Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
domotron wrote:
Phenomenal job gbrooks as always! Less than 4 weeks to go now till November round decision date

Ditto! That was an interesting read. Anyone else notice the number of 760's? There's a decent spread for sure, but quite a few 760 for such a small sample.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any news on the interview front for the November Round candidates??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Less than 3 weeks to go for November round decisions! Time is crawling at the moment and it is all I can think about.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
18 days until November round decision!!! So nervous.... :shock:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jacg20 wrote:
18 days until November round decision!!! So nervous.... :shock:

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: A Day in the Life of a First Year Tuckie

Isaac is a T'15 from Denver, CO. After graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in economics, he headed east for a job with Sears Holdings Corporation in Chicago, IL.  Heading even further east, Isaac came to Tuck with his wife and one son.  They’ve recently welcomed another little boy to their family.  Isaac is currently exploring general management positions in a variety of industries.

5:50 – Wake up with my wife to our crying baby. It’s so painful when he steals that last hour of sleep from me. By the time he ate and was back asleep, it was time for me to shower, grab breakfast, and run out the door.

7:20 – Catch the bus from Sachem Village up to campus. I rode my bike to school almost every day during the fall, but after getting back from our winter break, the sidewalks have been covered in snow or ice so switched to the bus. There aren’t many Tuckies that take the bus, but it’s a great option for us when my wife’s not heading out at the same time (we have just one car). From my front door to Tuck, my trip probably takes about 25 minutes.

7:45 – Quickly read through my strategy case for class and go through my email. Recruiting season has forced me to do a lot of skimming through class material instead of fully preparing (don’t tell my professors).

8:30 – Class starts. First, I had Competitive and Corporate Strategy, which is a completely case-based class. The professor is fantastic at leading the discussion and pulling out great insights. Definitely the most fun class of the term. I also had Global Economics for Managers, which is also a core class.

12:00 – State of the School with Dean Danos. This was the first of these while I’ve been at Tuck, but supposedly they happen from time to time. Basically, Dean Danos and a couple other deans shared with us (all the students, faculty, and staff at Tuck) what they thought about where the school was and the strategy to keep it there and improve it. It was really interesting to see how deliberate they were to position Tuck as it is today and how they think about its place in the competitive landscape going forward. I was encouraged to see how committed they were to holding on to everything that makes Tuck special, while also remaining aware of how Tuck needs to develop going forward.

1:00 – Mock interview with a second year student. Second years, as well as recent Tuck alumni, are the best resource in every step of the application process. In this case, the same 2nd year that helped me with my cover letter in the fall was giving me a mock interview for the company with which he interned. Because the company just told me about the interview a couple days before, I was actually interviewing with him less than 2 hours before the actual interview.

1:45 – Went for a run. It was a surprisingly warm and sunny day so I decided to go for a quick run around the Dartmouth campus to clear my head before my interview. After running I stopped by the Tuck gym to workout briefly, too. It’s a small gym, but really convenient because it’s right at Tuck. I didn’t take advantage of it in the fall but I’m hoping to a lot more from here on out.

2:45 – Phone interview. I always take phone calls like these on a landline in one of the small phone rooms at Tuck or in a study room (cell service isn’t the best in the buildings at Tuck). To my dismay, all of them were taken (it’s a busy time with mock interviews and networking calls taking place all the time for first years), so I did what I always do when I run into an issue and I headed to the MBA Program Office and talked to Sally Jaeger, the assistant of the MBA Program. She knows all the Tuck students before they even get here and is always ready to help with anything. She found me the office of someone that had left for the day and I was able to take my call without any problem.

3:30 – After my interview I finally did a little prep for my classes the next day and walked to the post office to send a late (very late) Christmas present for my wife to her parents. Then caught the bus back to Sachem.

5:00 – Phone call with my First Year Project Client. I stopped by the Sachem Community Center for this conference call before I went home. The First-Year Project takes place during the spring term and gives first year students the chance to work with a company or organization (or their own entrepreneurial idea) with four classmates. Tuck sources a lot of great projects, but students can source their own as well. My project originated from a phone conversation I had with a T ’04 in the fall who worked at a company that I really wanted to work for but that didn’t officially recruit at Tuck (or any other business schools as far as I could tell). I inquired about internship opportunities but also threw out the idea of an FYP and she was really excited about the idea. Over the past few months we got it officially approved on both sides and this was the first conversation to talk about the specifics a little more before I put together my team.

5:30 – Got home after a very busy day. My wife had just as busy a day at home taking care of our boys and she was anxiously awaiting my arrival. I try to always be home between 5 and 6 and the vast majority of days that works out. I spent the rest of my night playing with the boys.

8:30 – Thought about doing some prep for meetings tomorrow, but decided to take it easy. I was tired and I’d spent the past 3 nights working on school/career related things so I kicked back and watched a show with my wife until our baby boy was ready to go to sleep, which miraculously happened before 10:30 so we got an early bedtime!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: A Day in the Life of a First-Year Tuckie

Isaac is a T'15 from Denver, CO. After graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in economics, he headed east for a job with Sears Holdings Corporation in Chicago, IL.  Heading even further east, Isaac came to Tuck with his wife and one son.  They’ve recently welcomed another little boy to their family.  Isaac is currently exploring general management positions in a variety of industries.

5:50 – Wake up with my wife to our crying baby. It’s so painful when he steals that last hour of sleep from me. By the time he ate and was back asleep, it was time for me to shower, grab breakfast, and run out the door.

7:20 – Catch the bus from Sachem Village up to campus. I rode my bike to school almost every day during the fall, but after getting back from our winter break, the sidewalks have been covered in snow or ice so switched to the bus. There aren’t many Tuckies that take the bus, but it’s a great option for us when my wife’s not heading out at the same time (we have just one car). From my front door to Tuck, my trip probably takes about 25 minutes.

7:45 – Quickly read through my strategy case for class and go through my email. Recruiting season has forced me to do a lot of skimming through class material instead of fully preparing (don’t tell my professors).

8:30 – Class starts. First, I had Competitive and Corporate Strategy, which is a completely case-based class. The professor is fantastic at leading the discussion and pulling out great insights. Definitely the most fun class of the term. I also had Global Economics for Managers, which is also a core class.

12:00 – State of the School with Dean Danos. This was the first of these while I’ve been at Tuck, but supposedly they happen from time to time. Basically, Dean Danos and a couple other deans shared with us (all the students, faculty, and staff at Tuck) what they thought about where the school was and the strategy to keep it there and improve it. It was really interesting to see how deliberate they were to position Tuck as it is today and how they think about its place in the competitive landscape going forward. I was encouraged to see how committed they were to holding on to everything that makes Tuck special, while also remaining aware of how Tuck needs to develop going forward.

1:00 – Mock interview with a second year student. Second years, as well as recent Tuck alumni, are the best resource in every step of the application process. In this case, the same 2nd year that helped me with my cover letter in the fall was giving me a mock interview for the company with which he interned. Because the company just told me about the interview a couple days before, I was actually interviewing with him less than 2 hours before the actual interview.

1:45 – Went for a run. It was a surprisingly warm and sunny day so I decided to go for a quick run around the Dartmouth campus to clear my head before my interview. After running I stopped by the Tuck gym to workout briefly, too. It’s a small gym, but really convenient because it’s right at Tuck. I didn’t take advantage of it in the fall but I’m hoping to a lot more from here on out.

2:45 – Phone interview. I always take phone calls like these on a landline in one of the small phone rooms at Tuck or in a study room (cell service isn’t the best in the buildings at Tuck). To my dismay, all of them were taken (it’s a busy time with mock interviews and networking calls taking place all the time for first years), so I did what I always do when I run into an issue and I headed to the MBA Program Office and talked to Sally Jaeger, the Assistant Dean and Director of the MBA Program. She knows all the Tuck students before they even get here and is always ready to help with anything. She found me the office of someone that had left for the day and I was able to take my call without any problem.

3:30 – After my interview I finally did a little prep for my classes the next day and walked to the post office to send a late (very late) Christmas present for my wife to her parents. Then caught the bus back to Sachem.

5:00 – Phone call with my First Year Project Client. I stopped by the Sachem Community Center for this conference call before I went home. The First-Year Project takes place during the spring term and gives first year students the chance to work with a company or organization (or their own entrepreneurial idea) with four classmates. Tuck sources a lot of great projects, but students can source their own as well. My project originated from a phone conversation I had with a T ’04 in the fall who worked at a company that I really wanted to work for but that didn’t officially recruit at Tuck (or any other business schools as far as I could tell). I inquired about internship opportunities but also threw out the idea of an FYP and she was really excited about the idea. Over the past few months we got it officially approved on both sides and this was the first conversation to talk about the specifics a little more before I put together my team.

5:30 – Got home after a very busy day. My wife had just as busy a day at home taking care of our boys and she was anxiously awaiting my arrival. I try to always be home between 5 and 6 and the vast majority of days that works out. I spent the rest of my night playing with the boys.

8:30 – Thought about doing some prep for meetings tomorrow, but decided to take it easy. I was tired and I’d spent the past 3 nights working on school/career related things so I kicked back and watched a show with my wife until our baby boy was ready to go to sleep, which miraculously happened before 10:30 so we got an early bedtime!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Does anyone know whether Tuck accepts updates after we submitting the application?
I submitted in Nov. and was interviewed in Dec. By the end of the December, I received a minor promotion and some new responsibility. Shall I update it to the admission office?
(One of the drawbacks in my application is that my title is quite low. So mentioning the promotion and new responsibility might make it look a little better...but the promotion is a very minor one(just put a "senior" before my previous title))
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pkunanaz wrote:
Does anyone know whether Tuck accepts updates after we submitting the application?
I submitted in Nov. and was interviewed in Dec. By the end of the December, I received a minor promotion and some new responsibility. Shall I update it to the admission office?
(One of the drawbacks in my application is that my title is quite low. So mentioning the promotion and new responsibility might make it look a little better...but the promotion is a very minor one(just put a "senior" before my previous title))
Thank you!

I don't know anything about Tuck's stance on updating applications, but I would suggest not going through the trouble. Unless Tuck is extremely open to updates, which I think is rarely the case, it probably isn't worth it. Not trying to belittle your promotion at all, but it sounds like a title change more than anything (I had the same thing at my job). If you had received a lot more managerial responsibility by being promoted to team lead or something, I might say go for it, but even then it might be too soon for you to have extracted any meaningful experience to warrant an update. Adding "Sr" to your title won't change how they interpret your resume and essays, especially so close to decision date for the Nov. round, so I wouldn't worry yourself over it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
pkunanaz wrote:
Thank you!

Actually Tuck is a school that is very open to updates. However, since you are a November round applicant, it may be too late for an update to make any difference. Can't hurt to try though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
domotron wrote:
Actually Tuck is a school that is very open to updates. However, since you are a November round applicant, it may be too late for an update to make any difference. Can't hurt to try though.

Well there you go! If any school would be open to it, it'd be Tuck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Flyte wrote:
forfuture wrote:
Was your interview applicant initiated interview or you were invited to interview by the school?
Thanks

Mine was applicant initiated.

Thanks for the reply.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
Invited to interview. I was unable to interview before applying because of deployment schedule, and explained as much in the application.

Email below
Invitation to Interview

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your application to the Tuck School of Business. The Admissions Committee invites you to interview with us. We strongly encourage [emphasis theirs] you to take advantage of this opportunity. Please visit our Events and Interviews search page to select any open interview slot (with or without a class visit). Your interview must occur on or before February 13, 2014.

On-Campus interview availability is currently very limited. If there is a particular interview date that you are interested in that is showing as unavailable, please feel free to contact our Admissions Coordinator, Gelsey Tolosa, via email or phone 603-646-0878.

Recognizing that a trip to Hanover, New Hampshire may not be possible on short notice, we would like to offer you the opportunity to interview with us via video chat using the Skype service. If you would like to schedule a video interview, please E-mail us. Our trained interviewer will coordinate the exact date and time with you. It is our expectation that these interviews will not be recorded. All interviews must occur on or before February 13, 2014.

We look forward to meeting you on campus (or virtually).

Warmest Regards,

The Tuck Admissions Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I got the same email. I will be doing mine on skype.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Good luck with the interviews guys!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all.
Wanted to update I did not pay the deposit, and decided to take the UNC full ride.
Hope my spot will help some of you guys. Good luck.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Student Consulting Group Helps Local Businesses

Over the past few months, teams of T'15s have participated in 66 projects for 15 organizations through the student-run group, Tuck Student Consulting Services (TSCS).  Yesterday, T'14 Co-Chairs Alena Harrison and Eric Winn, invited the community to view a summary of the group's work at the annual poster session. 

Tuck Student Consulting Services connects graduate business students with local businesses and non-profit initiatives through volunteer consulting projects.  TSCS provides students with real-world experience in consulting, the opportunity to apply their business skills, and a chance to volunteer in the community. Student teams work with 10-20 organizations each year on key business issues. 

The consulting engagements range from operations to marketing to strategy, and the TSCS teams strive to deliver recommendations that are relevant and impactful. Many of these organizations are recurring clients and hail from a wide range of industries, including education, healthcare, manufacturing, energy, transportation, etc.  Students do not receive compensation or academic credit. TSCS services are 100% pro bono; local businesses and non-profit organizations can benefit from and access the fresh perspectives and diverse knowledge of graduate business students from Tuck.

Tuck Student Consulting Services is affiliated with the Center for Business & Society.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts