GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 03:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 19:15
beanboy27 wrote:
I had a VIP page, but never logged on it before and don't see a checklist on my page :(

Maybe this is a backdoor way of finding out if one is accepted!

Posted from my mobile device

Maybe your page is just not updated? It's not even 25 march yet so don't worry. Besides, I doubt an established school like Wharton would design it in such way

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 19:17
kristyfromcali wrote:
I know right? I didn't click on the VIP page though - it's on the front page when you log in, and it wasn't there before. It was blank before or had some type of weird formatting maybe so I didn't see it before.

I guess the page did get updated a bit, because there's also a welcome sign and link to student profiles like 'Ty Meeks' haha

Haha mine looks pretty similar.... I have never logged in b4 so cant say if it's new... mine was still pretty much blank though. Except for that checklist and student profile link.. not much else is there

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '16 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 19:30
Yup, I only logged into here for interview sign-ups and a few days ago to see if they released decisions early ha.

I wouldn't read into this too much either!! It's been a few years since the boxes frenzy

Good luck to all :)

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 20:42
Desley1 wrote:
mkz212 wrote:
kristyfromcali wrote:
I know right? I didn't click on the VIP page though - it's on the front page when you log in, and it wasn't there before. It was blank before or had some type of weird formatting maybe so I didn't see it before.

I guess the page did get updated a bit, because there's also a welcome sign and link to student profiles like 'Ty Meeks' haha

i just signed up for it for the first time . don't see much regarding a checklist.

It's on the left of the page.. right next to welcome n "meet our students"

Yeah, I see this checklist on the left side of my screen too. No idea if it means anything. but I also only just entered info in the site, so I don't really know what it looked like before.

12 hours and we should know either way...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Mar 2014, 21:27
Desley1 wrote:
beanboy27 wrote:
I had a VIP page, but never logged on it before and don't see a checklist on my page :(

Maybe your page is just not updated? It's not even 25 march yet so don't worry. Besides, I doubt an established school like Wharton would design it in such way

You would be surprised at how these little loopholes appear and give away important information even at well established of organization, universities, and institutions! I think there is something to be read into this and is worthy of the update :)

Originally posted by beanboy27 on 24 Mar 2014, 20:43.
Last edited by beanboy27 on 24 Mar 2014, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE: Project Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 21:04
beanboy27 wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
beanboy27 wrote:

You would be surprised at how these little loopholes always appear even at the most established of organization, universities, and institutions! I think there is something to be read from into this and is worthy of the update :)

People in R1 were hunting for a pattern to these things too. Ultimately seemed pretty random, their system just seems to get weird while they are in the process of updating decisions. Probably just means we are getting closer to the moment of truth.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 21:51
the checklist is definitely something new on the mywharton page .. i really hope its a signal ;) !!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 21:52
Reposting from Tovin in 2013 (with thanks to davben in R1). Best to just relax guys. Good luck to all!

Tovin wrote:
If I were Wharton, I'd hire a Chief Panic Officer. The CPO would be responsible for inciting absolute panic amongst all of the applicants. Key responsibilities would include:

1) Calling just 5-10 people the day before the decision release date to let them know they were accepted. Just enough to have word spread that "phone calls were being made" and cause mass hysteria for the 99% of applicants that didn't receive a phone call.
2) Continually enabling and disabling aspects of the online application and MyWharton page. Activities range from modifying links to changing the number of info boxes shown online. Randomly inserting the word CONGRATULATIONS on the online app and then taking it down 10 minutes later would be worth bonus points.
3) Sending mass emails regarding financial aid to a random sample of 25% of applicants.
4) Announcing to all applicants that "the process is going to be different this year," but not saying how.
5) Announcing to all applicants that due to an overwhelming number of applicants this year, decisions wouldn't be released until Christmas Day. Retract that statement a few days later and say that brand new people have been hired to review applications in response to the high volume.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 22:03
dcr wrote:
Reposting from Tovin in 2013 (with thanks to davben in R1). Best to just relax guys. Good luck to all!

Tovin wrote:
If I were Wharton, I'd hire a Chief Panic Officer. The CPO would be responsible for inciting absolute panic amongst all of the applicants. Key responsibilities would include:

1) Calling just 5-10 people the day before the decision release date to let them know they were accepted. Just enough to have word spread that "phone calls were being made" and cause mass hysteria for the 99% of applicants that didn't receive a phone call.
2) Continually enabling and disabling aspects of the online application and MyWharton page. Activities range from modifying links to changing the number of info boxes shown online. Randomly inserting the word CONGRATULATIONS on the online app and then taking it down 10 minutes later would be worth bonus points.
3) Sending mass emails regarding financial aid to a random sample of 25% of applicants.
4) Announcing to all applicants that "the process is going to be different this year," but not saying how.
5) Announcing to all applicants that due to an overwhelming number of applicants this year, decisions wouldn't be released until Christmas Day. Retract that statement a few days later and say that brand new people have been hired to review applications in response to the high volume.

Haha thanks for the post. It helps...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 22:36
Spoke to a few WG's from last year, and they mentioned that after getting accepted, the myWhartonMBA page was the place where their checklist, and link for paying enrollment deposit was displayed! So looks like this is a way to go - maybe Wharton dropped the ball !
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '16 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 22:47
beanboy27 wrote:
Spoke to a few WG's from last year, and they mentioned that after getting accepted, the myWhartonMBA page was the place where their checklist, and link for paying enrollment deposit was displayed! So looks like this is a way to go - maybe Wharton dropped the ball !

That's possible. BUT if it's similar to the 'boxes controversy' I was reading about in 2010/2011, not seeing a checklist doesn't mean bad news. Not sure if the opposite is true haha
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
Schools: Kellogg '16 (S)
GPA: 3.87

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 22:53
I'm not showing a checklist either. Honestly, this looks really bad to me. It makes sense that they would provide this checklist to accepted applicants.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 22:59
well like one of the previous posters said .. the page could still be a work in progress overall and some have updates while others could be updated later :P !! hang in there guys a few more hours to go .. good thing i have going is i have back to back meetings all day and will hopefully be a breeze .. but at the same time just cant resist to follow these posts :) !!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 23:20
I'm not seeing a checklist either.. And even though I'm usually optimistic, I definitely think it's a bad sign.. Well a good sign for the people who have one :) Congrats to you guys!!
A checklist obviously indicates that you are invited to take the next steps! .. Just trying to be honest with myself ..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 23:28
zmokarim wrote:
well like one of the previous posters said .. the page could still be a work in progress overall and some have updates while others could be updated later :P !! hang in there guys a few more hours to go .. good thing i have going is i have back to back meetings all day and will hopefully be a breeze .. but at the same time just cant resist to follow these posts :) !!

With the checklist showing for you, I wouldn't worry. Enjoy those meetings!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 23:50
In less than 6 hours +

I'm gonna have more classmates! :)

So excited for you all and keep your hope up!

about Mywharton MBA page
Mywharton page in my R1 seems pretty random to me. Some said they had to add information to their profile while I didn't have to and I got admitted so, "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN" :)

but FYI , once you got admitted, the mywharton page will have a checklist for you to see if you have completed all the steps of your enrollment maybe it is a glitch who knows?! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 00:01
Good luck to everyone! The wait is killing me as well - I'm having a tough time focusing at work today.

I also have the checklist showing on my page.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 00:05
Quite a few have reported seeing checklists. Seems a little unlikely so many would get accepted. The ratio seems a bit off.

Sorry folks if I'm bursting anyone's bubble - just trying to point out we should be a little guarded and not set ourselves up for disappointment. Alternatively, for those who don't see the checklist - seriously guys, i don't think it means anything.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 00:22
rb162 wrote:
Quite a few have reported seeing checklists. Seems a little unlikely so many would get accepted. The ratio seems a bit off.

Sorry folks if I'm bursting anyone's bubble - just trying to point out we should be a little guarded and not set ourselves up for disappointment. Alternatively, for those who don't see the checklist - seriously guys, i don't think it means anything.

I'd like to believe you! But the fact that they even write "You must register and begin the verification process with Re Vera by the enrollment deadline", and a link below that for Next Steps seems quite self explanatory! Only a few hours to confirm this hypothesis.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 00:48
beanboy27 wrote:
rb162 wrote:

I'd like to believe you! But the fact that they even write "You must register and begin the verification process with Re Vera by the enrollment deadline", and a link below that for Next Steps seems quite self explanatory! Only a few hours to confirm this hypothesis.

I agree. Pretty hard not to believe it is a done deal at that point...unfortunately do not have such information on my page. Congrats to all those who do!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2014, 00:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  73   74   75   76   77   78   79  ...  88    Next  [ 1741 posts ] 

Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx