Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:23 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [0]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,
I this is Indian Male candidate and i got 760 Gmat score with 4+Years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry. I've been working in a public sector company in India. I've been working in different functions like supply and distribution, Planning, Maintenance and Sales departments. apart from my professional experience I've been a national athlete during my schooling and started many sports clubs and been mentoring some of the athletes till date. I need help in which MBA 2YR schools in USA I can aim for with my score and experience? Also being a reapplicant I want to keep my schools realistic this time. Kindly help.. Thankyou
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
00514339 wrote:
Hi,
I this is Indian Male candidate and i got 760 Gmat score with 4+Years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry. I've been working in a public sector company in India. I've been working in different functions like supply and distribution, Planning, Maintenance and Sales departments. apart from my professional experience I've been a national athlete during my schooling and started many sports clubs and been mentoring some of the athletes till date. I need help in which MBA 2YR schools in USA I can aim for with my score and experience? Also being a reapplicant I want to keep my schools realistic this time. Kindly help.. Thankyou

00514339 Hope you are doing great

What schools did you applied to before? Analyzing the responses/results you received from these schools on your previous attempt can give valuable insight. However, given your impressive GMAT score and relevant work experience, I would advise against applying exclusively to safe schools at this time. Your should apply to a good mix of reach and safe schools.

If you received a rejection after being invited to an interview, it's possible that your performance during the interview fell short of expectations. On the other hand, if you were waitlisted or rejected prior to the interview, this indicates that your application (essays and resume) may not have been compelling enough to persuade the admissions committee to invite you for an interview. It is also possible that your previous application was hindered by a lower score.

You did not mention what you aspire to do after the MBA, a critical factor in creating an appropriate list of target schools. With your respectable GMAT score, UCLA, McCombs, Rice, and Duke (though the latter requires exceptionally strong applications) could be considered safe options, especially if you are pursuing opportunities in the O&G/ energy sector within the US. If you're focused on roles in Tech, Tepper is a solid choice. If your ambitions are more toward operational and strategic leadership positions or consulting, Ross is a compelling option. Keep in mind, however, that it's difficult to make accurate recommendations without more insight into your past application.

Hope this article can help you
How to succeed at Top B Schools as a re-applicant

Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ammu100 wrote:
Hi, my name is Aditya from India. and I'm planning to get into a top MBA program in the US. However, I have a major concern in my profile that consistently bothers me. Due to financial difficulties, I was unable to attend any undergraduate college. Consequently, I completed my undergraduate studies from an open university solely for the purpose of obtaining a, without taking it seriously. During that time, I was unsure of my career path and as a result, I achieved a GPA of 2.2 on a 4.0 scale.

Subsequently, I enrolled in a regular MS program and excelled in my department. Additionally, I actively participated in various university-level competitions and secured positions in all of them. I also have a decent involvement in sports as well as representing my state team and currently, I have been working at a startup for the past two years.

I am aware that my profile may be considered average or below average, but I am eager to know my chances of being accepted into top MBA programs. Could you please provide guidance on how I can enhance my profile in the coming one or two years and increase my chances of not only gaining admission to esteemed schools but also securing substantial scholarships. Thank you.

Hi Aditya (@ammu100)! First things first, be confident about your profile! Secondly, you can definitely overcome average academics in a number of ways. Some of them are:

1. Reflect and Identify Areas of Growth - reasons behind average academic performance (such as were your grades consistently low or only in few terms which brought the overall average down)
2. Leverage additional education - You already excelled in MS program. Similarly, you can think of taking additional online courses (which have a good method of evaluating performance i.e. through exams or live projects/assignments)
3. Showcasing professional experience - You can highlight your professional accomplishments

You can visit our blog for detailed insights on "overcoming average academic performance" on our website IVYCRACKERS!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
00514339 wrote:
Hi,

Hi! I believe you have a stellar GMAT score and an experience in an industry which is generally undervalued by candidates themselves ;) . However, the global B-schools really value it. You need to portray your work experience well along with your key accomplishments in personal life. Despite being a re-applicant, I believe you have a real chance to get into top B-schools. You can visit our website "ivycrackers" and we can get in touch, and discuss your profile in detail.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
00514339 wrote:
Hi,

Hey 00514339,

I came across your GMAT query on the forum and thought I'd reach out to offer some assistance from my own experience.

So here is what I found:

Strengths:
➡️ GMAT Score: A 760 GMAT score puts you in an elite category and will definitely grab the attention of admissions committees.

➡️ Industry Experience: The Oil and Gas sector is a bit less typical for MBA applicants, offering you a distinct edge. Your rotation across functions like planning, maintenance, and sales gives you a comprehensive industry view that can be rare.

➡️ Athletic and Community Leadership: Being a national athlete not only showcases physical discipline but also the ability to work in a team. Your ongoing involvement in mentoring athletes adds depth to your profile.

Schools Recommendations:
➡️ Dream: Columbia, Chicago Booth, Tuck
➡️ Competitive: Michigan Ross, Duke Fuqua, and NYU Stern
➡️ Safe: Foster, University of Illinois

Improvements

➡️ Showcase your achievements through quantifiable results in work experience, extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences or CSR activities. Remember that GMAT is just 1/4th of your application and the rest depends on you how you craft a compelling application.

➡️ You may also consider joining professional organizations related to your industry, taking certifications, or leadership roles to show progression since your last application.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

Or you can DM me for help!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello 00514339,

I hope you are doing great. Your profile appears strong, and your GMAT score of 760 is excellent, which will definitely work in your favor when applying to MBA programs. However, it's important to remember that admissions decisions are based on a holistic evaluation of your application, including your academic achievements, work experience, extracurricular activities, and the fit with the school's culture and values.

1. Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College: Given your strong GMAT score and diverse work experience, Tuck is a solid choice. They value candidates with leadership potential, which your national athlete experience and sports club leadership demonstrate.

2. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University: Kellogg is known for its collaborative and diverse culture, which aligns well with your varied work experiences. Your leadership roles and ability to work across functions may appeal to them.

3. Sloan School of Management at MIT: MIT Sloan looks for applicants who are innovative and analytical, and your experience in the Oil and Gas industry might provide a unique perspective. Your GMAT score also aligns well with their expectations.

4. Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago: Booth values academic rigor and data-driven decision-making. Your GMAT score showcases your analytical abilities, and your work experience in different functions could be advantageous.

5. Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University: Cornell Johnson appreciates diversity in its applicant pool. Your background as a national athlete and your work across various functions might make you a strong candidate here.

6. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan: Ross places a strong emphasis on action-based learning and leadership, which aligns with your work experience. Your leadership roles in sports clubs could be highlighted here.

7. Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia: Darden values teamwork and collaboration, which your experience in various functions and your mentoring roles in sports clubs may demonstrate.

Being a reapplicant, make sure to address any weaknesses in your previous application and highlight your growth since then. Tailor your essays and interviews to each school's unique culture and strengths, emphasizing how you can contribute to their community. Finally, ensure your application materials are well-crafted to maximize your chances of acceptance.

Good luck with your MBA application journey!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

00514339 wrote:
Hi,
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello ammu100,

I hope you are doing well. It's clear that you've made significant progress and have a unique background. While your undergraduate GPA may be on the lower side, your achievements during your MS program and your involvement in university-level competitions, sports, and startup work demonstrate growth and potential. Here are some steps you can take to enhance your profile and improve your chances of getting accepted into top MBA programs in the US:

1. Gain Work Experience: Continue working at your startup or explore opportunities that allow you to take on more responsibility and leadership roles. Demonstrating career progression and impact at work can strengthen your MBA application.

2. Academic Achievements: If possible, consider taking additional courses or certifications to demonstrate your academic abilities and commitment to continuous learning. A strong GMAT or GRE score can also help offset a lower undergraduate GPA.

3. Recommendation Letters: Build strong relationships with your current and former supervisors, professors, or colleagues who can write compelling recommendation letters that highlight your skills, accomplishments, and potential.

4. Extracurricular Activities: Continue your involvement in sports and other extracurricular activities, especially if you can take on leadership roles or make a significant impact in these areas.

5. Community Engagement: Show your commitment to making a positive impact on your community or industry through volunteer work, mentorship, or involvement in social initiatives.

6. Clear Career Goals: Develop a clear and well-researched post-MBA career plan. Admissions committees want to see that you have a strong sense of purpose and that their program aligns with your goals.

7. Diversity and Unique Perspective: Emphasize your unique background and experiences, such as your non-traditional academic journey and representation of your state team in sports. Highlight how these experiences have shaped your perspective and will contribute to the MBA program's diversity.

8. Storytelling: Craft a compelling personal statement and application essays that explain your journey, the challenges you've overcome, and why you are a valuable addition to the MBA program. Be honest and authentic in your narrative.

9. Scholarship Applications: Look for MBA scholarships and financial aid opportunities at each school you apply to. Many schools offer scholarships based on merit, so make sure to submit strong application materials.

Remember that while your undergraduate GPA may be a concern, it's just one aspect of your application. Admissions committees also consider your work experience, test scores, extracurricular activities, recommendations, and personal statement. Focus on highlighting your growth, achievements, and potential for future success in your application materials, and you can still be a competitive candidate for top MBA programs and scholarships.

Good luck!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

ammu100 wrote:
Hi, my name is Aditya from India. and I'm planning to get into a top MBA program in the US. However, I have a major concern in my profile that consistently bothers me. Due to financial difficulties, I was unable to attend any undergraduate college. Consequently, I completed my undergraduate studies from an open university solely for the purpose of obtaining a, without taking it seriously. During that time, I was unsure of my career path and as a result, I achieved a GPA of 2.2 on a 4.0 scale.

Subsequently, I enrolled in a regular MS program and excelled in my department. Additionally, I actively participated in various university-level competitions and secured positions in all of them. I also have a decent involvement in sports as well as representing my state team and currently, I have been working at a startup for the past two years.

I am aware that my profile may be considered average or below average, but I am eager to know my chances of being accepted into top MBA programs. Could you please provide guidance on how I can enhance my profile in the coming one or two years and increase my chances of not only gaining admission to esteemed schools but also securing substantial scholarships. Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Experts: Please evaluate my profile below:

I plan to apply to INSEAD, ISB, HEC Paris. Open to other schools too.
GMAT: 700
Q 49, V35, IR 5

(Total 51 months by July 2024)

Professional Summary:
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE): Voltas Limited (Construction) (July 2019-Oct-2020) 15 months
Roles: Project Bidding, Budgeting, Tendering and Estimation

6 month buffer in moving back to India to find jobs in Covid.

Job 2: Consultant (EY) (July 2021)-Present
Engagement 1: Handling the merger of 7 Indian subsidiaries of Tata Steel.
Engagement 2: Handling SAP Projects for a Fortune 500 client (Tata Steel) and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (36 months experience in this job by July '2024).
A total of 51 months of work experience by July 2024.

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Leader (AIESEC)- Partnered with local orgs and helped them raise projects which were worked upon by foreign interns. This helped companies increase their cultural diversity. Projects raised were worth ($20000+)
We organized events themed around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
(Youth Speak Forum-A common platform for college students to interact with industry titans.)
Baalkalakar-Fun day out for kids from local orphanages.

2. Team Lead-ISHRAE-We won a grant ($1500) to design an environment friendly cooling system and created a working prototype. This was from among a team of 100+ teams that applied for the grant throughout the country.

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
EY-Foundation - Mentoring students from underprivileged backgrounds in deciding their future action plans by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce).
Toastmasters International:- Was part of this club while working in Dubai. I do engage with local entities (India) as a part time member.

Educational Summary
Undergrad: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19) from a tier 1 college in India. CGPA 7.96; GPA 3.33. (KIIT Bhubaneswar)
10th (ICSE)-86%
12th (ICSE)-79% (Science)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to generalist roles initially to get an idea of the market.
I look forward to transitioning into senior strategy consulting roles. Operations interest me too.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
scrantonstrangler wrote:
Hello Experts: Please evaluate my profile below:

I plan to apply to INSEAD, ISB, HEC Paris. Open to other schools too.
GMAT: 700
Q 49, V35, IR 5

(Total 51 months by July 2024)

Professional Summary:
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE): Voltas Limited (Construction) (July 2019-Oct-2020) 15 months
Roles: Project Bidding, Budgeting, Tendering and Estimation

6 month buffer in moving back to India to find jobs in Covid.

Job 2: Consultant (EY) (July 2021)-Present
Engagement 1: Handling the merger of 7 Indian subsidiaries of Tata Steel.
Engagement 2: Handling SAP Projects for a Fortune 500 client (Tata Steel) and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (36 months experience in this job by July '2024).
A total of 51 months of work experience by July 2024.

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Leader (AIESEC)- Partnered with local orgs and helped them raise projects which were worked upon by foreign interns. This helped companies increase their cultural diversity. Projects raised were worth ($20000+)
We organized events themed around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
(Youth Speak Forum-A common platform for college students to interact with industry titans.)
Baalkalakar-Fun day out for kids from local orphanages.

2. Team Lead-ISHRAE-We won a grant ($1500) to design an environment friendly cooling system and created a working prototype. This was from among a team of 100+ teams that applied for the grant throughout the country.

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
EY-Foundation - Mentoring students from underprivileged backgrounds in deciding their future action plans by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce).
Toastmasters International:- Was part of this club while working in Dubai. I do engage with local entities (India) as a part time member.

Educational Summary
Undergrad: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19) from a tier 1 college in India. CGPA 7.96; GPA 3.33. (KIIT Bhubaneswar)
10th (ICSE)-86%
12th (ICSE)-79% (Science)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to generalist roles initially to get an idea of the market.
I look forward to transitioning into senior strategy consulting roles. Operations interest me too.

👋 Hey scrantonstrangler,

Here is a detailed profile evaluation for you!

Holistic Experience: The shift from engineering in Dubai to consulting at EY is impactful 🔍. Successfully merging 7 Tata Steel subsidiaries and driving 10% savings showcases adaptability and prowess 📈.

Fast-Track Growth: Rapid promotions at EY in 18 months signal professional excellence 🚀.

Extracurriculars: Leadership in AIESEC, raising $20,000+ 🤝 and the eco-friendly cooling project at ISHRAE, are testament to your proactive nature 🍃.

School Suggestions:
➡️ Dream: INSEAD, HEC Paris, Wharton, ISB, UCLA 🌟
➡️ Competitive: Duke, NYU Stern, USC Marshall 🏆
➡️ Safe: Foster, Sunny Buffalo, University of Illinois 🛡️

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

👉 Click Here to Set-Up a FREE Call 👈
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
My question - I'd want to know if I have chance of making it to Tuck (preferably with a scholarship). I don't have enough money to apply to many schools.

Indian, Male, 29 yo
Score: 730 GMAT
Pre-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA industry: Health Care (preferably but flexible)
Work Exp: >5 years in total till now, aiming for 2024 intake
1. Experience Associate at PwC (present)
2. Demand Planning Manager (Cipla, Indian pharma)
3. Consultant (Bristlecone, digital supply chain consulting)

Education: Both prestigious Indian schools
1. MiM, IIT Bombay - 7.5/10 (good extracurricular)
2. B.Tech., NIT Jalandhar - 6.75/10 (good extracurricular)

Extracurricular:
1. Pro-bono consulting in marketing for a startup that sells women's hygiene products
2. Volunteering at an NGO involved in sustainability

Looking for: Want to join LDP, Biz Dev, Corporate Strategy, or consulting (preference in this order)

Thanks a lot!

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello 1124816,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile seems competitive for admission to the Tuck School of Business, but remember that admissions decisions are based on a holistic evaluation of your application, and scholarships can be highly competitive. Regarding your academics, a GMAT score of 730 is quite strong and should be competitive at Tuck. Graduating from prestigious Indian institutions like IIT Bombay and NIT Jalandhar adds credibility to your application.

Coming to your work experience, you have over 5 years of work experience, including consulting experience at PwC, which is a well-regarded firm. Your diverse work experience is a positive factor. Try highlighting any unique aspects of your background, experiences, or perspectives that contribute to diversity and inclusion within the Tuck community. Your involvement in pro-bono consulting and volunteering shows a commitment to making a positive impact, which business schools like Tuck value.

Your post-MBA career goals align with Tuck's strengths in areas like consulting and corporate strategy, which can be an advantage in your application.

To improve your chances of securing a scholarship and admission to Tuck, consider the following:

1. Application Essays: Craft compelling essays that explain your unique background, experiences, and why Tuck is the right fit for you. Emphasize how you can contribute to the Tuck community.

2. Letters of Recommendation: Obtain strong letters of recommendation highlighting your skills, achievements, and potential for success in an MBA program.

3. Financial Aid/Scholarship Application: Make sure to apply for any available scholarships or financial aid. Be diligent in researching and applying for external scholarships as well.

Remember that competition for scholarships can be tough, so it's advisable to also consider other funding options, such as external scholarships, sponsorships from employers, and financial aid. Make sure to apply strategically to a mix of MBA programs to increase your chances of acceptance and financial support.

Good luck with your application to Tuck and your pursuit of an MBA!

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission and scholarship to Tuck Business school.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

1124816 wrote:
My question - I'd want to know if I have chance of making it to Tuck (preferably with a scholarship). I don't have enough money to apply to many schools.

Indian, Male, 29 yo
Score: 730 GMAT
Pre-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA industry: Health Care (preferably but flexible)
Work Exp: >5 years in total till now, aiming for 2024 intake
1. Experience Associate at PwC (present)
2. Demand Planning Manager (Cipla, Indian pharma)
3. Consultant (Bristlecone, digital supply chain consulting)

Education: Both prestigious Indian schools
1. MiM, IIT Bombay - 7.5/10 (good extracurricular)
2. B.Tech., NIT Jalandhar - 6.75/10 (good extracurricular)

Extracurricular:
1. Pro-bono consulting in marketing for a startup that sells women's hygiene products
2. Volunteering at an NGO involved in sustainability

Looking for: Want to join LDP, Biz Dev, Corporate Strategy, or consulting (preference in this order)

Thanks a lot!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am aware that my profile is fairly average but would still appreciate some feed

Background and nationality: Indian, male, age 29
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering from a top public university in India (Nationally, ranked 10th in engineering)
GPA: 7.53/10, roughly translates to 3.33/4
GRE (323 160 Q, 163 V) I underperformed on the day and have a retake scheduled this week
Looking to join an MBA program in August 2024
Already applied to: Emory Goizueta, Georgetown McDonough, Cambridge Judge
Other Shortlisted Schools: Oxford Said, Cornell Johnson, Dartmouth Tuck, NYU Stern, UNC Kenan Flagler

Work Experience and Leadership (~6.5 yrs at time of joining program):

3 years at a major US digital marketing agency where I was part of a founding team that helped set up a service delivery centre in India for the agency. Led a significant amount of knowledge transfer from international teams to set up the practice. Led discovery sessions and requirements gathering for every new client the Indian business unit onboarded for the marketing platforms practice for the first six months. Onboarded roughly 15 accounts in total over this period and trained 70+ new joiners. Worked directly with business unit head in talent acquisition- screening, managing job posts, ATS, and vendors (job portals, hiring agencies). Headcount grew from 4 to 200 in 6 months, interviewed hundreds of candidates and filled 80+ open positions. Was the lead consultant on several client accounts with demonstrated impact on business KPIs like engagement, conversions and CAC

Close to 3 years at Goldman Sachs working in the Asset Management marketing team. Led go-to-market activities on digital channels for 7 ETFs, managed performance marketing campaigns targeted at fund distributors, institutional investors and family offices that led to gross sales of over $476 mn, led a 25 member team for post-merger integration workstreams for platform integrations, rebranding, website reskinning, rebranding of over 370 funds. I also lead the SEO function within Asset Management Marketing. My role involves a lot of cross functional collaboration across sales, tech, portfolio managers, investment and product strategists. I am also directly exposed to the investment research and thought leadership that is produced by the investing teams as that is a key component of our marketing messaging.

I also lead the mentorship program for the entire Asset Management marketing team (roughly 80 people) under direct supervision of the Asset Management CMO.

I led 3 person team to regional finals of Analyst Impact Fund, where teams identify nonprofits that are tackling global challenges and pitch innovative solutions to the firm’s leadership.

Older experience:

After junior year in college interned at an Indian NGO called Goonj where I did fieldwork in rural India, directly mobilizing 150 individuals for rural development projects such as canal digging, shed construction, cultivating a school kitchen garden. Built a lead list for fundraising. Organized collection camps that raised over 1 metric tonne of material and $24,000 in monetary contributions. Worked directly with organization leadership to launch a range of upcylced products to monetize surplus material by producing and marketing a range of upcycled sustainable lifestyle products (bags, accessories). Set up kiosks at collection drives, earned $1200 gross sales in pilot.

Post MBA goals: Long term is to set up a PE firm focused on deploying growth equity in India. Short term is to transition from Asset Management marketing to a more core finance role in IB, preferably in FSG an group. Currently networking within GS across Global Banking & Markets and Asset & Wealth Management and self-learning to prepare for the transition. Looking for a pre-MBA internship and am actively reaching out to people in my network to help land a role. Would appreciate any information around how to secure a pre-MBA internship that can help my transition.

Anything else?
Organizer of film festival at university
Co-founded graphic design and creative club in high school

Many thanks for your consideration
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
smukherjee42 wrote:
I am aware that my profile is fairly average but would still appreciate some feed

Background and nationality: Indian, male, age 29
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering from a top public university in India (Nationally, ranked 10th in engineering)
GPA: 7.53/10, roughly translates to 3.33/4
GRE (323 160 Q, 163 V) I underperformed on the day and have a retake scheduled this week
Looking to join an MBA program in August 2024
Already applied to: Emory Goizueta, Georgetown McDonough, Cambridge Judge
Other Shortlisted Schools: Oxford Said, Cornell Johnson, Dartmouth Tuck, NYU Stern, UNC Kenan Flagler

Work Experience and Leadership (~6.5 yrs at time of joining program):

3 years at a major US digital marketing agency where I was part of a founding team that helped set up a service delivery centre in India for the agency. Led a significant amount of knowledge transfer from international teams to set up the practice. Led discovery sessions and requirements gathering for every new client the Indian business unit onboarded for the marketing platforms practice for the first six months. Onboarded roughly 15 accounts in total over this period and trained 70+ new joiners. Worked directly with business unit head in talent acquisition- screening, managing job posts, ATS, and vendors (job portals, hiring agencies). Headcount grew from 4 to 200 in 6 months, interviewed hundreds of candidates and filled 80+ open positions. Was the lead consultant on several client accounts with demonstrated impact on business KPIs like engagement, conversions and CAC

Close to 3 years at Goldman Sachs working in the Asset Management marketing team. Led go-to-market activities on digital channels for 7 ETFs, managed performance marketing campaigns targeted at fund distributors, institutional investors and family offices that led to gross sales of over $476 mn, led a 25 member team for post-merger integration workstreams for platform integrations, rebranding, website reskinning, rebranding of over 370 funds. I also lead the SEO function within Asset Management Marketing. My role involves a lot of cross functional collaboration across sales, tech, portfolio managers, investment and product strategists. I am also directly exposed to the investment research and thought leadership that is produced by the investing teams as that is a key component of our marketing messaging.

I also lead the mentorship program for the entire Asset Management marketing team (roughly 80 people) under direct supervision of the Asset Management CMO.

I led 3 person team to regional finals of Analyst Impact Fund, where teams identify nonprofits that are tackling global challenges and pitch innovative solutions to the firm’s leadership.

Older experience:

After junior year in college interned at an Indian NGO called Goonj where I did fieldwork in rural India, directly mobilizing 150 individuals for rural development projects such as canal digging, shed construction, cultivating a school kitchen garden. Built a lead list for fundraising. Organized collection camps that raised over 1 metric tonne of material and $24,000 in monetary contributions. Worked directly with organization leadership to launch a range of upcylced products to monetize surplus material by producing and marketing a range of upcycled sustainable lifestyle products (bags, accessories). Set up kiosks at collection drives, earned $1200 gross sales in pilot.

Post MBA goals: Long term is to set up a PE firm focused on deploying growth equity in India. Short term is to transition from Asset Management marketing to a more core finance role in IB, preferably in FSG an group. Currently networking within GS across Global Banking & Markets and Asset & Wealth Management and self-learning to prepare for the transition. Looking for a pre-MBA internship and am actively reaching out to people in my network to help land a role. Would appreciate any information around how to secure a pre-MBA internship that can help my transition.

Anything else?
Organizer of film festival at university
Co-founded graphic design and creative club in high school

Many thanks for your consideration

👋 Hey smukherjee42,

I came across your profile evaluation query on the forum and thought I'd reach out to offer some assistance from my own experience.

So here is what I would suggest:

Your profile showcases a robust blend of experiences that span across sectors like digital marketing and asset management, which lends uniqueness to your application. Here's a deeper look into the elements of your profile:

Strengths:

➡️ Diverse Experience 🌐: Your work in digital marketing and at Goldman Sachs offers a comprehensive understanding of both the marketing and financial sectors. Setting up a service delivery center and engaging in significant client onboarding at the marketing agency is a strong point.

➡️ Leadership and Impact 🚀: Leading the go-to-market strategies for ETFs at Goldman Sachs, managing performance marketing campaigns, and being responsible for significant gross sales are substantial achievements. Your leadership role in post-merger integration and SEO function further fortifies this.

➡️ Community and Social Initiatives 🌍: Your internship at Goonj and the tangible impacts you created in rural India adds depth and showcases your commitment to community development.

➡️ Extracurricular Activities 🎨: The involvement in the film festival at university and co-founding a graphic design club demonstrates creativity and initiative beyond work.

Areas of Improvement & Detailed Suggestions:

➡️ GRE Score Enhancement 📈: While 323 is a decent score, bumping it up to 330+ can enhance the application, especially given the competitive demographic.
➡️ Example: Allocate focused hours for GRE prep, particularly for the Quant section. Engage in mock tests and time-bound problem-solving.

➡️ Clear Transition Plan 🔍: Clarify and substantiate your short-term goal to transition into IB. Articulate how an MBA will facilitate this transition and why it's crucial for your long-term vision.
➡️ Example: Seek feedback from industry professionals to understand the critical skills required in IB and how an MBA can bridge your existing skills with the desired ones.

➡️ Pre-MBA Internship 🏢: Given your long-term goal of setting up a PE firm, gaining experience in private equity, even if it's a short stint, can be beneficial.
➡️ Example: Connect with PE professionals on LinkedIn, express your aspirations, and seek advice or opportunities for pre-MBA internships.

Relevant Schools 🏫:

➡️ Dream: Cornell, Kellogg, Tuck.
➡️ Competitive: NYU Stern, Duke Fuqua, USC Marshall, UNC.
➡️ Safe: Emory Goizueta, Foster, Georgetown McDonough.

Your aspirations to set up a PE firm focusing on growth equity in India align well with your background and experiences. With a well-articulated narrative and strong application elements, your profile holds promise for several top-tier MBA programs.

Or DM for help!

👉 Click Here to Schedule a FREE Call 👈
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619311 [0]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Tuck Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.