It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 09:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA-Anderson Class of 2017 - Admitted Students

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 131

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA-Anderson Class of 2017 - Admitted Students [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2015, 09:17
Yes I have. But its too offical :-D :-D

Also MBAreapplicant84 can you tell me when and how does one apply for no cosigner loans offered by Anderson?

MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
avik629 wrote:
Anyone started a whatsapp group yet?

Have you joined the Facebook group? I think they were talking about starting a GroupMe group.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 210

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2015, 09:26
avik629 wrote:
Yes I have. But its too offical :-D :-D

Also MBAreapplicant84 can you tell me when and how does one apply for no cosigner loans offered by Anderson?

MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
avik629 wrote:
Anyone started a whatsapp group yet?

Have you joined the Facebook group? I think they were talking about starting a GroupMe group.

I am not sure. I would recommend contacting the financial aid office and asking. You can either email the general MBA Admissions team, mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu, or you can ask Ji Choi, the Director of Financial Aid, ji.choi@anderson.ucla.edu. Sorry I couldn't answer your questions directly here.

My MBA blog: http://www.mbaafterlife.com/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamjameskenichi
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jameskhuntington

Current Student

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2015, 09:42
Okay. Another question. Where do I get information regarding documents/requirements I need to fullfill to get an i20 for visa processing?

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2015, 09:49
avik629 wrote:
Okay. Another question. Where do I get information regarding documents/requirements I need to fullfill to get an i20 for visa processing?

Unfortunately I am not an international student, so I am definitely not the best resource for this. Shoot me an email, james.huntington.2016@anderson.ucla.edu, and I will put you in touch with someone that may be able to help you out a little more.

My MBA blog: http://www.mbaafterlife.com/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamjameskenichi
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jameskhuntington

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 05:47
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to all my potential classmates. Look forward to meeting everyone on Admit day weekend :)

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 8

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [3] , given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Anderson '16 (M)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 17:40
This post received
KUDOS
First of all, I'd like to congratulate all of you! Anderson is a great school and the best decision I've made - I hope you'll make the same decision. As an international, I'm here to answer any questions that Internationals have that James (@MBAreapplicant84) might not able to answer and any other Anderson related questions as well.

Avik - I hope you've got the information regarding the i20, if not please visit the admit central page for international students. Once you accept, pay the deposit, and complete the Statement of Intent to Register someone from the admissions team will contact you for further details.

Once again, Congratulations to all of you! We hope to see you'll at A-Days in April or in the fall quarter.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 02:57
This post received
KUDOS
justindeniese wrote:
First of all, I'd like to congratulate all of you! Anderson is a great school and the best decision I've made - I hope you'll make the same decision. As an international, I'm here to answer any questions that Internationals have that James (@MBAreapplicant84) might not able to answer and any other Anderson related questions as well.

Avik - I hope you've got the information regarding the i20, if not please visit the admit central page for international students. Once you accept, pay the deposit, and complete the Statement of Intent to Register someone from the admissions team will contact you for further details.

Once again, Congratulations to all of you! We hope to see you'll at A-Days in April or in the fall quarter.

Hi!

Thanks for offering to help! I first thought I would PM you but I figure this is a question that a lot of internationals may have.

Is there any information on what industries and companies are happy to hire internationals? I have a good feel for this already, and I know my dream job is open to internationals, but it would be great to get a comprehensive list/data. If this is something you can't provide to us out here on a forum, is such data at least available to you as a student? With 84% of internationals getting an offer 3 months after graduation, you really don't want to end up as part of that 16%, and to that end I would like to cast a wide net in parallel to targeting my dream job to make sure I have a contingency or two.

If anyone is interested in this topic, one piece of really handy information I found (though completely off-topic in the sense that it is not UCLA) was from UNC. They have put up an excel file with a line for each student (anonymous obviously, without names) showing where they did their internship / got their job and you can filter by work authorization status to get a feel for what companies are happy to have us.

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 13:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hey fedp,

So there is no "official" list because some companies that do not traditionally hire internationals will still hire you if they think that you're a really good fit for them. Yes, fit still matters even here!

With regard to industries, 99% of the industries do hire internationals - As far as I know, Aerospace and Defense is the only industry that is completely off limits for us. The energy and wine industry are also somewhat difficult for internationals to enter - Unless you're French, then the wine people want you!

Lastly, don't worry too much about the 16%. A lot of the internationals are sponsored by their companies and so do not look for jobs and the 16% comprises mostly of them. The 16% also comprises internationals that have not responded back to the survey about where they are working. I'm not trying to paint a false picture that everyone gets recruited, but rest assured you will be hired and the Parker CMC will do everything they can to help you out.

On a side note - I encourage everyone, not just internationals, targeting Management Consulting and iBanking to have a backup because of how competitive these two fields are.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 13:34
justindeniese wrote:
Hey fedp,

So there is no "official" list because some companies that do not traditionally hire internationals will still hire you if they think that you're a really good fit for them. Yes, fit still matters even here!

With regard to industries, 99% of the industries do hire internationals - As far as I know, Aerospace and Defense is the only industry that is completely off limits for us. The energy and wine industry are also somewhat difficult for internationals to enter - Unless you're French, then the wine people want you!

Lastly, don't worry too much about the 16%. A lot of the internationals are sponsored by their companies and so do not look for jobs and the 16% comprises mostly of them. The 16% also comprises internationals that have not responded back to the survey about where they are working. I'm not trying to paint a false picture that everyone gets recruited, but rest assured you will be hired and the Parker CMC will do everything they can to help you out.

On a side note - I encourage everyone, not just internationals, targeting Management Consulting and iBanking to have a backup because of how competitive these two fields are.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!

Hey,

Thanks for your input! It's a little different to everything I have heard thus far, but hey I can only wish you are right. This is a sore spot for me because I felt like a third-class citizen after finishing my undergrad in the UK where the number of firms I could apply to as an international was extremely limited. I realize the US is not like that, that's why I am going to the US for my MBA =) However, I have heard plenty of things like marketing is off limits to internationals, PE and VC is ultra-competitive but even more so for internationals to the point of being off limits, etc etc.

I realize there is no formal concrete list but it would have been good to have a list of employers that hired at least one international or something like that, some schools have that. For example I have no idea if an international could be hired by Tesla, or say Paramount or MGM, but would be genuinely interested to find out.

With regards to the 16% though, I do want to point out that is 16% after accounting for those that have not responded and those that are sponsored (I got the numbers from the employment report, if I misunderstood something let me know!). The reports says 113 internationals, 80 seeking employment, 31 not seeking (sponsored, starting a business etc) 2 no info. Of those 80, 67 got offers 3 months after graduation and 65 accepted, so I used 67/80 to get 84%.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 14:21
This post received
KUDOS
Hey fedp,

Sent you a PM, do check it out and let me know if you still have any questions. Just a clarification to everyone - Marketing, PE and VC are not off limits to internationals. They might be difficult to get into, but that's for everyone in general.

If there are still more questions, please let me know. I know how difficult it can be for internationals as very few come for A-Days and get to experience Anderson first hand. But with regard to jobs, the Parker CMC at Anderson does its best to ensure everyone has one - In fact, for the past couple of years Anderson has had a 100% placement record for internships and most internships are converted full times.

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 01:26
justindeniese wrote:
Hey fedp,

Sent you a PM, do check it out and let me know if you still have any questions. Just a clarification to everyone - Marketing, PE and VC are not off limits to internationals. They might be difficult to get into, but that's for everyone in general.

If there are still more questions, please let me know. I know how difficult it can be for internationals as very few come for A-Days and get to experience Anderson first hand. But with regard to jobs, the Parker CMC at Anderson does its best to ensure everyone has one - In fact, for the past couple of years Anderson has had a 100% placement record for internships and most internships are converted full times.

Thanks a lot! You've been a huge help!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE: General Management (Health Care)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 11:45
This post received
KUDOS
avik629 I love your tenacity dude! The sheer number of schools you applied to is impressive!!

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 11:46
Hi fellow admits,

My name is Arshad and I just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. Maybe it's just my excitement talking, but Congrats to all fellow admits!!!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:29
arshad88 wrote:
Hi fellow admits,

My name is Arshad and I just wanted to introduce myself on this thread. Maybe it's just my excitement talking, but Congrats to all fellow admits!!!!

Thanks, and congrats to you too!

I saw you on some other threads and kept wanting to ask: when did you sit the GMAT and get 750, i.e. month/year?

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:31
fedp wrote:
arshad88 wrote:
Hi fellow admits,

Thanks, and congrats to you too!

I saw you on some other threads and kept wanting to ask: when did you sit the GMAT and get 750, i.e. month/year?

Thanks!

Sep/2014

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:36
arshad88 wrote:

Thanks!

Sep/2014

Thanks! It's amazing how much volatility there is in the GMAT scoring algorithm from year to year.

Have you decided which school you are going to yet?

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:40
fedp wrote:
arshad88 wrote:

Thanks!

Sep/2014

Thanks! It's amazing how much volatility there is in the GMAT scoring algorithm from year to year.

Have you decided which school you are going to yet?

True dat! I've seen way too many 760s and two 790s this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately no, I've not yet decided. Will decide by the end of next week I guess. It all comes down to the finances for me. Speaking of which , did you get any $$$ from Anderson?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:52
arshad88 wrote:

Unfortunately no, I've not yet decided. Will decide by the end of next week I guess. It all comes down to the finances for me. Speaking of which , did you get any $$$ from Anderson?

Yeah, plus if you Google "Q49 V42" you will see that some got 720 and some got 750! Likewise for pretty much any other combo of Q/V.

Nope, Anderson did not offer any financial aid with my offer. Unfortunately I applied with my first GMAT score because that was the only one I had time for prior to the R2 deadline (the wait for a GMAT test date in Moscow is like 2.5 months! I almost thought why do I need business school, I'll just open a test center! heh)

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 13:56
fedp wrote:
arshad88 wrote:

Yeah, plus if you Google "Q49 V42" you will see that some got 720 and some got 750! Likewise for pretty much any other combo of Q/V.

Nope, Anderson did not offer any financial aid with my offer. Unfortunately I applied with my first GMAT score because that was the only one I had time for prior to the R2 deadline (the wait for a GMAT test date in Moscow is like 2.5 months! I almost thought why do I need business school, I'll just open a test center! heh)

Haha! Anyways, I assume you have chosen Anderson, or are there any Round 3 dark horses?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2015, 14:16
arshad88 wrote:

Haha! Anyways, I assume you have chosen Anderson, or are there any Round 3 dark horses?

Well I did apply to a few schools in R3, given that the deadlines for many schools were before the decision dates of R2, so it was either apply or risk not getting in anywhere (small chance, but not one I was willing to take). I can't say I'm excited by any of the R3 schools as much as I am by Anderson though! Nevertheless, you said the key word: finances. Did Booth or Anderson or Said offer anything?

Re: UCLA-Anderson Class of 2017 - Admitted Students   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2015, 14:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 65 posts ]