Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.84
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
yepgirlnope wrote:
dcr wrote:
KatJ wrote:
Hello everyone, this question is mainly for R1 applicants who were invited to interview (though I know you all might not be reading this thread anymore): when did most people receive interview invites in relation to the invite time frame opening? The R2 interview invites will begin to go out next week, but I am wondering what the volume of invites looked like throughout the invite window in R1. Were most of the invites sent in the first few days? Later in the first week? Even spread across the entire invite time frame? Any regional patterns? I know that in the end it doesn't really matter, but I am hoping that most of the invites go out in the first week so that I can simply assume "no" and move on if I do not get an interview invite in the first week. This would be better than an entire month of constant email checking :)

KatJ - I am interested to know as well (although I think sometimes this knowledge causes more anxiety!).

The Stanford GSB threadmaster should be able to share the stats when people changed their status to 'invited' rather than 'submitted'.

Can we please see a graph? :)

Hi guys. I can't say for sure but I think the invites were pretty spread out throughout the window. I do not think there is any pattern (like by region, industry, etc.). I think the timing has more to do with 1. when your app gets read, and 2. the availability of your interviewer. Stanford will match you with a person who lives near you to interview with. When you get the interview invite, you have 7 days to complete the interview, so the timing of when you get the invite probably depends in part on what your interviewer's availability is. I received my invitation to interview only 2 days before the last day of the window.

Thanks so much for the info! Congrats on all your acceptances! I also saw that someone posted a graph showing R1 interview invites that confirms what you said about invites being pretty spread out across the invite window. I guess it's going to be a long month of constant email checking. :?
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Guys, Stanford has been releasing interview invitations since Monday. If you have received one - congratulations! Please also update your profile so that we can keep track of the stats.

We will also start posting some tips on interviews if we find any. If you have any of these, do not hesitate to share with us :-)

Best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
It's so quiet... After the mini-wave of invites on the first day, haven't heard any news. Does anyone know of invitations extended since Monday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.84
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
commanderkeen wrote:
It's so quiet... After the mini-wave of invites on the first day, haven't heard any news. Does anyone know of invitations extended since Monday?

According to the table at the top of this thread with updates, it looks like 3 people were invited to interview on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday, for 6 total so far (reported to GMAT Club). The graph posted showing interview invites throughout the window for R1 showed that about 17 people received interview invites (reported to GMAT Club) in R1 and that the invites were quite spread out throughout the window. I think we can anticipate 8 - 11 more invites if the R1 sample was representative.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.9
WE:Human Resources (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
KatJ wrote:
commanderkeen wrote:
It's so quiet... After the mini-wave of invites on the first day, haven't heard any news. Does anyone know
of invitations extended since Monday?

According to the table at the top of this thread with updates, it looks like 3 people were invited to interview on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday, for 6 total so far (reported to GMAT Club). The graph posted showing interview invites throughout the window for R1 showed that about 17 people received interview invites (reported to GMAT Club) in R1 and that the invites were quite spread out throughout the window. I think we can anticipate 8 - 11 more invites if the R1 sample was representative.

Good analysis... Ah the long wait is tiring :(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone knows if a person who is denied will know it only on march?

I ask because my status at the Stanford MBA Program Application keeps "application currently under review". Does it mean they still don't have an answer about my application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
rfmairol
Not sure if you received this email from Stanford but they did send this to all who applied. Please note the dates mentioned below the Admission Process Dates.

--------------
Thank you again for applying to the Stanford MBA Program. We know you made a significant investment in your application; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding.

The days and months after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates
8 January 2014: Round 2 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications, and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

3 February through 4 March 2014: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend invitations daily for interview via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview between 800 and 1,000 applicants this application year.

No invitations will be sent before 3 February or after 4 March. We expect the majority of invitations to go out by 25 February. If you have not received an interview invitation by 4 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

4 March 2014: Application Status Update
On March 4, you can log in to Apply Yourself for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 26 March. On 26 March you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.

26 March 2014: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available in Apply Yourself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nb2987 wrote:
rfmairol
Not sure if you received this email from Stanford but they did send this to all who applied. Please note the dates mentioned below the Admission Process Dates.

--------------
Thank you again for applying to the Stanford MBA Program. We know you made a significant investment in your application; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding.

The days and months after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates
8 January 2014: Round 2 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications, and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

3 February through 4 March 2014: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend invitations daily for interview via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview between 800 and 1,000 applicants this application year.

No invitations will be sent before 3 February or after 4 March. We expect the majority of invitations to go out by 25 February. If you have not received an interview invitation by 4 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

4 March 2014: Application Status Update
On March 4, you can log in to Apply Yourself for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 26 March. On 26 March you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.

26 March 2014: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available in Apply Yourself.

Thanks! I guess march 3rd is the deadline then... If we don't receive the invitation until there, it means on march 4th we won't have good news...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
KatJ wrote:
commanderkeen wrote:

Ah, but the table on page 1 of this thread shows that 52 out of 415 got invited in R1 (about 12.5%). If the same percentage of applicants in R2 get invites (out of a total of 221) that would mean a total of about 27 or 28 people.

Either way, significantly more invites are due than have already been sent (which is kind of logical given it is the early stage of the round).

The wait is definitely the worst bit...

Originally posted by dcr on 06 Feb 2014, 13:19.
Last edited by dcr on 07 Feb 2014, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
If we are fortunate to get an invite for interview, do you know how quickly we have to arrange it ? Would it be within a week of the email or something like that ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
fusilero wrote:
If we are fortunate to get an invite for interview, do you know how quickly we have to arrange it ? Would it be within a week of the email or something like that ?

I think we have 7 days after interview invitation to arrange for the interviews...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
fusilero wrote:

They ask that you complete the interview within 10 days of receiving the invitation. The instructions indicate that they can and will be flexible to accommodate travel needs, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Anyone else get the "Update" email? What a tease. LOL
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
keefriffhard wrote:

To be fair to them they did mention it was not applicant specific in the first paragraph haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
keefriffhard wrote:

heart stopped for a split second...nice update tho
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
tdawg wrote:
keefriffhard wrote:

heart stopped for a split second...nice update tho

Haha, same feeling! I guess they must have started getting harassed by anxious applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,
If one does not receive an invite for interview in round 2 , is there a chance that the candidate may be invited in round 3?? Can anyone plz tell ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts