|All Reviews > Harshad Mali > Harshad Mali Reviews|
Joined: Dec 13, 2015
I chose to work with Harshad because of his direct communication style. From the onset of our partnership, Harshad never minced words about my strengths and weaknesses, making it easier to focus on executing a coherent strategy to maximize my candidacy. With Harshad's support, the application process went more smoothly than I was expecting - he pushed me to unearth stories and anecdotes to use in essays that I wouldn't have thought about on my own and was receptive/supportive when I (on multiple occasions) asked for his perspective on differing drafts for the same prompt. Overall, if you are willing to put in the work to make your application shine, I highly recommend Harshad. His support greatly helped me gain acceptance to a couple of M7 programs!
Joined: Apr 26, 2020
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by school email address [?]
I can honestly say I wouldn’t have made it through the MBA application process without Harshad’s help; he helped me to believe in myself when things were difficult, to craft the best stories for my essays and interviews, to come up with the best strategies to deliver results, and so much more. In the end, I ended up getting accepted to two of my top schools, and I was offered a full ride to one of them.
I contacted mbaMission sometime in the spring (R2 applicant) as I knew I had to put my best forward during the application cycle as an older applicant (31-year-old); my initial call with a different consultant was eye-opening, I could not believe all the feedback I received in such short amount of time. She suggested having a second “fit” call with Harshad as we both had engineering backgrounds. After our conversation, I knew Harshad was the one I wanted to work with as he knew exactly where I was at professionally and knew where I wanted to go.
During the next few months, I worked on improving my GMAT/GRE and though my test results were not ideal, Harshad helped me to stay positive and diligent to work on the other aspects of my application and networking with my target schools, which ultimately made a huge difference.
Harshad’s feedback is very direct and honest, which I enormously appreciated as we worked on my applications; he replied to my messages as promised or even earlier, even late at night, during the weekends, and the holiday breaks. The first reviews can be tough, but that is the nature of his work as this will help you submit the best version of yourself. I remember looking forward to my calls with Harshad as they filled me up with energy and encouragement to keep moving, to a point where writing essays, even during stressful times, became fun.
In short, Harshad is a kind, fun, smart, and hard-working consultant who has the best interest in your success and the results speak for themselves. I will ALWAYS be thankful to him.
Joined: Jan 20, 2018
690 Q48 V37
I hired Harshad because he had a background in Engineering and Product Management which matched my academic and professional background. I loved hearing Harshad's honest feedback on everything I said in the discovery call. He understood my background, my goals and gave me a reality check which helped me make a decision between applying for a Full time vs Part time MBA program.
Once I decided which programs to apply, he helped me craft my Resume and Essays which were a big piece in my application. I always looked forward to his thoughtful, straightforward feedback which helped me craft compelling essays. When ever I was stuck in the process, he took time from his busy schedule to call me and helped me move forward. With his guidance I was admitted to a school of my top choice. At certain times he even gave me more time than I had paid for just to help me get to the finish line. I thought that was such a sweet gesture from him.
Harshad can balance constructive criticism with encouragement and also did not sugarcoat anything during the process which was exactly what I was looking for in a consultant. He always responded on time with feedback, sometimes even sooner than expected. Hiring Harshad was the best decision in the MBA application process. I highly recommended hiring him if you want someone who can give you a honest assessment of your current situation and also help you being out the best of you in the essays. I plan to buy more time with Harshad to get his take on how to choose between multiple admits which was something I hadn't even planned for.
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
710 Q46 V41
Harshad helped me get through what ended up being a two-year process of applying for an MBA and I would not have got into an M7 school without him. I got the start to finish package, and deferred the first year due to having to retake the GMAT, and honestly, due to not feeling professionally or personally prepared. When I reconnected with Harshad last year to apply in R2, he was so encouraging by mentioning that he could tell that I had matured. During our first session, which ended up lasting three hours, I was able to unload everything that had happened in the past couple years and we were able to get a handle on the best areas of my application (short of essays and recommendations) and the areas that would require the most attention. I felt that I was in good hands.
Harshad is sincere without sugarcoating, helpful without being harsh. It's the reason I sought him out. Once we completed brainstorming, he not only went into depth in reviewing essays for my top choice school, but also reviewed my ideas/outlines for the other schools. His concise, honest advice was much appreciated, down to simple formulas for each type of essay question. Harshad is incredibly kind, but will not mince words in telling you what will work and what will not work. Applicants can greatly benefit from trusting his broad experience with MBA applicants and course corrections. He clearly explained how certain ideas would come off to the adcoms, and what needed to be corrected in my essays, and even what to leave in and what to leave out in my optional essay. He also gave me a quick breakdown
Harshad is also incredibly encouraging. I can recall at least two occasions that I was simply feeling overwhelmed and not confident, and he set up a quick call with me to provide me with perspective. He reiterated that he was impressed with the work I had put in and the strengths of my application, and that he is confident in me.
In short, if you appreciate someone who can deftly balance encouragement with constructive criticism, and someone who can help you stay focused on the prize, I highly recommend Harshad as your MBA consultant.
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
750 Q50 V42
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by score report [?]
Coming into the MBA application process, I was confused and lost on how to proceed. Furthermore, with my subpar GPA, I knew I was fighting an uphill battle. Thankfully Harshad was there to guide me.
1. He is a great story teller and will help you filter your essays into clear, concise, and interesting stories that highlight the values and achievements each individual school looks for.
2. He is transparent when providing his feedback to make sure that you are following the right path in your career goals, essays, resume, interviews, etc.
3. His in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end MBA application process is amazing, from brainstorming career goals, writing stories, and all the way to practicing for interviews. The application process is quite stressful with all the numerous requirements and working with Harshad made the whole process easier.
4. Above all, he is incredibly hardworking and supportive. Harshad will go above and beyond to help you and make sure your application is the best that it can be.
The result of working with Harshad is that not only was I admitted to a Top 10 US school - despite my low GPA - but I also received a very sizable scholarship! Choose Harshad.
Joined: Feb 12, 2020
It is my great pleasure that I enthusiastically recommend Harshad Mali to the highest degree as a MBA consultant.
There are three aspects to know about Harshad:
1. Harshad knows the MBA process on an intimate level. Regardless of what question I had about the GMAT, business schools, application process, essays, etc, Harshad always had the right answer for me. He has true expertise and a deep knowledge pool that he wants to share with his clients.
2. Harshad will bring out the best in you. Like all great coaches, Harshad does not try to change who you are. Rather, he brings out your best traits and works with you to highlight them in your MBA application and put you in the best position to be accepted to the school of your dreams. He knows how to "check all the boxes" that business schools look for, while making sure you stand out from your competition.
3. Harshad is a person of the highest character. His communication is direct and honest, always pushing you to be the best version of yourself. Most importantly, he cares to a profound degree. Your success is his success and it is tangible in his interactions.
If you view an MBA as an investment and want to ensure you give yourself the highest chance of admittance, I highly recommend you stop what you are doing and reach out to Harshad. Harshad is exceptional!
Joined: Jul 12, 2019
720 Q50 V37
To start off, Harshad was very patient and honest during his 30 min free consultation with me, which made me decide to work with him. And he is extremely responsive to all my questions during the process, and gave me lots of advice on my MBA application, especially on my resume and essay writings, and never wasted any time given that I purchased hourly services. I will not be able to get in the EMBA program of a top business school without his help. Therefore, I highly recommend Harshad to anyone who needs help to apply for an top school MBA/EMBA program.
Joined: Jul 05, 2018
740 Q50 V40
Harshad’s help throughout the whole process was incredible and it was with his help that my application was as strong as it could be. Even though my age is younger than the average age of most MBA students, I was still interviewed by all the schools I applied to and got accepted into a top 10 school. I know I would not have been as successful without his help! His support is very strong and he is extremely good at breaking down and polishing your experiences to create a compelling message for admissions. As I have a technical job, it was through this that we clearly broke down my achievements so they could easily highlight my fortitudes for an MBA. Furthermore, as others have stated his feedback is concise, straight to the point, thorough and insightful. He will make sure your application components are the best they can be and succinctly express your achievements – extremely useful when you want to capture your story in word limited essays! Finally, he always provided feedback in a very timely manner allowing me to submit my applications without any rush. The whole process, from brainstorming for the essays to submitting the applications was definitely made easier by his help! I am extremely grateful for all his support and apart from being great at his job he is also a friendly fun person to work with, making the whole process a lot easier and enjoyable. I have absolutely no doubts about recommending Harshad and am extremely thankful for all his support!
Joined: Dec 13, 2019
730 Q47 V42
I was dinged from the 3 schools I applied to the previous year without interviews. This left me feeling unmotivated and unworthy of getting into a top program. Then Harshad entered into the picture. Not only did he help me get into the school of my dreams (one I was previously dinged from before), he helped to instill in me the confidence that I truly deserved it and was capable of getting there. Simply put, he believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. So, thank you Harshad. Thank you for the time and energy you put into helping me craft my best stories. Thank you for your patience in my emotional struggles. And thank you for helping me push my limits and get into the school I always knew I belonged at.
Joined: Jul 13, 2018
750 Q46 V47
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by score report [?]
Harshad's help was incredible and put me in a position to choose between offers from Top 10 schools. I don't believe I would have been as successful without his help, and here are his strengths to support why -
1) He is exceptional at distilling your experiences and actions into clear and compelling messages that can be understood by admissions committees. For someone who has a tendency to dive right into the complexities of situations, this was incredibly helpful.
2) As other reviews have stated, his feedback is concise, direct, insightful, and constructive. He regularly suggested course corrections that ended up producing excellent application materials.
3) He is an incredibly hard worker who has your best interests in mind. He always provided feedback in a very timely manner and rest assured that when crunch time comes, he will not be the bottleneck in the process.
4) While he frequently does have strong views on materials, he was always more than happy to get on the phone for additional brainstorming and to thoroughly go over any questions or doubts I had. This combination of conviction with the willingness to discuss how to improve upon his suggestions further by taking them in new directions is a powerful combination that ensured materials were completed efficiently and effectively.
In addition to all of the skills and traits mentioned above, perhaps what I have valued most is his persistent realism and optimism. While he does not sugar coat anything, he always sees a path to success and is clear about what it will require. I have absolutely no doubts about recommending that you hire Harshad. I am thankful I did.