GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 11:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Taking additional courses to improve quant background

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GMAT 2: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.52
Taking additional courses to improve quant background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 10:33
Hello!

I am currently planning on how best to improve my MBA candidacy and have identified my quantitative background as being a major weakness in my application - both on the GMAT and in my transcripts (was a humanities/social science major).

My question today is in regards to the latter. I would like to re-take Calculus and Statistics, but am unsure whether the ranking/reputation/etc. of the school at which I take these courses will matter to business school admissions committees. I am currently looking at a community college and a major university in my city. There are obviously cost inefficiencies with going the community college route, but I don't want that to be a hindrance if the other option is more well-known or respected.

Of course, I will aim to perform well in the courses regardless of where I take them, but I wasn't sure if you had an opinion on to whether factors outside of grades are things I should even be considering.

Thanks so much!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Taking additional courses to improve quant background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 18:07
Performance on the GMAT particularly on the quant side is the best way to demonstrate quant proficiency. However, additional coursework can helpful. One it can show some proficiency and two it shows determination and effort to address a potential concern. The more similar the class you take to an MBA classroom the better here. But do what makes sense here, community college classes are fine, you don't need to take your classes at the expensive private school in your area if it is out of your price range. What is more important is make sure you secure an A in your classes. I would avoid online classes but an in person class should be fine wherever you take it.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Taking additional courses to improve quant background

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap