GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 01:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich Video Interview/Essay

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schulich Video Interview/Essay  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 22:51
I am looking to take one soon, wanted to get some feedback from others.
How did you find the video questions ? Relaxing or should I stress about it?
How much time do we receive to respond on the timed essay?
Is it possible to submit an application first and then do the video essay?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Schulich Video Interview/Essay  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 00:11
essprsodose

The video questions were not very complex. You generally will get behavioral questions such as, what would you do if you are faced with a particular XYZ situation in office, how would you chose your group members as a leader etc.

You need not stress about it. My advise to you would be: after listening to the video question, take a deep breath, understand each word of the question, in your mind frame an answer that attends to all the aspects of the video essay question. It is important that you tackle each part of the essay question. For eg: If there is a question, which asks 'How would you chose your team members and why', then ensure that you have answered the 'How' as well as the 'why'. Plan your response so that you get time to answer both, the 'How' and 'why'.

If I recollect rightly, you get 30 seconds after you hear the question to form an answer and speak in front of the camera. While I agree that during such anxious moments 30 seconds are too less, 30 seconds are long enough to gather your thoughts and may be scribble couple of words in your notepad. Be rest assured that the text of the video question will still be flashing on the screen all throughout your video interview.

As regards your last question: No. Your video essay is a part of your MBA application and your application is deemed to be incomplete until you have completed every section of the application, which includes your video essay.

Trust I have cleared your queries.

Regards,
PK
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 07:50
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

The video questions were not very complex. You generally will get behavioral questions such as, what would you do if you are faced with a particular XYZ situation in office, how would you chose your group members as a leader etc.

You need not stress about it. My advise to you would be: after listening to the video question, take a deep breath, understand each word of the question, in your mind frame an answer that attends to all the aspects of the video essay question. It is important that you tackle each part of the essay question. For eg: If there is a question, which asks 'How would you chose your team members and why', then ensure that you have answered the 'How' as well as the 'why'. Plan your response so that you get time to answer both, the 'How' and 'why'.

If I recollect rightly, you get 30 seconds after you hear the question to form an answer and speak in front of the camera. While I agree that during such anxious moments 30 seconds are too less, 30 seconds are long enough to gather your thoughts and may be scribble couple of words in your notepad. Be rest assured that the text of the video question will still be flashing on the screen all throughout your video interview.

As regards your last question: No. Your video essay is a part of your MBA application and your application is deemed to be incomplete until you have completed every section of the application, which includes your video essay.

Regards,
PK

Thank you, sounds assuring! What about timed written component, how long does that one take?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 08:07
essprsodose wrote:
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

Regards,
PK

Thank you, sounds assuring! What about timed written component, how long does that one take?

I guess you get a total of 5 minutes for the timed written response.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V30
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 20:59
Gimme an e-mail at krrishthanvi@gmail.com

I'll help you out with proper questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 12:17
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose wrote:
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

Regards,
PK

I guess you get a total of 5 minutes for the timed written response.

Thank you so much for response! One more question, when we fill in reference forms, is it necessary to submit the application for referees to receive the email with reference link? or referees will receive the link the moment you add their information without actually submitting the application ?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich Video Interview/Essay &nbs [#permalink] 07 Mar 2018, 12:17

Schulich Video Interview/Essay

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap