It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 00:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

suit for interview

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:22
Sounds good! Or better yet go with what you look the best in! Just think of how good a black male might look in a beige suit and how stupid an English/Irish guy like myself would look in that same suit!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:23
Mark4124 wrote:
Sounds good! Or better yet go with what you look the best in! Just think of how good a black male might look in a beige suit and how stupid an English/Irish guy like myself would look in that same suit!

I never pictured you as irish.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:28
Have you guys ever debated about going with the contacts or the glasses? I have chunky, black glasses (similar to the ones in rhyme's avatar) and I've often debated with myself what to wear to interviews. If I had more conventional and conservative glasses then it obviously wouldn't matter. But I've gone with the glasses everytime.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:32
Phooey wrote:
Have you guys ever debated about going with the contacts or the glasses? I have chunky, black glasses (similar to the ones in rhyme's avatar) and I've often debated with myself what to wear to interviews. If I had more conventional and conservative glasses then it obviously wouldn't matter. But I've gone with the glasses everytime.

I would go with whichever makes you look more attractive. Some people look better with glasses, but most don't, depends on your face.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:34
Phooey wrote:

Are you a cute blond female too ? :)

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:43
I got LASIK about 5 yrs ago. Dry eye sucks though! :)

SVP
SVP

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:44
Mark4124 wrote:
I got LASIK about 5 yrs ago. Dry eye sucks though! :)

Recommend LASIK or no?

Intern
Intern

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:49
rhyme wrote:
Phooey wrote:

Are you a cute blond female too ? :)

That's a negative. Sorry to disappoint you! But she does look promising based on the upper half of her face doesn't she.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:52
Phooey, if that's you in your avatar, maybe the glasses would help cover up the gash next to your eye.

With regard to pleats, I think they look normal as part of a suit, but in general I think of pleats the way I think of elastic waist bands.

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:55
Phooey wrote:

I always go with glasses. Without them I tend to give off the jock-vibe. But my glasses are fairly stylish.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 07:58
Pleats serve a function to alleviate "extra" size when sitting. If you're fat you may need it. It also gives the illusion of size, so it's good for rail thin people.

Otherwise, I would go non pleats, it's cleaner, modern and youthful.

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 08:03
Its a mixed bag with LASIK... My brother had a great experience and no dry eye. I have bad dry eye and have to put gel in my eyes before I go to sleep. Its annoying. My mom is convinced I didn't heal properly as I didn't come home and go to sleep after surgery but rather hooked up with some girl who wanted to nail me at the time.

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 08:06
Irish enough Ryme?
Attachments

oHAyfLwI6qGJzUKL5sMiOG9S5Ehi.jpg
oHAyfLwI6qGJzUKL5sMiOG9S5Ehi.jpg [ 8.27 KiB | Viewed 977 times ]

Manager
Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 08:15
One thing that bothers me is the blue shirt with the white collar and cuffs (aka the banker shirt). I would imagine that look would come off as very stuffy in a college interview.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 08:17
Mark4124 wrote:
Its a mixed bag with LASIK... My brother had a great experience and no dry eye. I have bad dry eye and have to put gel in my eyes before I go to sleep. Its annoying. My mom is convinced I didn't heal properly as I didn't come home and go to sleep after surgery but rather hooked up with some girl who wanted to nail me at the time.

See that scares me a bit.. I've wanted to do LASIK but stories like that bug me.

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 08:26
I don't know if the technology is better these days... allot of that medical stuff, particularly laser surgeries, seems to be improving at lightening fast rates. But of course it still may just come down to the individual. Medical experiences are highly individual and no matter what statistics might say you are going to find non-mean experiences all over the place.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 6

Schools: NYU Stern 2009
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 09:04
typicalgmatter wrote:
One thing that bothers me is the blue shirt with the white collar and cuffs (aka the banker shirt). I would imagine that look would come off as very stuffy in a college interview.

Hmm. You see, I would consider that a lawyer's shirt. Or a wordthatbreaksgmatclub-wits shirt.

I actually took the p!ss out of a guy at work for wearing one of those so much that I have never seen it again. I feel like I helped him.

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 6

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 09:08
I have the Trump version of that shirt ^^^... Its a bit much, but thats fun! You can rag on me all you like, I'm not a whimp and I'll just wear it all the more.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 09:09
3underscore wrote:
typicalgmatter wrote:

Hmm. You see, I would consider that a lawyer's shirt. Or a wordthatbreaksgmatclub-wits shirt.

I actually took the p!ss out of a guy at work for wearing one of those so much that I have never seen it again. I feel like I helped him.

Wow, a lot of anger for a shirt. That shirt/style is popular in my field, and I did wear it to the admission interview. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Some of you guys are coming off as a bit ghey in this thread.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2007, 09:12
I got Lasik about 6 months ago and am very pleased. I would recommend it to anyone, especially now that they individually map your eye prior to surgery.

[#permalink] 09 Mar 2007, 09:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 189 posts ]