GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2019, 01:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admission consultant

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Admission consultant  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 00:05
Hi All,

I see the admission consultants are charging too much and I do respect the fact that they charge for their knowledge. I have a question in my mind if I take help from one admission consultant for one college(application + interview), will it be possible for me to use that knowledge and apply it to other colleges myself.
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Admission consultant  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 08:08
Hi asthagupta,

Thank you for your post. Indeed, you should be able to contract a consultant for one school or multiple (depending on your budget). If you choose to contract a consultant for one school, it is essential to remember that the other applications (other than the one you've contracted a consultant for) will not receive individualized attention (school-specific strategic approach, review, editing, interview prep, etc.). That said, from experience, clients on a budget see tremendous value in contracting Sia Admissions for one school. Namely, after working on one school together, clients gain a great sense on the lens through which to tell their individual story. Then, they use the lessons learned on the details of their first application to craft the remainder applications for their other target schools (with customization). Obviosuly, it's not the same as receiving end-to-end coaching on all target schools, but it's a great alternative to not approaching the application process alone. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

I see the admission consultants are charging too much and I do respect the fact that they charge for their knowledge. I have a question in my mind if I take help from one admission consultant for one college(application + interview), will it be possible for me to use that knowledge and apply it to other colleges myself.

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 20:36
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

I would say that you could do that. Once you know where your application lacks you could potentially fill in those gaps. You'll only get better as you give more interviews.
VP
VP
G
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 04:31
asthagupta it all depends on your interest budget and time for each application. Usually, the first 1 or 2 application takes major works from consultants in filling the knowledge gap to a draft application from scratch. Things to be considered all schools doesn't look at your application in the same way, here the experience of the consultant will surely hold a grip for each school application to expect a positive reply from schools you applied.

Hope this help!

m:+91 9164157770
w: https://www.genedmba.com/
e: info@genedmba.com
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 04:40
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Ashta,
You can sign up with consultants for only one business school and do the rest of the applications by yourself. However, one thing to note is that b-school questions can vary vastly. We find that some bits and sections of the career goals are replicable but most of the application otherwise needs fresh thinking, even for similar essays, because of those slight changes in the essay question wording. If you feel you can understand these differences and apply them well to your essay writing, then that’s great.
We'd be happy to have a discussion with you. Our fee is mid-range (in INR) and you can decide after working with us on one b-school whether you'd like to take help for further programs.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 04:43
MBADecoder wrote:
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Ashta,
You can sign up with consultants for only one business school and do the rest of the applications by yourself. However, one thing to note is that b-school questions can vary vastly. We find that some bits and sections of the career goals are replicable but most of the application otherwise needs fresh thinking, even for similar essays, because of those slight changes in the essay question wording. If you feel you can understand these differences and apply them well to your essay writing, then that’s great. From our experience, I can tell you we generally push applicants to consider every set of essays as a new one, and do some fresh thinking. That always helps answering questions to the point, as the adcom expects.

We'd be happy to have a discussion with you. Our fee is mid-range (in INR) and you can decide after working with us on one b-school whether you'd like to take help for further programs.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admission consultant   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2019, 04:43

Admission consultant

new topic post reply Update application status