Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619311 [1]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Tuck '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Antmavel wrote:
Your background and extra curricular are very interesting and support your objective post-MBA, we don't have too many people in that category, I think your GMAT is fine and you would be a good candidate.

thanks, a lot Antoine . I applied to tuck two days back. can i expect a call for interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q167 V161
Send PM
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate for this great help.
Nationality: Indian; Male 27 yrs

Undergrad: Btech Civil, from 5th ranking National institute of Technology, with CGPA 9.15/10

Work experience: Employed in India's premium Oil &Gas Consultancy (a Public sector undertaking) since 2012 (work exp of 5 yrs)

The entire work exp can be broken down into 2 parts :
1. Construction site experience
a. Posted for 1 year at the esteemed site for Strategic storage of Crude oil (at Mangalore India) wherein facilities were being constructed to store crude in underground caverns. Job responsibilities included contract handling, site inspection (including inspection in underground rock caverns) , quality control, implementation of safety at site.
b. Posted for 1.5 years at a refinery expansion project ( Kochi, India) wherein entrusted with the civil structural works for the important Crude distillation unit of refinery. Job responsibilities included preparation of a green field site, handling of a contract amounting to 35 million USD which involved leading a team of 15 persons, site inspection, progress monitoring & expediting, material inspection within & outside site, billing ( completed billing of the value of 14 million USD) quality control.
2.Design office experience ( work exp 2.5 yrs , continued till date)
a. Leading a team of 6 persons ( for the civil portion) to provide EPCM services for the upcoming Refinery & Petrochemical project in Nigeria ( largest project in entire Africa) Job responsibilities include designing of underground facilities & utilities, preparation of drawings , imparting training to the Nigerian counterparts , progress monitoring, providing assistance to site construction engineers, constant interaction with client.
I don't have any on site International job experience.

GMAT: yet to be taken but targeting a score of 740 to 750

Extracurricular: Not much to show. Have received professional training in Harmonium ( completed 4 professional exams), actively performed in various cultural activities during schooling, during college my team was one among the top 3 teams of west India in the INSDAG competition( an all India competition for steel design)

Post MBA goal : I want to shift from Oil & gas industry ( as all countries are moving from oil towards more environmental friendly options) and enter into strategy consulting and have an inclination to enter into M&A roles ( would explain more efficiently while writing my essays)

Havard & Stanford I believe are too high an expectation given my normal profile. Whether I would be fit for Columbia, Kellog, Yale or Ross?

Once again thank you for your help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bookmarks
Thanks in advance:

Not really sure if to go apply for tuck or Yale
International applicant
Took the GMAT twice and landed at 690 both times - weak on verbal
GMAT: 690 (48Q,36V)
GPA: B (calculates to around ~3.0-3.3 gpa)
Undergraduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences from a top University (outside US)

3 years experience in a f500 biotech company in pricing

Lots of healthcare related EC
Short-term goal: consulting in HC
Long-term goal: start a boutique HC consultancy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 2.9
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all, first post and using OPs structure

Age - 27
Gender - Male
Nationality – Indian

Education – Computer Engineering & Economics graduate from NUS (Singapore)
GPA - 2.88 (explained in optional essay, had a one very rough semester), (3.2 without that sem, 3.3 in graduating semester)
GMAT1: 770 (Q50, V47)

Work experience –
MBB Singapore, promoted once - focus has been on fintech and fin services
Investment management firm - promoted once

Extracurricular-
- (3 years) Started an informal investing club with 25 members. 9% returns annually since 2015, $500,000 in AUM
- (5 years) Start-up consulting
- (7 years) Tutoring - used this to pay my way through college
- A bunch of leadership positions in college too - captain of tennis team, executive committee in a club

Plans for after school-
- Return to Singapore in a corp strat position advising on fintech strategies

Why Tuck:
Strong tech focus
Traditional emphasis on consulting/strategy
Tight knit community / environment
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tiger03 wrote:
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate for this great help.
Nationality: Indian; Male 27 yrs

Undergrad: Btech Civil, from 5th ranking National institute of Technology, with CGPA 9.15/10

Work experience: Employed in India's premium Oil &Gas Consultancy (a Public sector undertaking) since 2012 (work exp of 5 yrs)

The entire work exp can be broken down into 2 parts :
1. Construction site experience
a. Posted for 1 year at the esteemed site for Strategic storage of Crude oil (at Mangalore India) wherein facilities were being constructed to store crude in underground caverns. Job responsibilities included contract handling, site inspection (including inspection in underground rock caverns) , quality control, implementation of safety at site.
b. Posted for 1.5 years at a refinery expansion project ( Kochi, India) wherein entrusted with the civil structural works for the important Crude distillation unit of refinery. Job responsibilities included preparation of a green field site, handling of a contract amounting to 35 million USD which involved leading a team of 15 persons, site inspection, progress monitoring & expediting, material inspection within & outside site, billing ( completed billing of the value of 14 million USD) quality control.
2.Design office experience ( work exp 2.5 yrs , continued till date)
a. Leading a team of 6 persons ( for the civil portion) to provide EPCM services for the upcoming Refinery & Petrochemical project in Nigeria ( largest project in entire Africa) Job responsibilities include designing of underground facilities & utilities, preparation of drawings , imparting training to the Nigerian counterparts , progress monitoring, providing assistance to site construction engineers, constant interaction with client.
I don't have any on site International job experience.

GMAT: yet to be taken but targeting a score of 740 to 750

Extracurricular: Not much to show. Have received professional training in Harmonium ( completed 4 professional exams), actively performed in various cultural activities during schooling, during college my team was one among the top 3 teams of west India in the INSDAG competition( an all India competition for steel design)

Post MBA goal : I want to shift from Oil & gas industry ( as all countries are moving from oil towards more environmental friendly options) and enter into strategy consulting and have an inclination to enter into M&A roles ( would explain more efficiently while writing my essays)

Havard & Stanford I believe are too high an expectation given my normal profile. Whether I would be fit for Columbia, Kellog, Yale or Ross?

Once again thank you for your help.

Hi,

I gather you are planning to apply in 2018 as you have still not taken GMAT and there hardly seems to be anytime now with the deadlines on our heads.
you have a good profile. Oil and industry/ operations experience is valuable in terms of the impact you can make and also showcase leadership capabilities.
You will have to connect the dots between your post MBA goals and your past work experience. what kind of M&A roles are you talking about?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
ownersinc wrote:
Hi all, first post and using OPs structure

Age - 27
Gender - Male
Nationality – Indian

Education – Computer Engineering & Economics graduate from NUS (Singapore)
GPA - 2.88 (explained in optional essay, had a one very rough semester), (3.2 without that sem, 3.3 in graduating semester)
GMAT1: 770 (Q50, V47)

Work experience –
MBB Singapore, promoted once - focus has been on fintech and fin services
Investment management firm - promoted once

Extracurricular-
- (3 years) Started an informal investing club with 25 members. 9% returns annually since 2015, $500,000 in AUM
- (5 years) Start-up consulting
- (7 years) Tutoring - used this to pay my way through college
- A bunch of leadership positions in college too - captain of tennis team, executive committee in a club

Plans for after school-
- Return to Singapore in a corp strat position advising on fintech strategies

Why Tuck:
Strong tech focus
Traditional emphasis on consulting/strategy
Tight knit community / environment

You have a good profile. All the best for your application. I guess you are submitting today
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - thanks for writing! While both close-knit top MBA programs, Yale and Tuck have different cultures, environments, and offerings, so speak with as many students/alum as possible to gain insights on these. Each school is quite competitive, so try your best to boost the GMAT to 700+. Also, are you involved in any extracurriculars/activities outside of work? If so, this would boost your applications.

mbiotech wrote:
Thanks in advance:

Not really sure if to go apply for tuck or Yale
International applicant
Took the GMAT twice and landed at 690 both times - weak on verbal
GMAT: 690 (48Q,36V)
GPA: B (calculates to around ~3.0-3.3 gpa)
Undergraduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences from a top University (outside US)

3 years experience in a f500 biotech company in pricing

Lots of healthcare related EC
Short-term goal: consulting in HC
Long-term goal: start a boutique HC consultancy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone! I'm currently doing my research on MBA programs, and would appreciate some feedback on my current profile. I try my best to adhere to the suggested template; however, some information may be all jumbled together. My apologies in advance.

Background and nationality: I am Chinese Indonesian and I was born in Indonesia. I moved to Germany after high school and spent 4 years studying there (1 year language, 1 year college prep, 2 years at TU Berlin studying Energy and Process Engineering, which I did not finish due to financial hardship and family issues). I moved to the U.S. for better opportunities. I came here on a student visa to go to a community college, where I earned my A.A. in Mathematics and Natural Sciences. 3 years upon my arrival I was granted political asylum and 5 years later I became a citizen of the U.S. During those years, I could not afford a 4 year degree, and I was working as a Chemist for an environmental lab when I realized that I did not want to work in a lab setting for the rest of my life. I pursued an undergrad in Accountancy at a Cal State while also working full time at the lab, and graduated within 1.5 years.

Undergrad Information: A.A. GPA 3.5. B.S. GPA 4.

GMAT: 630 (Q44, V33).

Work experience and leadership: 10 years as a Chemist, 4 of which as a group leader for my department. Responsibilities include sample analysis, instrument troubleshoot, data review, creating reports, internal audit, developing standard operating procedures.

Community and others: none.

Post MBA goals: Would like to get into consulting.

Anything else? Will obtain CPA license.

Thank you!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! You have an intriguing profile. Given Tuck's competitiveness, I would aim for a higher GMAT (700+). In your application, you'll want to make a strong case for 1. why you want to transition into a consulting career from a sciences career and 2. why Tuck is the best fit for you.

Hope that helps - please let me know what other questions I can help answer! :)

txstats wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm currently doing my research on MBA programs, and would appreciate some feedback on my current profile. I try my best to adhere to the suggested template; however, some information may be all jumbled together. My apologies in advance.

Background and nationality: I am Chinese Indonesian and I was born in Indonesia. I moved to Germany after high school and spent 4 years studying there (1 year language, 1 year college prep, 2 years at TU Berlin studying Energy and Process Engineering, which I did not finish due to financial hardship and family issues). I moved to the U.S. for better opportunities. I came here on a student visa to go to a community college, where I earned my A.A. in Mathematics and Natural Sciences. 3 years upon my arrival I was granted political asylum and 5 years later I became a citizen of the U.S. During those years, I could not afford a 4 year degree, and I was working as a Chemist for an environmental lab when I realized that I did not want to work in a lab setting for the rest of my life. I pursued an undergrad in Accountancy at a Cal State while also working full time at the lab, and graduated within 1.5 years.

Work experience and leadership: 10 years as a Chemist, 4 of which as a group leader for my department. Responsibilities include sample analysis, instrument troubleshoot, data review, creating reports, internal audit, developing standard operating procedures.

Thank you!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
txstats wrote:

your story is an impressive resilience story-- and it may be that you can get some interest with that.
Be aware however, that you are coming from a pool where GMAT scores are high-- so that 630 is not going to really stand above the crowd-- now GMAT and scores are not everything- and especially at a place like Tuck that has a strong collaborative culture and looks holistically-- but if the GMAT is lower-- think about what is higher? your work experience?
your GPA? your international experience? Your passion for Tuck? Really think like adcom here and identify what is your best asset-- and make sure that comes out in the application and essay process. If you want help looking at your profile in more depth to get a sense of where you stand out-- you can reach out to us for a free consult at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
It seems that my low GMAT score is a common theme here, and I agree that I need to get a 700+ to have a better shot at top programs.
Thank you all for the constructive feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.78
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi all, Tuck is my dream school based on a lot of different factors. I've got a slightly unique background / accomplishments, but I'm not sure how these play into the eyes of an admissions committee. Also, I'm quite interested in finding a good culture fit, seeing as this is what I'll be doing for 2 years or so and I think Tuck would be the ideal place for me. Planning to apply in Consortium Round 1 this fall 2018, matriculating fall 2019. Any and all advice or opinions are welcome as I am still just attempting to figure out how competitive I may be. Thanks in advance for your time and opinions!

Backgound

Sex: Male (26)

Race/Nationality: Hispanic / USA

GMAT: 710 (45Q/42V), IR 8, AWA 6

Undergraduate: GPA - 3.8, Double majored in Business Economics and Management (Average State School)

Graduate School: Masters degree in environmental economics and rural development, Graduated with "Honors", Earned a "Distinction" for my master's thesis (think Oxford, LSE, Cambridge)

Athletics: The reason I went to the average state school was because I was an ESPN All-American at my sport and the school had a great athletic program. I got a full-ride athletic scholarship and was the captain of my Division-1 team. Ranked an ESPN top-10 recruit coming out of high school, but blew out my ankles / achilles / back freshman and sophomore year, and had to re-evaluate my life plan afterwards. This is the area of my background where I have no idea how much value admissions committees will place on my application.

Extra-curriculars: I have volunteered at an urban farm non-profit for a little over a year. The organization is built to teach low-income children from my city about the importance of farming, responsibility, and hard work. I help build chicken coops / greenhouses / community gardens / etc. there when needed, and am now a field trip leader for groups of children who come and visit the farm. I also have volunteered for a couple years at an urban garden center where I help out with distributing plant seeds and transplants for low-income families to grow food for the season each spring.

Work Experience

Current: Active US government security clearance working for a financial regulator in the agriculture industry. I travel around the US visiting and examining agricultural banks to ensure compliance with federal regulations, and provide consultative-like advice on financial issues that are affecting the bank at that time. I've gotten two promotions within three years of working there, and now am in charge of my own bank that has assets over $500MM. I examine all levels of a bank including: governance, capital levels, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, interest rate sensitivity, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc. We work in a project type management structure, so sometimes I am managing between 10-15 people, and other times I am managing no one. Strong performance appraisals throughout my time at the organization.

Past: Before I was at my current job, I interned in the mayor's office of my city (fairly large capital city) doing sustainability work, and I also had an internship the summer between undergrad and grad school where I worked in Central America for a large multinational agricultural company in the corporate social responsibility department.

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: My favorite part of my job is the project management style consultative work we do for the banks we regulate. I'd like to leverage my financial and project management work experience to transition to consulting. Preferably, I'd like to work for a consulting company with a strong agriculture related client base. Also, I'm interested in sustainability and corporate responsibility, so that is something I'm interested in from an MBA program and hopefully a future job.

I love the outdoors (skiing, backpacking, biking) and thrive better when I am in an environment of teamwork and fun rather than ultra competitive. I know Tuck has great access to the outdoors, and plan to join the MBA soccer team for fun.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello, and thank you for writing! I think that you have the elements of a strong profile, with good academics, progressive and unique work experience, logical goals, and great extracurriculars (FYI, the AdCom will certainly value your D1 athlete status, even though you played only the first two years due to the unfortunate injuries).

It sounds like you potentially could be a very good match for Tuck - I think a key to your candidacy will be executing your application with excellence, which will include getting recommendations that attest to your performance and potential with detailed examples, writing insightful essays, and making a case for why Tuck is a strong match for you professionally and personally. The program greatly values engagement with the school, so make every effort to visit (sign up for the open interview slot on campus early) and talk to students/alumni about their experiences.

I hope that helps a bit! If you'd like to discuss your profile and the application process in more detail, I recommend signing up for a free consultation with me here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Best of luck! :)
Nisha

user123456789 wrote:
Hi all, Tuck is my dream school based on a lot of different factors. I've got a slightly unique background / accomplishments, but I'm not sure how these play into the eyes of an admissions committee. Also, I'm quite interested in finding a good culture fit, seeing as this is what I'll be doing for 2 years or so and I think Tuck would be the ideal place for me. Planning to apply in Consortium Round 1 this fall 2018, matriculating fall 2019. Any and all advice or opinions are welcome as I am still just attempting to figure out how competitive I may be. Thanks in advance for your time and opinions!

Backgound

Sex: Male (26)

Race/Nationality: Hispanic / USA

GMAT: 710 (45Q/42V), IR 8, AWA 6

Undergraduate: GPA - 3.8, Double majored in Business Economics and Management (Average State School)

Graduate School: Masters degree in environmental economics and rural development, Graduated with "Honors", Earned a "Distinction" for my master's thesis (think Oxford, LSE, Cambridge)

Athletics: The reason I went to the average state school was because I was an ESPN All-American at my sport and the school had a great athletic program. I got a full-ride athletic scholarship and was the captain of my Division-1 team. Ranked an ESPN top-10 recruit coming out of high school, but blew out my ankles / achilles / back freshman and sophomore year, and had to re-evaluate my life plan afterwards. This is the area of my background where I have no idea how much value admissions committees will place on my application.

Extra-curriculars: I have volunteered at an urban farm non-profit for a little over a year. The organization is built to teach low-income children from my city about the importance of farming, responsibility, and hard work. I help build chicken coops / greenhouses / community gardens / etc. there when needed, and am now a field trip leader for groups of children who come and visit the farm. I also have volunteered for a couple years at an urban garden center where I help out with distributing plant seeds and transplants for low-income families to grow food for the season each spring.

Work Experience

Current: Active US government security clearance working for a financial regulator in the agriculture industry. I travel around the US visiting and examining agricultural banks to ensure compliance with federal regulations, and provide consultative-like advice on financial issues that are affecting the bank at that time. I've gotten two promotions within three years of working there, and now am in charge of my own bank that has assets over $500MM. I examine all levels of a bank including: governance, capital levels, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, interest rate sensitivity, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc. We work in a project type management structure, so sometimes I am managing between 10-15 people, and other times I am managing no one. Strong performance appraisals throughout my time at the organization.

Past: Before I was at my current job, I interned in the mayor's office of my city (fairly large capital city) doing sustainability work, and I also had an internship the summer between undergrad and grad school where I worked in Central America for a large multinational agricultural company in the corporate social responsibility department.

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: My favorite part of my job is the project management style consultative work we do for the banks we regulate. I'd like to leverage my financial and project management work experience to transition to consulting. Preferably, I'd like to work for a consulting company with a strong agriculture related client base. Also, I'm interested in sustainability and corporate responsibility, so that is something I'm interested in from an MBA program and hopefully a future job.

I love the outdoors (skiing, backpacking, biking) and thrive better when I am in an environment of teamwork and fun rather than ultra competitive. I know Tuck has great access to the outdoors, and plan to join the MBA soccer team for fun.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi All,

Thank you for keeping this group so active and responsive. I am writing for a profile evaluation as well.

Background and nationality: Indian Male (28 years old)

Undergrad Information:
- Graduated from Delhi University in 2010 in B.A. (Hons) Business Economics discipline with Corporate Finance and Economics as majors.

GMAT:
- Current GMAT 670 (Q 46 V36)
- I have already taken an appointment for a test in June. Let us see if I am able to pull my score up

Work experience and leadership: Total work experience of 80 months bifurcated as below:
- 52 Months (Manager, Boutique Investment Bank in New Delhi). Managed to close 4 deals with ticket size between USD 12 - 45 Million. All cross border deals. Currently managing at of 3 (IB teams are really tight). Got promoted twice in 4 years and most recent one in 15 months. The clients in 3 deals were listed companies in US and Brazil with revenue more than USD 1 Billion. While working on projects I also generate revenue for my company. Last year I generated EUR 120,000

- 17 months (Analyst, Corporate Finance (KPMG). Was a part of valuations team for KPMG supporting US and UK clients

- 11 months (Research Analyst, AON). was a part of the consulting operations team which conducted research on various industries

Community and others:
- Was a part of the a rock band at one of previous employers. We raised some donation money via our performances for underprivileged kids
- Part of Rotary club in India and organized various blood donation drives
- Volunteer at a local NGO called society for prevention of cruelty against animals near my house
- Organized multiple CSR activities at past employers

Post MBA goals:

- Short term: work as an associate at a big bulge IB firm with sector (automotive) or geography (emerging markets) focus
- Long term: move towards buy side in a PE or VC firm or work in corporate strategy profile at big conglomerate

Anything else?: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from the institute in Virginia, USA

I know my GMAT is a little low in comparison to Asian (especially to Indian) average, I am working towards improving that right now, but I would appreciate your feedback on rest of my profile.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
VDC
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi VDC - thank you for writing! It's great that you're retaking the GMAT - for Indian male applicants, AdComs have high standards for GMAT so I'd aim for 720+

Regarding the rest of your profile - you have strong and progressive work experience that ties in nicely with your goals, and good extracurricular involvement, which will help your chances with Tuck. A couple of keys to your candidacy: 1. make sure that in your application, you communicate why Tuck is a strong fit for you based on its culture and offerings within/outside of the classroom 2. explain the motivations behind your goals - what do you enjoy about banking/finance and what drives your ST and LT goals? 3. communicate your professional/extracurricular impact on your resume

Hope that helps!
Nisha

VijayDinanathChauhan wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you for keeping this group so active and responsive. I am writing for a profile evaluation as well.

Background and nationality: Indian Male (28 years old)

Undergrad Information:
- Graduated from Delhi University in 2010 in B.A. (Hons) Business Economics discipline with Corporate Finance and Economics as majors.

GMAT:
- Current GMAT 670 (Q 46 V36)
- I have already taken an appointment for a test in June. Let us see if I am able to pull my score up

Work experience and leadership: Total work experience of 80 months bifurcated as below:
- 52 Months (Manager, Boutique Investment Bank in New Delhi). Managed to close 4 deals with ticket size between USD 12 - 45 Million. All cross border deals. Currently managing at of 3 (IB teams are really tight). Got promoted twice in 4 years and most recent one in 15 months. The clients in 3 deals were listed companies in US and Brazil with revenue more than USD 1 Billion. While working on projects I also generate revenue for my company. Last year I generated EUR 120,000

- 17 months (Analyst, Corporate Finance (KPMG). Was a part of valuations team for KPMG supporting US and UK clients

- 11 months (Research Analyst, AON). was a part of the consulting operations team which conducted research on various industries

Community and others:
- Was a part of the a rock band at one of previous employers. We raised some donation money via our performances for underprivileged kids
- Part of Rotary club in India and organized various blood donation drives
- Volunteer at a local NGO called society for prevention of cruelty against animals near my house
- Organized multiple CSR activities at past employers

Post MBA goals:

- Short term: work as an associate at a big bulge IB firm with sector (automotive) or geography (emerging markets) focus
- Long term: move towards buy side in a PE or VC firm or work in corporate strategy profile at big conglomerate

Anything else?: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from the institute in Virginia, USA

I know my GMAT is a little low in comparison to Asian (especially to Indian) average, I am working towards improving that right now, but I would appreciate your feedback on rest of my profile.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
VDC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi Nisha, thank you for your feedback. I forgot to mention one query and it is not a tuck specific query, but a generic one.

By the time I matriculate in any institution next year I’ll be 29. I know age plays a role in MBA but does it play a make or break sort of role ? Especially if one is 27+ ?

Also, are there any b schools which prefer more experienced candidates than rest of the schools do ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM