It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 01:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I quit the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Should I quit the GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 05:17
Hi guys,
As you'll tell by my wirtting, I am NOT a native English speaker :). I've been studying for the GMAT now 5 months (1.5 hours each day). I finish the Kaplan GMAT Book (reading and practicing). I would like to hear some suggestions from you guy about:
Should I buy the Manhattan books or Kaplan book is enough?
Should I stop reading the theory about the GMAT and start practicing? the highest CAT I've taken is 470 ( Last month Q41)
I don't feel comfortable taking the test soon so I am thinking to extend my study plan three or four months because I am struggling with the Verble section.
I'd like to tell you my target score is around 600.
Please tell me anything (I am sad, am alone:) )

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
Re: Should I quit the GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 05:23
mohd_int wrote:
Hi guys,
As you'll tell by my wirtting, I am NOT a native English speaker :). I've been studying for the GMAT now 5 months (1.5 hours each day). I finish the Kaplan GMAT Book (reading and practicing). I would like to hear some suggestions from you guy about:
Should I stop reading the theory about the GMAT and start practicing? the highest CAT I've taken is 470 ( Last month Q41)
I don't feel comfortable taking the test soon so I am thinking to extend my study plan three or four months because I am struggling with the Verble section.

Thanks

Buddy, to quit or not is entirely up to you. Oftentimes, we ignore the fact that the night is darkest before the dawn !! Work on your basics and go one step at a time. Seek help from a professional tutor if it possible.

" The few , the fearless "

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 05:33
spetznaz wrote:
mohd_int wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Buddy, to quit or not is entirely up to you. Oftentimes, we ignore the fact that the night is darkest before the dawn !! Work on your basics and go one step at a time. Seek help from a professional tutor if it possible.

Well thanks Spetznaz. So what do you think about my case. Is there a hope? what should I do next? who the professional tutor you are talking about?
D
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 08:22
mohd_int wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Hi mohd_int,

As you said you have been studying EVERYDAY for 5 months, then you at least have the best skill required to succeed in the GMAT i.e. dedication/discipline.

Now all you need is to Organize your studies better. Do planning and prioritization. Do what is required first. I know you'd ask how and what. please check this post of mine for the elaboration of what i said:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/need-guidanc ... l#p1972369

If you have other priorities in life and GMAT comes later then only quit else keep going so as to make the 5 months effort count and not let it waste.

If you are left with any other specific question then please post.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 08:29
This post received
KUDOS
I have been studying GMAT for 3 years and last year my score was 550. Now my latest practice test's score is 640. But I am not quieting until I score 700+, no matter how many years i need.

We Shall Overcome... One day...

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 11:25
Hi Mohammed,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
2) On what dates did you take your CATs? Did you take the FULL CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) each time?

Goals:
3) What is your exact goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Should I quit the GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 12:38
mohd_int wrote:

We can probably help you, but we'll need some information from you. What's the sign of struggle with Verbal? Are you grappling with certain concepts? You need to elaborate.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 08:59
mohd_int wrote:
spetznaz wrote:
mohd_int wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Well thanks Spetznaz. So what do you think about my case. Is there a hope? what should I do next? who the professional tutor you are talking about?

Oh yes hope is a good thing ! Well on what to do next - 1) identify your weak area 2) Build your core skills 3) Graded practice 4) Analyze . Refer the reviews section to know about tutors. All the best !!!!

" The few , the fearless "

Re: Should I quit the GMAT   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2018, 08:59

Should I quit the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Math Revolution - Free Free Diagnostic Quant Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL - Free Video Course A complete on-demand GMAT course
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap