Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.24
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.72
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
futurebostonmba wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Just got an update and I was WL again without interview. This is the 2nd year in a row and last year I was on the WL until the summer when they filled the class. I am at a loss as to what to do now. Just thought I would give the update.

Sorry to hear that. You seem to have a few other schools to hear back from so best of luck.

I'm just wondering how this all works, been recently asked to provide more information on my work experience (I submitted in R1) - does this mean the adcom is currently reviewing my application and wants to know more or simply that the team is collating my file for the committee and want a complete file? I submitted a detailed resume with my application so presumably the school's read that and still wants more information?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
knowh0w wrote:
futurebostonmba wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Just got an update and I was WL again without interview. This is the 2nd year in a row and last year I was on the WL until the summer when they filled the class. I am at a loss as to what to do now. Just thought I would give the update.

Sorry to hear that. You seem to have a few other schools to hear back from so best of luck.

I'm just wondering how this all works, been recently asked to provide more information on my work experience (I submitted in R1) - does this mean the adcom is currently reviewing my application and wants to know more or simply that the team is collating my file for the committee and want a complete file? I submitted a detailed resume with my application so presumably the school's read that and still wants more information?

For Stern, you should have uploaded a table with your work history, including years, promotions , etc.. if you didn't - maybe that's why they wanted more info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.72
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
dormor wrote:
knowh0w wrote:
futurebostonmba wrote:
Hey Everyone,

For Stern, you should have uploaded a table with your work history, including years, promotions , etc.. if you didn't - maybe that's why they wanted more info.

Ah! Thanks a lot - that makes much more sense!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Invited to interview and attend the Stern Women In Business conference (didn't apply but was invited). Anyone else going or have any insights into these types of interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBAlabama2014 wrote:
Invited to interview and attend the Stern Women In Business conference (didn't apply but was invited). Anyone else going or have aninsights into these types of interview invites?

Hi!Congrats! Im not sure if you understood it right,but u dont have to interview during Women Conf,it's just an offer.For example,i chose to go to a regular interview b/c regular interviews are held in December, and the conf is only in February.So hopefully i will know about their decision b/f the deadline for R2 for most schools and will either apply or not apply to other schools inR2. Just wanted to make sure that u understood it right! Thanks and good luck with yr interview!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
ekv2 wrote:
MBAlabama2014 wrote:
Invited to interview and attend the Stern Women In Business conference (didn't apply but was invited). Anyone else going or have aninsights into these types of interview invites?

Hi!Congrats! Im not sure if you understood it right,but u dont have to interview during Women Conf,it's just an offer.For example,i chose to go to a regular interview b/c regular interviews are held in December, and the conf is only in February.So hopefully i will know about their decision b/f the deadline for R2 for most schools and will either apply or not apply to other schools inR2. Just wanted to make sure that u understood it right! Thanks and good luck with yr interview!

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah, I saw that there was an option to interview regularly, but hoping that getting my name out there will be good for networking/admissions. Good luck to you too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
To all fellow International applicants:

Stern will conduct offsite interviews for International applicants in China, India and UK, possibly around March for candidates who are unable to travel to New York; and they will bunch R1 and R2 applicants together for the same. Hence it makes sense that candidates located in the US will get invites first, and International candidates will get their invites later.

Source: Official website on Admissions process, Interview section
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone who is applying to a dual degree program heard back? It's unclear if they will use the same Dec 15 initial notification since the dual application portion is due Dec 15.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Waitlisted without interview...

meaganvw wrote:
Has anyone who is applying to a dual degree program heard back? It's unclear if they will use the same Dec 15 initial notification since the dual application portion is due Dec 15.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Ronin7 wrote:

Stern will conduct offsite interviews for International applicants in China, India and UK, possibly around March for candidates who are unable to travel to New York; and they will bunch R1 and R2 applicants together for the same. Hence it makes sense that candidates located in the US will get invites first, and International candidates will get their invites later.

Hey Ronin7,

That makes things a little clear- though I can't say I'm mighty pleased about it. However, I'm still hoping that by 15th December at least we would know if there will eventually be an interview to look forward to, since that's the last day for update as per their timelines.

Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
divsi wrote:
Ronin7 wrote:

Hey Ronin7,

That makes things a little clear- though I can't say I'm mighty pleased about it. However, I'm still hoping that by 15th December at least we would know if there will eventually be an interview to look forward to, since that's the last day for update as per their timelines.

Fingers crossed!

Hi Divsi,

By Dec 15 they would definitely provide a status update to everyone: Declined without interview, waitlisted without interview or invited to interview. If you get invited to interview you'll have to wait until March for an offsite interview, unless you want an onsite interview in New York, in which case you'll get to interview earlier than March. Hope this clarifies!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
My first invite! Been lurking here a while, so decided to share my timeline if it helps anyone:

Submitted 10/13
Password 10/17
Invite 11/27

Female, international passport, but living in the US (South).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Ronin7 wrote:

Thanks for quoting. I checked the site and saw it there. But I'm pretty sure that it wasn't there a couple of months ago when I was submitting my application. Right?

It really doesn't make sense to apply early if they bunch the international candidates and interview them together in March. Really throws a spanner in my works. :x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
xyzzy wrote:
Ronin7 wrote:

Thanks for quoting. I checked the site and saw it there. But I'm pretty sure that it wasn't there a couple of months ago when I was submitting my application. Right?

It really doesn't make sense to apply early if they bunch the international candidates and interview them together in March. Really throws a spanner in my works. :x

hey. Have u received a response from Stern. Any updates on your interview front?Are you from india. I see that u applied to ISB and got in.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
hey. Have u received a response from Stern. Any updates on your interview front?Are you from india. I see that u applied to ISB and got in.

No response yet. And yes, I'm from India.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Cox '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
no response yet..! it's killing me !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Just wanted to update I was invited to interview, so keep hanging in there!
International here, they give 2 options: NYC based until 19DEC (when they go on break)
Or UK/India/China - In March. I decided to wait until march.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts