GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 04:53
I had three and a half years of experience in operations and technology and decided I had decided quite late in the application cycle to go for an MBA. Having made my decision in Sept, I had already missed the round 1 deadlines.

Since I was late to the game, round 2 was the only option for me. In 4 months, I had to study for and write the GMAT, research and select schools, reach out to my recommenders and put in well-thought out applications. The whole ordeal seemed extremely daunting at the outset and it went well but I would advise everyone to plan ahead and manage time well as this process takes more time then it would seem like.

I applied to Booth, Kellogg, Wharton and Ross and my goals were tech product management related so these schools seemed to be appropriate choices. For the essays, I broke down each complicated essay question into 4-5 components and put forth my goals and uniqueness into it. I also did a lot of school research to explain things like how I would grow at Kellogg or what contribution I would make at Wharton.

For the interview by building out my behavioural examples into a STAR format, I was easily able to customize my answers and tackle any question thrown at me. This helped me remain informative while making my answers concise. The extensive networking I did during the essay stage also helped me connect with interviewers and showcase my fit with the schools.

Faced with applying to schools in a short period of time I worked with a consultant and a shout out to Rajdeep Chimni as I got much better results than I had hoped for - I got into 3 (Wharton, Kellogg and Ross) schools in a single round, with significant scholarships. I f I were to do the process again I would definitely keep more time on my side and would actually start in June-July. Getting admits in Round 1 would have made the process much easier starting out in Round 2 you have no room to make any mistake. Luckily it all worked out!

Finally, a huge thanks to the fantastic GMAT club community. It was great to have a place to come to when I was feeling anxious about deadlines, interview calls, admit news etc. All the best to everyone!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 08:01
Thank you for sharing your application story. You must have put huge efforts in completing GMAT and applications in such a short time frame - It's certainly not an easy task. KUDOS! If you don't mind telling us, would you remain in product management after MBA in the long run or open to try out other options such as consulting or entrepreneurship?

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.18
WE: Project Management (Other)
Re: Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 16:53
That's great that you got accepted into those top schools! You said you worked with a consultant. From which company did you work with?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships &nbs [#permalink] 05 Jul 2018, 16:53

Wharton, Kellogg and Ross admits with $200,000 in scholarships

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap