Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: SOS: 30 days to GMAT, help needed for Verbal [#permalink]
Don't overdo mocks, in quant after every mock take time to analyse ur wk areas, mind u this is v imp and not done by most mock takers, third always practice in timed environment, buy a course like optimus prep for quant if u wan to do it, it did wonders for me and I improved quant from 46 to 50 in couple months
Verbal- Again practice, improve time in RC, CR- VV imp to identify conclusion in few seconds after reading stem for each question, learn that and master it, CR Bible first learn few basics chaperts then move to main 5 types of ques then read others if time permits

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manishcfc8 wrote:
I have been preparing for close to a month, and have my test scheduled for 23rd of December.
Gave my first GMATPrep mock last week, 660 V50 Q30.
Have subscribed to the GMATClub tests for my quants and have been maintaining 48-49.

I am more concerned about my Verbal section now, specially CR and RC.
Sentence Correction I have managed to get a hold of, using materials like MGMAT SC, videos by GMATNinja on youtube, and the OG Guide.Have an above 80% accuracy in this section. So, I think with sustained efforts, I can atleast stay at this level.

Critical reasoning: I am extremely poor at this I feel. And this is due to both timing and accuracy issues. I take more than 2mins for every question, and even after spending so much time, my accuracy is below 50%. Initially I used the MGMAT CR book, and even after trying to attempt its methodology, I have seen no improvements. So, I switched to CR Bible believing the MGMAT book isnt the best for me. It has been two days now, and I have covered just two types of question from the CR Bible book, and I am still not able to get a grasp on both my timing and accuracy.
I now have just a month left and am starting to panic. I know I have just enough time to improve on this, but I dont want to spend another day without any improvement.

Reading comprehension: I am reading enough everyday and will be continuing on this. Some tips here would be useful too.

Can experts here help me manage the remaining 30 days efficiently by suggesting some ways here? This forum has helped me a lot already and hope it could be the same here.

Target Score: 730, for which I will need to touch V38/39.
Quants I am hopeful of maintaining at 50. I understand 50 to 51 is too big a step, and I wont be disappointed at not achieving it.

Material used:
SC: MGAT SC, GMATNinja video sessions on youtube, OG
CR: CR Bible

hi,

Hope you are looking at your quant score what you have written your quant score is quite less,my suggestion would be also to master the concepts of OG. There is no substitute to OG when it comes to learning things.

Regards
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Manishcfc8,

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores; since you've beens studying for just one month, you should not expect to have mastered anything just yet. By extension, you might improve simply by continuing to practice. That having been said, before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) For this first CAT, did you take the ENTIRE CAT (with the Essay and IR sections)?
2) What is your exact Official Test Date?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
4) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot