|All Reviews > Harshad Mali > Harshad Mali Reviews|
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
750 Q50 V42
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by score report [?]
Coming into the MBA application process, I was confused and lost on how to proceed. Furthermore, with my subpar GPA, I knew I was fighting an uphill battle. Thankfully Harshad was there to guide me.
1. He is a great story teller and will help you filter your essays into clear, concise, and interesting stories that highlight the values and achievements each individual school looks for.
2. He is transparent when providing his feedback to make sure that you are following the right path in your career goals, essays, resume, interviews, etc.
3. His in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end MBA application process is amazing, from brainstorming career goals, writing stories, and all the way to practicing for interviews. The application process is quite stressful with all the numerous requirements and working with Harshad made the whole process easier.
4. Above all, he is incredibly hardworking and supportive. Harshad will go above and beyond to help you and make sure your application is the best that it can be.
The result of working with Harshad is that not only was I admitted to a Top 10 US school - despite my low GPA - but I also received a very sizable scholarship! Choose Harshad.
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
710 Q46 V41
Harshad helped me get through what ended up being a two-year process of applying for an MBA and I would not have got into an M7 school without him. I got the start to finish package, and deferred the first year due to having to retake the GMAT, and honestly, due to not feeling professionally or personally prepared. When I reconnected with Harshad last year to apply in R2, he was so encouraging by mentioning that he could tell that I had matured. During our first session, which ended up lasting three hours, I was able to unload everything that had happened in the past couple years and we were able to get a handle on the best areas of my application (short of essays and recommendations) and the areas that would require the most attention. I felt that I was in good hands.
Harshad is sincere without sugarcoating, helpful without being harsh. It's the reason I sought him out. Once we completed brainstorming, he not only went into depth in reviewing essays for my top choice school, but also reviewed my ideas/outlines for the other schools. His concise, honest advice was much appreciated, down to simple formulas for each type of essay question. Harshad is incredibly kind, but will not mince words in telling you what will work and what will not work. Applicants can greatly benefit from trusting his broad experience with MBA applicants and course corrections. He clearly explained how certain ideas would come off to the adcoms, and what needed to be corrected in my essays, and even what to leave in and what to leave out in my optional essay. He also gave me a quick breakdown
Harshad is also incredibly encouraging. I can recall at least two occasions that I was simply feeling overwhelmed and not confident, and he set up a quick call with me to provide me with perspective. He reiterated that he was impressed with the work I had put in and the strengths of my application, and that he is confident in me.
In short, if you appreciate someone who can deftly balance encouragement with constructive criticism, and someone who can help you stay focused on the prize, I highly recommend Harshad as your MBA consultant.
Joined: Feb 12, 2020
It is my great pleasure that I enthusiastically recommend Harshad Mali to the highest degree as a MBA consultant.
There are three aspects to know about Harshad:
1. Harshad knows the MBA process on an intimate level. Regardless of what question I had about the GMAT, business schools, application process, essays, etc, Harshad always had the right answer for me. He has true expertise and a deep knowledge pool that he wants to share with his clients.
2. Harshad will bring out the best in you. Like all great coaches, Harshad does not try to change who you are. Rather, he brings out your best traits and works with you to highlight them in your MBA application and put you in the best position to be accepted to the school of your dreams. He knows how to "check all the boxes" that business schools look for, while making sure you stand out from your competition.
3. Harshad is a person of the highest character. His communication is direct and honest, always pushing you to be the best version of yourself. Most importantly, he cares to a profound degree. Your success is his success and it is tangible in his interactions.
If you view an MBA as an investment and want to ensure you give yourself the highest chance of admittance, I highly recommend you stop what you are doing and reach out to Harshad. Harshad is exceptional!
Joined: Jul 12, 2019
To start off, Harshad was very patient and honest during his 30 min free consultation with me, which made me decide to work with him. And he is extremely responsive to all my questions during the process, and gave me lots of advice on my MBA application, especially on my resume and essay writings, and never wasted any time given that I purchased hourly services. I will not be able to get in the EMBA program of a top business school without his help. Therefore, I highly recommend Harshad to anyone who needs help to apply for an top school MBA/EMBA program.
Joined: Jul 05, 2018
740 Q50 V40
Harshad’s help throughout the whole process was incredible and it was with his help that my application was as strong as it could be. Even though my age is younger than the average age of most MBA students, I was still interviewed by all the schools I applied to and got accepted into a top 10 school. I know I would not have been as successful without his help! His support is very strong and he is extremely good at breaking down and polishing your experiences to create a compelling message for admissions. As I have a technical job, it was through this that we clearly broke down my achievements so they could easily highlight my fortitudes for an MBA. Furthermore, as others have stated his feedback is concise, straight to the point, thorough and insightful. He will make sure your application components are the best they can be and succinctly express your achievements – extremely useful when you want to capture your story in word limited essays! Finally, he always provided feedback in a very timely manner allowing me to submit my applications without any rush. The whole process, from brainstorming for the essays to submitting the applications was definitely made easier by his help! I am extremely grateful for all his support and apart from being great at his job he is also a friendly fun person to work with, making the whole process a lot easier and enjoyable. I have absolutely no doubts about recommending Harshad and am extremely thankful for all his support!
Joined: Dec 13, 2019
730 Q47 V42
I was dinged from the 3 schools I applied to the previous year without interviews. This left me feeling unmotivated and unworthy of getting into a top program. Then Harshad entered into the picture. Not only did he help me get into the school of my dreams (one I was previously dinged from before), he helped to instill in me the confidence that I truly deserved it and was capable of getting there. Simply put, he believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. So, thank you Harshad. Thank you for the time and energy you put into helping me craft my best stories. Thank you for your patience in my emotional struggles. And thank you for helping me push my limits and get into the school I always knew I belonged at.
Joined: Jul 13, 2018
750 Q46 V47
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by score report [?]
Harshad's help was incredible and put me in a position to choose between offers from Top 10 schools. I don't believe I would have been as successful without his help, and here are his strengths to support why -
1) He is exceptional at distilling your experiences and actions into clear and compelling messages that can be understood by admissions committees. For someone who has a tendency to dive right into the complexities of situations, this was incredibly helpful.
2) As other reviews have stated, his feedback is concise, direct, insightful, and constructive. He regularly suggested course corrections that ended up producing excellent application materials.
3) He is an incredibly hard worker who has your best interests in mind. He always provided feedback in a very timely manner and rest assured that when crunch time comes, he will not be the bottleneck in the process.
4) While he frequently does have strong views on materials, he was always more than happy to get on the phone for additional brainstorming and to thoroughly go over any questions or doubts I had. This combination of conviction with the willingness to discuss how to improve upon his suggestions further by taking them in new directions is a powerful combination that ensured materials were completed efficiently and effectively.
In addition to all of the skills and traits mentioned above, perhaps what I have valued most is his persistent realism and optimism. While he does not sugar coat anything, he always sees a path to success and is clear about what it will require. I have absolutely no doubts about recommending that you hire Harshad. I am thankful I did.
Joined: Jul 08, 2019
Wow! What a hardworking consultant. Harshad will spend as much time as you need to make sure you feel 100% confident in your application/ interview/ whatever really!
He does an amazing job at helping you dig deep to find your strengths and ultimately, your story. Harshad never once was late with an email or deadline and honestly exceeded my expectations in every area.
Going in to the process I was highly skeptical that a consultant would be necessary/ worth the money. After going through the process I keep recommending my friends to use a consultant/ Harshad specifically.
I used a five school package for R2 and felt like the extra push from a consultant in terms of helping you spend more time on each app was well worth the effort as well. In short, when you work with a consultant you will spend MUCH more time on apps but it will be all worth it in the end. I promise.
Joined: Jun 17, 2019
540 Q40 V25
Harshad was absolutely fantastic to work with! We started working together in the fall of 2018 when I was preparing for the GMAT. After failing to hit my target GMAT score three times (..or anywhere close to it for that matter), I was honestly ready to give up on my MBA dreams. But Harshad wasn’t going to let that happen. His constant support and encouragement kept me pushing though the late-night brainstorming sessions and essay writing when I worried it was all going to be a waste of time due to my low GMAT score. His very detailed and thorough questions allowed me to dig deep and discover my true story, which he then helped me tell in the most compelling way possible. After landing an interview, I was thrilled I had made it that far, but extremely nervous as it was the final hurdle to clear in the application process. The mock interview Harshad held with me a few days before my real interview was a life saver. He helped me relax by reminding me of all the great qualities I possessed and told me that I truly did have what it takes to succeed in a great MBA program. A few days later, I confidently walk into the Admissions Office and nailed my interview, earning an acceptance letter the following week! There is absolutely no way I could have done it without Harshad’s expertise and encouragement every step of the way. He’s a humble man and will deny this, but all the credit goes to him. He’s the reason my MBA dreams are now a reality. I’m now off to start the most exciting chapter of my life and it’s all thanks to Harshad! If you’re considering hiring a consultant, I couldn’t recommend him enough.
Joined: May 25, 2016
720 Q49 V40
I got the multiple school package and applied to five schools in R2. I chose to go with Harshad because I thought he would be able to understand my background and help tell my story. Working with Harshad was difficult to say the least. On our essay brainstorming calls, he would go off topic talking about his other students' profiles and essays to the point of gloating about how high profile some of his clients were. While working on school essays, at one point, he made it very clear that he didn't think much of one of the schools I was applying to. This reflected in his effort as well where he refused on start working on that schools' application until a week before the due date and expressed his contempt for the school culture as well as essay prompt. To top that off he wouldn't respond earlier than the stipulated 48 hours even though we were less than a week from the deadline. He glossed over other parts of my application without any insightful feedback in spite of sending it to him well in advance. The ultimate result was that I got dinged without an interview by every school I applied to with him.
On the other hand, I applied to one school in R3 without him and got in with a scholarship. No credit to him for this one.
Congratulations on your acceptance and scholarship! And, thank you for your feedback! Looking back, my only hope would have been that you would have addressed your concerns with me directly, as I worked feedback into our process and never heard a negative word from you. Personally, I felt that we had become friendly over the course of our engagement. In fact, you asked for and received my help on an additional school, beyond what you had signed-up for, and added me as a contact on LinkedIn. I am sorry to learn that you were not happy with your experience with me, and will take what you have written to heart. Meantime, I wish you nothing but the best with your MBA studies and in any pursuit going forward.
~Harshad Mali, mbaMission