Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [3]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.7
WE:Other (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
tripsd wrote:
hamm0 wrote:

Thanks gentlejack. I don't have the option of continuing on, though.

Congrats to everyone who got admits, and good luck to the waitlisters. Tuck will always be special to me, but alas, it wasn't in the cards. Onwards and upwards. Be strong, friends.

hamm0 I am sorry :-(

Thanks. Congrats on your admit - enjoy Hanover :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Waitlisted...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Dinged.

Saw it coming with no interview invite as an international.

Congrats again to the admits and good luck to the waitlisters and other round applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
tripsd wrote:
hamm0 wrote:

Thanks gentlejack. I don't have the option of continuing on, though.

Congrats to everyone who got admits, and good luck to the waitlisters. Tuck will always be special to me, but alas, it wasn't in the cards. Onwards and upwards. Be strong, friends.

hamm0 I am sorry :-(

Thanks. Congrats on your admit - enjoy Hanover :)

Damm Hamm0, sorry to hear you didnt get in, we actually have a VERY similar profile so now I'm beginning to worry as I submit for Round 2
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
I got dinged as well. Congrats to the admits and good luck to all the WL's!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats new Tuckies! There are so many of us waiting to meet you with open arms.

Also, Tuck really made a mistake on Hamm0. I've seen a lot of applicants come through and I can surely say he would have been an asset to the class and an alumni who would make us proud.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Dinged :o

Shocked but oh well. Tuck never my first choice but still not fun to get bad news.

Congrats to all the admits!

On to Columbia!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [14]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Now that I have had a chance to think:

Congratulations to all the admits; you deserve it ten times over! I hope that this community played a small part in your victory today.

I had a gif saved for today, in case I got in. I knew exactly which one I wanted to use.

HOWEVER, I didn't get in, and I became very unhappy and upset. I had worked so hard, AS DID MANY OF YOU. I don't have to go into the details, because you all get it. You all worked hard and poured your soul into your application, and for many of us it simply didn't work out how we imagined. I notified many of my close friends and family about the outcome and received many statements including the words "don't worry" and "sorry," but I really didn't find a whole lot of comfort in their words. However, something else extraordinary happened. I received PM's from various social media and public messages on this forum from people that I have "met" on this journey; something I did not expect. In many ways, it means more to me, because we are in this journey together, we are sweating together, and we are bleeding together.

As I read the messages, my mood changed. I thought that I am actually pretty lucky to be in the WL column; I'm sure many people that were dinged would prefer to be WL'ed. I realized that I am pretty lucky and should be very grateful of my position. And then I thought, I'm actually pretty lucky to even be applying. I come from a small town on the West Coast and now have a great job in a metropolitan area. The fact that I'm even IN THE ARENA is pretty great. I've had a lot of successes (as many of you have had) and quite a few failures along with them (as many of you have had). But I'm grateful to be in a good place in life, and to be in a place that allows me to help others.

So for me, tonight was a win. Here's the gif:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Send PM
Great post gbrooks. Agree 100%. This whole process has been incredibly humbling and full of self-reflection. Good luck through the WL
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
Ding. After jumping through all the hoops Adcom wanted me to, spending money I couldn't have spent on a trip from South America to Hanover just to interview, and improving on every single aspect they gave me feedback on, I moved from a waitlist last year to a ding this year.
Out of words right now.
Best of luck to all admitted. After 2 years attempting, I'll just have to deal with the fact that business school just is not for me.

I empathize with you. Same here. Was waitlisted last year and did all the things they asked me to do during my waitlist feedback and reapplicant feedback sessions. After other disappointing results from other schools, I feel defeated, and will need to come to terms with the fact that b school is not in my future.

Originally posted by Ward2012 on 18 Dec 2013, 21:12.
Last edited by Ward2012 on 18 Dec 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q41 V50
Send PM
gbrooks6687 wrote:
Now that I have had a chance to think:

Congratulations to all the admits; you deserve it ten times over! I hope that this community played a small part in your victory today.

I had a gif saved for today, in case I got in. I knew exactly which one I wanted to use.

HOWEVER, I didn't get in, and I became very unhappy and upset. I had worked so hard, AS DID MANY OF YOU. I don't have to go into the details, because you all get it. You all worked hard and poured your soul into your application, and for many of us it simply didn't work out how we imagined. I notified many of my close friends and family about the outcome and received many statements including the words "don't worry" and "sorry," but I really didn't find a whole lot of comfort in their words. However, something else extraordinary happened. I received PM's from various social media and public messages on this forum from people that I have "met" on this journey; something I did not expect. In many ways, it means more to me, because we are in this journey together, we are sweating together, and we are bleeding together.

As I read the messages, my mood changed. I thought that I am actually pretty lucky to be in the WL column; I'm sure many people that were dinged would prefer to be WL'ed. I realized that I am pretty lucky and should be very grateful of my position. And then I thought, I'm actually pretty lucky to even be applying. I come from a small town on the West Coast and now have a great job in a metropolitan area. The fact that I'm even IN THE ARENA is pretty great. I've had a lot of successes (as many of you have had) and quite a few failures along with them (as many of you have had). But I'm grateful to be in a good place in life, and to be in a place that allows me to help others.

So for me, tonight was a win. Here's the gif:

This is probably the exact thing I needed to read. I have been wait listed too.

Thank you.. Hope that all of us on the waitlist can do enough to move from the waitlist forum to the accepted forum...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
Ding. After jumping through all the hoops Adcom wanted me to, spending money I couldn't have spent on a trip from South America to Hanover just to interview, and improving on every single aspect they gave me feedback on, I moved from a waitlist last year to a ding this year.
Out of words right now.
Best of luck to all admitted. After 2 years attempting, I'll just have to deal with the fact that business school just is not for me.

I empathize with you. Same here. Was waitlisted last year and did all the things they asked during my waitlist feedback and reapplicant feedback sessions. After other disappointing results from other schools, I feel defeated, and will need to come to terms with the fact that b school is not in my future.

One of my favorite quotes that I have seen from gmatclub.com is from NonYankee: "I do feel that many on these forums tend to miss the forest for the trees"[1]

Guys - There are other schools besides Tuck! Just because Tuck dinged you does not mean you need to give up on your advanced degree aspirations. Yes, I agree that Tuck is a great school with an awesome alumni network, but it is not the only tree in the forest. There are still plenty of schools that will provide you with the same opportunities that Tuck can provide. BSchool is just a step that we, motivated professionals, utilize in order to achieve our ultimate career goals. If Tuck doesn't want to help you achieve your career goals, find another tree that will.

In addition, there is a round 2! Yes, I know it is approaching very quickly, but if you leverage the chip on the shoulder that Tuck just gave you, you can still put together a solid application to another school or two.

[1] - the-2012-2013-zero-admit-club-144164-40.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
In@Tuck

Asian Male, 27. Never did a campus visit or something....

Now, I am facing the dilemma between Tuck, Darden and Cornell....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Metallicaa wrote:
In@Tuck

It's simple. Go to Tuck :-D

Really though, it is very worth your investment to visit these schools for their respective Admitted Students Weekends.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Metallicaa wrote:
In@Tuck

It's simple. Go to Tuck :-D

Really though, it is very worth your investment to visit these schools for their respective Admitted Students Weekends.

Yeah, I almost made my decision in favor of Tuck... But I am thinking if Darden grand me the scholarship, it will then become Sophie's choice... :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
CMcAboy wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
Out of words right now.

I empathize with you. Same here. Was waitlisted last year and did all the things they asked during my waitlist feedback and reapplicant feedback sessions. After other disappointing results from other schools, I feel defeated, and will need to come to terms with the fact that b school is not in my future.

One of my favorite quotes that I have seen from gmatclub.com is from NonYankee: "I do feel that many on these forums tend to miss the forest for the trees"[1]

Guys - There are other schools besides Tuck! Just because Tuck dinged you does not mean you need to give up on your advanced degree aspirations. Yes, I agree that Tuck is a great school with an awesome alumni network, but it is not the only tree in the forest. There are still plenty of schools that will provide you with the same opportunities that Tuck can provide. BSchool is just a step that we, motivated professionals, utilize in order to achieve our ultimate career goals. If Tuck doesn't want to help you achieve your career goals, find another tree that will.

In addition, there is a round 2! Yes, I know it is approaching very quickly, but if you leverage the chip on the shoulder that Tuck just gave you, you can still put together a solid application to another school or two.

[1] - the-2012-2013-zero-admit-club-144164-40.html

I applaud the spirit and good intentions of your encouragement, but I think it oversimplifies the situation a little bit. A person may have unique goals that really make the "trees" where he or she applied the best places to achieve those goals, and other "trees" not worth the price tag of attending there. Or a person may have a background where really this year was the last year. Here, I'm mainly thinking of age. As an over-30 candidate, applying again next year for a third time, being one year older, would just make it even harder to get in somewhere.

So while I was a bit dire in my post where I said b school was not in my future, and I don't mean to be completely down on your post, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to those who were admitted and commiserations to those that did not get in or were waitlisted. As a Nov round applicant (who looks to have bombed down in R1) I am dreading the next 7 weeks.

Hamm0 - so sorry to hear about this one. I knew you bled green but whatever happens you have found at least one great home in Johnson.

gbrooks - you've been great fun. Hope you get off that waitlist!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts