GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I give 4th attempt of GMAT?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Should I give 4th attempt of GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2019, 11:45
HELLO,

I am 21 years old Indian female. I completed my Bachelors in Business Administration(3 yrs) with overall 70% from Punjab University(India) in May 2018. Currently, I'm working as a Assistant Marketing Manager in my family Business.I want to do Masters in Management in Canada. But the universities ask for 4 year degree, so I will be doing my graduate certificate course for one year in winter intake 2020 in Canada so as to fulfill the requirement.The following is the GMAT record.
1st attempt( SEPTEMBER 2018) - 520 (cancelled)
2nd attempt( JANUARY 2019) - 500 V15 Q46 ( I was disappointed but was also motivated to score better next time so didn't cancel)
3rd attempt( JUNE 2019) - 630 V26 Q49 ( I am concerned about my verbal score)

So, Is there any need to give another attempt considering my lower verbal score and overall score as well.

The following are my target Bschools for MiM.

University of British Columbia
HEC Montreal
York University
Queens University
Western University

My next question what else to do during my one year graduate course in Canada to improve my chances.

I am really confused about GMAT . Your help will be really appreciated. Looking forward for your reply.
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Should I give 4th attempt of GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2019, 11:41
Hi harshsaini,

Thank you for your post. Although I work with applicants on a variety of business-related masters, my primary area of expertise is MBA programs. For that reason, if you are seeking nuanced advice related to Canadian MiM programs, I would encourage you to contact firms that specialize in that area, as they would be able to give you the most nuanced and helpful advice. Here are a few thoughts nevertheless:

Observationally, given how crowded and competitive the Indian applicant pool is, I would encourage you to target a GMAT score that is "over and above" each school's class average, which will likely require that you boost your Verbal score. If you are heading to Canada for a year before the MiM, you might want to delay retaking the GMAT until you've spent some time there, during which time you can devote yourself to training and improving in Verbal. (Be sure to stay sharp in Quant as well; if you can maintain the Q49 and boost your Verbal, you'll have a nice score.)

During that year, you might also consider what other areas would be helpful for you to improve or gain experience in prior to the MiM. This could include areas you're currently lacking, or where you want to build relationships, networks, or professional experience with an eye toward your post-MiM goals. Also consider new leadership experiences and community experiences, plus opportunities to meet new people and step outside your comfort zone. All of this will accrue toward the quality of your MiM applications and professional prospects thereafter. I wish you the best of luck!

Kind Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I give 4th attempt of GMAT?   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2019, 11:41

Should I give 4th attempt of GMAT?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep