GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 14:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 05:55
Indian applicant. Although the medium of instruction during my undergrad was English, I would not get the waive off from both Haas and UCLA.

I gave my TOEFL this Sept, and my score was 98 (Reading - 26, Listening - 25, Speaking - 25 and Writing -22). UCLA lists out a minimum score of 87, but a minimum writing score of 25 (which I fail). Berkeley Haas lists a minimum score of 90, with no individual section cutoffs.

Is there a workaround to not giving TOEFL again ? If not, the latest available date for giving TOEFL is 6th Jan, and both Haas and UCLA have their R2 deadlines a few days from then. Is it fine to then submit scores, or even give the TOEFL, at a later time after the deadline ?

Also, any provisions of rechecking ? I fear I have already crossed the deadline to re-check.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 06:36
You should give TOEFL on 6th and later update the new score. I think this will work but don't give it on a later date than submission deadline. You can talk to adcom about your situation to get clear answer

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
D
Re: Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 02:42
agbsharma wrote:
Indian applicant. Although the medium of instruction during my undergrad was English, I would not get the waive off from both Haas and UCLA.

I gave my TOEFL this Sept, and my score was 98 (Reading - 26, Listening - 25, Speaking - 25 and Writing -22). UCLA lists out a minimum score of 87, but a minimum writing score of 25 (which I fail). Berkeley Haas lists a minimum score of 90, with no individual section cutoffs.

Is there a workaround to not giving TOEFL again ? If not, the latest available date for giving TOEFL is 6th Jan, and both Haas and UCLA have their R2 deadlines a few days from then. Is it fine to then submit scores, or even give the TOEFL, at a later time after the deadline ?

Also, any provisions of rechecking ? I fear I have already crossed the deadline to re-check.

Hi Mr. Sharma,

TOEFL is a mandatory requirement at UCLA and Haas, both Californian b-schools. So if you are keen on applying there, there is going to be no work around. You take the TOEFL.
Speaking from experience, my R1 applicant couldn't get the TOEFL scores to UCLA until after the deadline (she took the test 3-4 days before the deadline and it takes 10 days for the official report). She asked them beforehand and they were ok with it. do the same, i suggest.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2018, 02:42

Tricky TOEFL situation - Please Help

new topic post reply Update application status