Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Deleted

Originally posted by ConsultingOrBust on 19 Mar 2014, 07:45.
Last edited by ConsultingOrBust on 23 Mar 2014, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Bschoolaspirer wrote:
EnemyInside wrote:
Friends,

I am an international applicant. does it makes sense to apply in round 3? . I have 3 years of solid social enterprise management experience.

I wouldn't recommend it, mostly because your visa wouldn't be processed in time. Also, 80-90% of the class is filled in Round 1 & 2. You'd rather apply in Round 1 for the class of 2017.

Thanx for the reply man
But i have a app fee waiver !.. visa could be done .. my worry is whether there is any chance of getting interviewed !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
EnemyInside wrote:
Bschoolaspirer wrote:
EnemyInside wrote:
Friends,

I am an international applicant. does it makes sense to apply in round 3? . I have 3 years of solid social enterprise management experience.

I wouldn't recommend it, mostly because your visa wouldn't be processed in time. Also, 80-90% of the class is filled in Round 1 & 2. You'd rather apply in Round 1 for the class of 2017.

Thanx for the reply man
But i have a app fee waiver !.. visa could be done .. my worry is whether there is any chance of getting interviewed !

I think there would not be a round 3 if spots weren't available.
If your profile stands out, you obviously have a shot. I did it at HBS as an international application myself.
I actually wrote about it recently:
https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/th ... plication/

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
EnemyInside wrote:
Bschoolaspirer wrote:
EnemyInside wrote:
Friends,

Thanx for the reply man

Yeah of course there's always a chance! But also i don't think they'll be coming to cities across the world anymore for the TBD/interview for Round 3 as they did for Round 1/2. Are you ready to fly to the states for the same?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Not long now. Every day feels longer the closer we get to Tuesday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Spring Forward

The admissions staff is back in the office after several weeks of crisscrossing the globe to meet Round 2 applicants for Team Based Discussions.  As usual, we were highly impressed by the quality of candidates we saw in this round, as well as the thoughtfulness you put into the discussion prompt about how to engage young alumni through Lifelong Learning initiatives.  We all look forward, and are sure you are too, to the March 25th decision release date.

While the admissions team was travelling the world, I did some globe-trotting of my own and had the pleasure of attending Wharton’s Global Forum in Panama last week.  The theme for this Forum was “Connectivity” – inspired by the Panama Canal’s upcoming 100th anniversary and the interrelated nature of today’s business models.  At the Forum, I had the opportunity to reconnect with young alumni, women leaders in business, and speak alongside the Dean about Wharton’s engagement in the region.  You can view a social media recap of the event at https://whr.tn/1no1H8H.

And finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that Wharton’s shared #1 spot in the recent U.S. News & World Report 2015 Best Business Schools.  We were all very excited and pleased by this recognition of our incredible students and the work that Wharton does to support them.  We look forward to the successes of our future classes and the greatness that Wharton can achieve.

Regards,

Maryellen Reilly Lamb

Deputy Vice Dean, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Career Management

The post Spring Forward appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
EnemyInside wrote:
Friends,

Round 3 is tricky. If you are a normal, strong candidate, I think the answer is hell no. Most of the class is full and there are plenty of strong candidates on the waiting list. If you are an Indian male with a finance background, good GMAT, good extracurriculars, etc., you are probably not a great Round 3 applicant. If you started an NGO to promote literacy in Africa, while competing in international fencing competitions and battling near-fatal scoliosis, then there is no reason for you not to apply round 3.

Basically there absolutely people who get accepted Round 3, but when you apply late in the cycle, you have to clear a higher bar. Not only is the question "Is this candidate Wharton material?" but you have the added challenge of "Does this candidate add something to our admissions class?" A Round 3 candidate not only has to be impressive, but have a complete package, a story, a niche, etc.

As someone who applied to some schools final round a couple cycles ago, I would advise against it (unless you are certain that you are a unique candidate and that you can articulate that unique story) for one major reason. If you apply final Round, you find out your fate so late in the game, and then you really have only a few months before it's time to apply Round 1 in the next cycle. Based on my experience, I think, the adcoms really look for growth from one application to the other that is almost impossible to show in such a short period of time. (I personally think I blew my shot at my top choice school that way.)

So while I can't say 100% "Don't do it!", I suggest that you consider your candidacy very carefully and take into account the risk involved.

Originally posted by LSnyder876 on 21 Mar 2014, 15:06.
Last edited by LSnyder876 on 23 Mar 2014, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hardly any days left before the results come out
Such anxiety !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: CBS '17
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
friends, finally the day is tmrw....good luck to everyone..

quick question) I heard that MBAs normally start their happy calls from 1-3 days prior to the announcement day..

anyone already heard about this? or anyone already got a happy call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
whats a happy call ? first time ive heard of this ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
It's a call made between 2 and 6... you know.. happy hours, happy calls.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
rb162 wrote:
It's a call made between 2 and 6... you know.. happy hours, happy calls.

haha...as per R1, all admit calls were reported on the decision day for Wharton. nothing before that...good luck, everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just re-read the same slide five times because I can't concentrate. If I'm like this today, what am I going to be like tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
JUG wrote:
I just re-read the same slide five times because I can't concentrate. If I'm like this today, what am I going to be like tomorrow?

I feel ya, mate...I'm staring into space listlessly and refreshing this page every 10 minutes. Which is why i chose to take an off from office tomorrow. I plan to spend the day pampering myself at a spa ( 8-) ) given that the results would only come out in the evening for me. On result day, it's painful to stay east of the prime meridien.

And zmokarim - I hope you didn't mind my comment - it was too hard to resist :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Spa sounds like a fantastic idea! No point trying to work tomorrow. I have deadlines to meet today and I'm not able to concentrate. Checked my Wharton account - no changes at all yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
What time do calls go out tomorrow? Is it calls before emails/application status updates, or after?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
haha at this point in time all i care about is d day .. nothing else matter :P !!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75   76  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts