GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 23:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Smeal ($$$) v. Kelley ($) v. Ross (waitlist pending)

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 20% [2]
  • 40% [4]
  • 0% [0]
  • 40% [4]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
GPA: 3.4
Smeal ($$$) v. Kelley ($) v. Ross (waitlist pending)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 09:21
I have a consulting background. I am interested in doing CPG/retail brand management post-graduation. I have no geographical preference for MBA or post-graduation. Long-term, I would like to pursue international retail/luxury brand management.

I received a Smeal Fellow scholarship which is a full-ride plus a monthly stipend for two years. IU Kelley is 1/2 tuition Forte Fellow. Waitlisted without interview at Michigan Ross. Pending interview in early January at UNC (final decision release at the end of January).

I feel pretty certain that I was waitlisted at Ross because of my low GRE/GMAT score (below their 80% range) and I also did not visit campus/Ann Arbor. I was waitlisted without an interview in R1. Would it be worth it to continue studying for the GRE with hopes of doing better on it in February so I can submit the updated scores for consideration to get off the waitlist during R2 decisions? In addition, what are the odds of getting off the waitlist? And even if I do get accepted, what are the chances that I would receive any merit-based scholarships? If not, would it be worth it attend Ross at sticker price versus attending a 'lower ranked school' which is offering me a significant amount of merit-based scholarships?
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Smeal ($$$) v. Kelley ($) v. Ross (waitlist pending)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 14:24
URspiders13 wrote:
I have a consulting background. I am interested in doing CPG/retail brand management post-graduation. I have no geographical preference for MBA or post-graduation. Long-term, I would like to pursue international retail/luxury brand management.

I received a Smeal Fellow scholarship which is a full-ride plus a monthly stipend for two years. IU Kelley is 1/2 tuition Forte Fellow. Waitlisted without interview at Michigan Ross. Pending interview in early January at UNC (final decision release at the end of January).

I feel pretty certain that I was waitlisted at Ross because of my low GRE/GMAT score (below their 80% range) and I also did not visit campus/Ann Arbor. I was waitlisted without an interview in R1. Would it be worth it to continue studying for the GRE with hopes of doing better on it in February so I can submit the updated scores for consideration to get off the waitlist during R2 decisions? In addition, what are the odds of getting off the waitlist? And even if I do get accepted, what are the chances that I would receive any merit-based scholarships? If not, would it be worth it attend Ross at sticker price versus attending a 'lower ranked school' which is offering me a significant amount of merit-based scholarships?

You can give the GMAT a try before the decision. Many schools accept updated score after submitting the score. You can check also with Ross directly. Meanwhile, I advocate taking Kelley offer as better ranking school with ample opportunity in CPG in Midwest with half the tuition is better. The marketing academy is a plus with a lot of supported electives.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 15:02
You can be happy in the lower ranked MBA program as long as you are ok to do your own job hunting and less of a brand recognition, pride, etc. there are issues in both high and low ranked schools, just more of them in lower ranked programs but you are getting paid $100k for dealing with a number of bumps.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:43
URspiders13 wrote:

Congrats for your great results. Does Smeal mention any amount about the monthly stipend?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Smeal ($$$) v. Kelley ($) v. Ross (waitlist pending) &nbs [#permalink] 07 Jan 2018, 21:43

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap