It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:34
rs180216 wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I didn't get the e-mail. It's either good news or bad news, I suppose, but we'll know the answer soon enough!

this is how stomach ulcers are born

Tepper doesn't usually reject waitlisted candidates until the last round (which is the June 10 deadline, I think). So I think this probably is good news for you guys... now I guess for those whose links are still there...we're probably screwed.

they may be updating our links to reflect the next deadline while all of yours might change. no way of knowing yet i'm still nervous as hell so don't feel screwed it may work out that it is just some glitch[/quote]

Haha. In my experience, recommenders disappearing, links disappearing etc., have all usually led to good news.... but yeah...let's wait and see.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:38
So people who didn't get the email don't have the link anymore, but people who got the email have the Decision available link.. Hmmm. Well! I'm pretty sure its a ding for me.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tepper '16 (WA)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:44
zirconium wrote:
So people who didn't get the email don't have the link anymore, but people who got the email have the Decision available link.. Hmmm. Well! I'm pretty sure its a ding for me.

from reading old years threads and from what i think aditya said, they don't reject waitlisted people until the very last round and there's no guarantees that it is working this way it was just a curious happening

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:49
rs180216 wrote:
zirconium wrote:

from reading old years threads and from what i think aditya said, they don't reject waitlisted people until the very last round and there's no guarantees that it is working this way it was just a curious happening

Yeah. I think so too. But then this time it seems to be different. They asked us to disregard the mail that they'd sent about us sending updates in the Round 4 timeframe to be considered for the June 10th deadline. In that email, they clearly say:

Quote:
We are currently in the final stages of reviewing your application with our Round 3 candidates. You will receive an email tomorrow, Thursday, May 15, 2014, when your Round 3 decision is ready to be viewed.

So I'm pretty sure its a Yes/No for everyone. And based on the fact that my link hasn't disappeared, I'm pretty sure its a negative for me.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:54
My link disappeared too. Id love to get a yes/no and get over with it. Have already submitted deposit at a different school but willing to let that go if I get a yes here...

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 11:58
komodojo wrote:
My link disappeared too. Id love to get a yes/no and get over with it. Have already submitted deposit at a different school but willing to let that go if I get a yes here...

did you get the email from them a few days ago about round 4 deadlines for waitlist?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 12:07
Nope. No email.

Current Student

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 12:16
komodojo wrote:
Nope. No email.

Ok then. There definitely seems to be two groups here. So I guess one of us remains on the waitlist, the other is accepted! :( Anyway, it's really late here. Will wake up to whatever news it is...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 12:19
aditya988 wrote:
komodojo wrote:
Nope. No email.

Ok then. There definitely seems to be two groups here. So I guess one of us remains on the waitlist, the other is accepted! :( Anyway, it's really late here. Will wake up to whatever news it is...

it's about an hour and a half until the time they released the info in March. get some rest and wake up to the news regardless of what it is. if you wait, you'll either be too excited or disappointed to get good rest, it is best to sleep now.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 12:27
Or some of people in the other group might get rejected. ..

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

Ok then. There definitely seems to be two groups here. So I guess one of us remains on the waitlist, the other is accepted! :( Anyway, it's really late here. Will wake up to whatever news it is...[/quote]

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 12:59
Decision link disappeared.

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED Submitted Icon
PRINT VOUCHER
Submitted Date: 10/8/2013 1:14:00 AM EST
YOUR DECISION IS NOW READY TO BE VIEWED. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW YOUR DECISION
RECOMMENDATION PROVIDERS:

<List of Recommenders>

I belong to the pool that got the Round4 email

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 78

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 13:09
Like many others, I am in the R2 WL pool that received the Round 4 email. My original decision link is also gone, but what's interesting is that this new link popped up on the left menu bar, one for "Marc & Sally Onetto Graduate Fellowship." I don't recall that being there before. It says "You are being presented with this section because you indicated your citizenship as a country in the European Union." Strange, because I don't see anywhere in my application where I indicated EU.

Anyway, I'm sure this is just another glitch thing and we'll all have answers very shortly here. Good luck to all!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 13:25
K7 wrote:
Like many others, I am in the R2 WL pool that received the Round 4 email. My original decision link is also gone, but what's interesting is that this new link popped up on the left menu bar, one for "Marc & Sally Onetto Graduate Fellowship." I don't recall that being there before. It says "You are being presented with this section because you indicated your citizenship as a country in the European Union." Strange, because I don't see anywhere in my application where I indicated EU.

Anyway, I'm sure this is just another glitch thing and we'll all have answers very shortly here. Good luck to all!

i have that there as well but i thought that one has been there but i'm not 100% sure. when did you notice the link disappear? i saw you post a few days ago that nothing had changed so i'm just curious when the change happened

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 13:31
rs180216 wrote:
K7 wrote:

i have that there as well but i thought that one has been there but i'm not 100% sure. when did you notice the link disappear? i saw you post a few days ago that nothing had changed so i'm just curious when the change happened

I think my link disappeared today. I logged in for the first time today maybe 30 minutes ago and noticed I had nothing to click anymore. I had been logging in maybe once a day since I last posted, and I believe the link was still there. Maybe this is just what happens on decision day(s). I've given up on analyzing links appearing or disappearing. In a very short time here, what will be will be. 8-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 301 [0], given: 145

Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:31
It's been an hour since the last post...

C'mon Tepper, the suspense is killing me!

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Kudos [?]: 301 [0], given: 145

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:31
farful wrote:
It's been an hour since the last post...

C'mon Tepper, the suspense is killing me!

i know! where is that email?! anyone seen it go this late before?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.65
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:40
no mail yet. i don't have a link either. but when i click view application there is a waitlist additional updates section. I am a R3 applicant. So i guess i got waitlisted.....

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:44
longshen21cn wrote:
no mail yet. i don't have a link either. but when i click view application there is a waitlist additional updates section. I am a R3 applicant. So i guess i got waitlisted.....

my waitlist additional update section as disappeared although also no email on my end. i'm hoping i got in ive been bugging out all day. i hope you got in also and that it just shows that for everyone from R3

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:47
rs180216 wrote:
longshen21cn wrote:

my waitlist additional update section as disappeared although also no email on my end. i'm hoping i got in ive been bugging out all day. i hope you got in also and that it just shows that for everyone from R3

That's a pretty good sign, I think! My waitlist section is still there and the "Check this box if you would like to remain on the waitlist" went unchecked at some point. :|

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 14:48
K7 wrote:
rs180216 wrote:
longshen21cn wrote:

That's a pretty good sign, I think! My waitlist section is still there and the "Check this box if you would like to remain on the waitlist" went unchecked at some point. :|

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you man.

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 15 May 2014, 14:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37    Next  [ 731 posts ]