Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which one for post-grad consulting career?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Tuck vs NYU vs Cornell ($$) vs Goizueta [#permalink]
One more for Tuck. The consulting placement will be considerably better.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone for the votes and suggestions. I'm leaning towards Tuck strongly too so thank you for the affirmation. I just got an offer to UCLA with 40K scholarship - does that change the group sentiment at all? I see that UCLA might have an edge for tech but what about for general consulting?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tuck vs NYU vs Cornell ($$) vs Goizueta [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MBAMan2019 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the votes and suggestions. I'm leaning towards Tuck strongly too so thank you for the affirmation. I just got an offer to UCLA with 40K scholarship - does that change the group sentiment at all? I see that UCLA might have an edge for tech but what about for general consulting?

Congrats on UCLA Admit. I would not favor Anderson program even with 40K vs. Tuck unless you want to be in SoCal after you graduate (e.g. you are from there, etc). Anderson does not have good on campus recruiting and definitely nothing like Tuck would have with companies coming on campus and reaching out to the students. For consulting and esp Good consulting jobs, rank matters and esp if you need a good internship coming from a non-consulting background.

Also, Tuck as a program has a great community and very tight (though remote); Anderson will have a heavy SoCal vibe (convertibles, shorts, night clubs - if that's your type of thing, then I would definitely consider Andrson as Tuck will have none of these :cool: )

Being Canadian, is your life a bit easier with H1B/Work permit/Visa fun?

Originally posted by bb on 18 Dec 2018, 21:17.
Last edited by bb on 18 Dec 2018, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Edit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
MBAMan2019 wrote:

Congrats on UCLA Admit. I would not favor Anderson program even with 40K vs. Tuck unless you want to be in SoCal after you graduate (e.g. you are from there, etc). Anderson does not have good on campus recruiting and definitely nothing like Tuck would have with companies coming on campus and reaching out to the students. For consulting and esp Good consulting jobs, rank matters and esp if you need a good internship coming from a non-consulting background.

Also, Tuck as a program has a great community and very tight (though remote); Anderson will have a heavy SoCal vibe (convertibles, shorts, night clubs - if that's your type of thing, then I would definitely consider Andrson as Tuck will have none of these :cool: )

Being Canadian, is your life a bit easier with H1B/Work permit/Visa fun?

Thanks for the insight into recruitment! Yes I was definitely attracted to the California sun (being from the frigid North lol) but definitely not priority enough to choose over a better education.

And yes I waited an extra year in Canada so I can get my citizenship application going before leaving for the US. I hear it's really a struggle with the H1B otherwise!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts