COVID situation, I wouldnt prefer online classes) so I'd have a 4-year work experience by then
- GMAT 750 Q50 V41 IR8 BUT AWA3.0 - super surprised by my AWA 3.0, it was probably because my essay was very short (I guess).

Reason for Rotman MBA:
- friendlier immigration laws in Canada - I'm still conflicted on applying to HBS, Wharton, Stanford, etc
- want to switch to consulting preferably in MBB
- really want to experience a top MBA journey, build a strong network and have a good time
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts