GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 10:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 06:30
Dear reader,
I have been admitted to UT McCombs, Georgetown McDonough and IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Programme.

My past experiences have been in a global power equipment manufacturing company working across Budgeting, Product Development and Strategy over a period of 5.5 years.
Post MBA, I wish to work in Strategy with a global player in tech./ technology (product) start-up.

I have the following queries:
1) Which school is the best option amongst the three?
2) IIM-A PGPX is often considered the best school in India, and amongst top 5 in Asia. Is it a better option for long term growth across global market?

You feedback will be of immense help to me.
Thank you so much!

regards,
Rahul
VP
VP
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 07:52
rg2014 wrote:
Dear reader,
I have been admitted to UT McCombs, Georgetown McDonough and IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Programme.

My past experiences have been in a global power equipment manufacturing company working across Budgeting, Product Development and Strategy over a period of 5.5 years.
Post MBA, I wish to work in Strategy with a global player in tech./ technology (product) start-up.

I have the following queries:
1) Which school is the best option amongst the three?
2) IIM-A PGPX is often considered the best school in India, and amongst top 5 in Asia. Is it a better option for long term growth across global market?

You feedback will be of immense help to me.
Thank you so much!

regards,
Rahul

I'll reserve comment on IIM-A, since I do not have any understanding of that program.

Between McCombs and McDonough, McCombs wins by leaps and bound, especially for what you want to do. Austin is arguably the 2nd biggest startup hub in the US, after Silicon Valley, with much lower cost of living. Going to McCombs will put in right in the center of the action. Most global tech firms also have a presence there.

The industry of focus for DC is government. It'll have almost the opposite dynamic than Austin.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '19 (II)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 09:01
If you want to stay in India, or if you are happy with a low probability of an overseas offer, go to IIM-PGPX (check their employment records - very low numbers in the overseas placement). Also, PGPX tends to have folks with a lot of experience who are sharply focused on their indudstry. If you want to do tech, it might be difficult, given the already high levels of IT folks in PGPX that will potentially move to higher levels within the same industry. For an industry switch and a high global job offer probability, go with McCombs. I do believe your overall learning will be better as well!

Great offers, btw - congratulations! Would love to hear about how you cracked McCombs. PM me if you get the time! We can connect. :)
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge
Re: UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 13:49
Congrats for admittance :-D

It is about ending up living and working either in in the US or India. If you choose the US, then your destination will be McCombs. It is more prestigious with good reputation. Your chances will be higher than McDonough to join your dream job.

If you want to be safe for certain reason such money, then you can join IIM Ahmedabad, which possess high reputation in India and Asia.

I do not know what you mean by global market. I doubt it will help you to grow across global market. You won't be able to penetrate the US. But McCombs name won't help you in Europe. So you need to know how each school with help you. Try to contact students in each school.

I hope it helps
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2016, 13:49

UT McCombs vs Georgetown McDonough vs IIM Ahmedabad India PGPX

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste