Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Urgent Help Needed [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Do you have a set process for CR and SC? Like with CR, you start with the question, analyze the argument, re-read the question, eliminate wrong answer choices? The more you have a set process that you can follow successfully the less you end up wondering if you are going wrong.

Mentally, you have to trust yourself and the process. Learn how to speak the language of the GMAT. What I mean is when you work through practice CR and SC problems, go back and review them thoroughly - both the questions you got right and wrong. If you get something wrong, don't read through the explanation and say "ok - I got it". Immediately go back to the problem and see if you can get it correct for yourself. If you can, read just enough of the explanation to give you a clue and go back and work through the problem. As you slowly and methodically work yourself through lots of problems like this you start to see how the GMAT "thinks".

Once you understand how the GMAT works on SC/CR, just trust yourself and stay true to your process and you'll be ok.

KW
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Urgent Help Needed [#permalink]
Thanks a lot. I generally try to follow the fixed paradigm for cr and sc but in long cr and sc i get lost in the details. I dont know how to avoid that habit. Would you please share some good strategy flashcards or ppt which can be handy. Or else if you share some questions and i would tell you my thought flow. Thanks again
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Urgent Help Needed [#permalink]
WINGMAT1234 wrote:
Hi
I dont know where to start. In Dec 2014 I wanted to write my debrief but got only 600 in GMAT 47 Q and 27V. I was determined to get a good score and worked hard during my busy work schedule studiying for hours and hours. Scheduled my GMAT in Sept 2015 got only 580 49 Q and 20 V. I was really dissapointed. Believe me I was shattered as I came out of the test venue. I studies again with the resources and gave MGMAT prep test in Nov end got 670 47 Q and 34 V. I gave the Gmatprep on dec 17th and got 660 47 Q and 34 V. But today on 19th Dec i got only 590. Now I really want to get a very good score and I am ready to leave my job for that. Everyday seems to be difficult because I feel myself to be a non performer. Please help me out for working out and getting a good score. I would like to highlight the material finished by me
OG VERBAL GUIDE
OG 2013
MGMAT SC
POWERSCORE CR
MAGOOSH VERBAL
OG 2016
ARISTOTLE COMPLETE
CRACKVERBAL GMAT

Please do reply and help me.

Thanks

Hey,

When are you planning to re-take the exam? If you have a few months to study, then here is a customized 2-3 month study plan that can help boost your score: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... study-plan

Use this as a guideline. You don’t have to follow it exactly but the structure of the study plan should be the same structure that you take in your approach. This helps to optimize your retention and learning.

As you study, we recommend that you focus on one particular subsection for multiple consecutive days before moving onto the next. You can see this in our study plan where we recommend 5 days on nothing but SC -- before moving onto CR and then RC.

Here is a sample SC video to help you start your journey: https://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... ythons.mp4
GMAT Club Bot
Urgent Help Needed [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13958 posts