GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 14:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wisconsin ($$$) Vs Broad ($$$$) Vs Krannert ($$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which MBA Program?

• 0% [0]
  • 100% [2]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Wisconsin ($$$) Vs Broad ($$$$) Vs Krannert ($$$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2020, 05:09
Hi,

I am international applicant for MBA programs with 3.5 years work experience in Project management domain in automotive industry.
I want to graduate in MBA with supply chain concentration and looking for roles in Logistics and Transportation sector

Of the admits that I have received, I have a full ride from Broad. Wisconsin has given a fee waiver for first year and no info for the second year. Whereas Krannert has given GA which basically turns out to the equivalent of a full ride.

With the factors such as STEM, post-MBA industry and best B-School experience, would like to get an idea on making the decision.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: Wisconsin ($$$) Vs Broad ($$$$) Vs Krannert ($$$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2020, 08:48
2var11a wrote:
Hi,

I am international applicant for MBA programs with 3.5 years work experience in Project management domain in automotive industry.
I want to graduate in MBA with supply chain concentration and looking for roles in Logistics and Transportation sector

Of the admits that I have received, I have a full ride from Broad. Wisconsin has given a fee waiver for first year and no info for the second year. Whereas Krannert has given GA which basically turns out to the equivalent of a full ride.

With the factors such as STEM, post-MBA industry and best B-School experience, would like to get an idea on making the decision.

My question is more towards, whether I choose between non-STEM and higher scholarship at one of the best supply chain MBA program (Broad) or choose a STEM, lower scholarship not so highly ranked supply chain MBA program (Wisconsin). Which factor will favour an international applicant who might face immigration issues in terms of shorter OPT stay of a non-STEM program.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2020, 20:00
2var11a wrote:
2var11a wrote:
Hi,

My question is more towards, whether I choose between non-STEM and higher scholarship at one of the best supply chain MBA program (Broad) or choose a STEM, lower scholarship not so highly ranked supply chain MBA program (Wisconsin). Which factor will favour an international applicant who might face immigration issues in terms of shorter OPT stay of a non-STEM program.

I'm a current (domestic) student at Krannert, so I'll talk on the Purdue side. Wisconsin is the best overall program out of these 3, however Krannert is quite strong in supply-chain, and probably comparable to Michigan State. If your dream company is Ford, go to Mich State, otherwise every company that hires SC at MSU also comes to Krannert. The big advantage is that Purdue has one of the best engineering schools in the US, so everyone comes here to hire Purdue engineers at an absolutely enormous career fair in September (300+ companies for 2 days). MBA students are welcome to attend this as well, and I know several in my current class who got interviews (and some accepted internships) from that career fair with companies like GM, Cummins, Roush, Rolls Royce, and Wabash National (F1000 trucking company headquartered next to Purdue campus). Deloitte also comes to campus to hire SC consultants from Krannert.

I would think STEM program would be of value to you since it grants 3 year VISA in the US. There are a lot of fears that VISA restrictions will get tighter in response to the pounding that the US economy took from COVID. IMO, companies might be more willing to hire someone for 3 years than risk the 1 year followed by an expensive VISA denial.

If you want to PM me your email address, I can connect you with an Indian supply chain student or two at Krannert, and you can ask them questions directly.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2020, 23:13
Hi,

That's a good problem to have. Congratulations on getting into three good schools and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Having just finished my first year at Broad, I can share my two cents on this. First off, considering your scholarships - you can take Purdue out. MSU is a much better school (for the MBA), has better placement, and is well recognized in the Supply chain domain.

The real question is Wisconsin vs Broad. Both are strong in Supply chain and place a good number of students within the SCM functions post-MBA. My suggestion would be to ask Wisconsin about the scholarship for the 2nd year and have that confusion sorted out. Generally, schools when they give scholarships, give it for both the years, with conditions such as maintaining a 3.0 GPA in the first year and so on. So, I would first have that cleared with the admissions team.

Assuming, they give you the same scholarship for the 2nd year at Wisconsin, pick Wisconsin. Firstly, you are an international student, and Wisconsin's SCM concentration is STEM-designated. That is a huge advantage. Second, Madison is a much better place than East Lansing, both from a living perspective and networking opportunities and their alumni network is wider spread. If I were you, I would pick Wisconsin. Also, keep in mind the current uncertainty. It will be a while until things normalize, so have an extended OPT in your pocket will mitigate some of the risks.

In case, Wisconsin specifically says that the scholarship is JUST for the first year, which I doubt they will and will be strange if they do so - You can pick MSU. Broad is still a pretty strong school and the placements have been solid this year. Many have gotten roles in Tech, Manufacturing, and Consulting companies in our batch. End of the day you are getting a great education at both the schools at the cost of peanuts. It's a win-win in any situation.

I hope it helps. Feel free to shoot any specific questions you may have. Good luck.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2020, 20:11
I created the poll for you. This will allow you to get more opinions since some people vote instead of writing out their opinions.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wisconsin ($$$) Vs Broad ($$$$) Vs Krannert ($$$$)   [#permalink] 04 May 2020, 20:11

Wisconsin ($$$) Vs Broad ($$$$) Vs Krannert ($$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate