Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Tuck vs Fuqua vs SOM [#permalink]
i have strong bias towards tuck so take my opinion with grain of salt but lot of the VC's from tuck actually care about reputation and are more receptive to Tuck students and also there's student club/ small VC organization in hanover run entirely by tuck students. So exposure and opportunities are there, Yale is another great fit and same with Fuqua. Visit the campus, you can probably fly to boston or new york and get a rental and visit all three schools. Fuqua is bit far but you can take train there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
In my opinion, VC will be very tough to crack, specially as an international student. Neither of these 3 schools stand out in that field. I think you should probably choose based on your backup career option and school culture you’d enjoy most.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
stoiczoan wrote:
In my opinion, VC will be very tough to crack, specially as an international student. Neither of these 3 schools stand out in that field. I think you should probably choose based on your backup career option and school culture you’d enjoy most.

Very good point! In addition due to change and new perspective, many change their target industry first or second year so you don’t want to pigeonhole yourself.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
stoiczoan wrote:

I second that these 3 schools don’t have a strong presence in VC. One major hurdle that internationals face is the sponsorship issues as VC firms dont hire more than 2-3 per class and if they lose out on even 1 candidate due to visa issues; they won’t like it. Another consideration is that VC is all about networking and contacts. So choose a school that has a bigger/greater alumni presence in VC.

Final consideration is that major VC firms are in SF and thus you need to tailor your story about why SF in addition to why VC during your conversations. Start early and start strong by working on these connections. VC is a closed industry and thus be patient.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts