Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Tuck vs Cambridge Judge

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q37 V43
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q37 V43
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Tuck vs Cambridge Judge [#permalink]
Dear BB,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Your message has been so helpful that I am still discussing it with my family.
I can't thank you enough.
Thank you again.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Out of curiosity, what have you decided? Tuck is a tier above Judge imo and despite the visa issues, it could set you up better than a Judge MBA. The Tuck network being older and more tight knit could potentially help you with European jobs as well. How is the Tuck network in your home country?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi, having gone to a few Tuck events in London, the network is small, but it seems to be quite supportive.

I think if you're planning to do a few years in the US after graduation, Tuck would be the one to go for. It has a strong brand there and could land you a good job - you can then use the job as a platform back into Europe if that's what you're after. I would speak to alums and current students that currently work or are planning to work in Europe and get a sense of the brand, community etc. Cast the net wide.

It also depends on the type of work you want to do post-MBA. If it's MBB/other strat consulting/IB/VC, people will probably know of Tuck. If you're looking at start-ups/niche career options, I'm not so sure if people will recognise Tuck.

Cambridge is also obviously cheaper. Again, speak with Cambridge alums to get an idea of experience etc. I've always thought that one year programmes might be a little rushed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
I would choose Tuck. As you mentioned you are 25 with 4 years of experience, Tuck makes more sense as it provides you an opportunity for the internship as compared to Cambridge one year mba. One year mba is for more experienced folks who are looking to accelerate in their career.

Having lived in US and seen the visa issues from close quarter, I can tell you the H1-B work visa depends on your luck. Most of the people are able to get the visa but there are unlucky folks who return back as well. Moreover, Tuck MBA is not a STEM program, which provides you the cushion of OPT - a temporary work authorization for couple of years. As others have suggested, I would talk to current alumni and keep in mind the worst case scenario of returning back, if no H1-B is issued and make decision accordingly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
VPGMAT wrote:
I would choose Tuck. As you mentioned you are 25 with 4 years of experience, Tuck makes more sense as it provides you an opportunity for the internship as compared to Cambridge one year mba. One year mba is for more experienced folks who are looking to accelerate in their career.

Having lived in US and seen the visa issues from close quarter, I can tell you the H1-B work visa depends on your luck. Most of the people are able to get the visa but there are unlucky folks who return back as well. Moreover, Tuck MBA is not a STEM program, which provides you the cushion of OPT - a temporary work authorization for couple of years. As others have suggested, I would talk to current alumni and keep in mind the worst case scenario of returning back, if no H1-B is issued and make decision accordingly.

While Tuck is not a STEM program, you'll still 1 year of OPT with Tuck. H1B work visa does come down to luck but even after getting through the lottery, things have gotten tougher under the current administration.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1132 posts