It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advanced material to turn Q47 to Q51

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 29

CAT Tests
Advanced material to turn Q47 to Q51 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 13:01
Hello,
I sat the GMAT once and i got a 47 in the quantitative section. I want to turn it into a 51 in my next effort. I would like to get some opinions about the material i should use to get there.
Until now i have used :
0) Mgmat 5 guides; great but not enough practice questions
1) Magoosh; very nice for a Q47 (for my first effort i did this course and OG)
then
2)GmatClubtests ; i am working on them right now and i am wondering whether they will be enough

I intend to use in the future;
3)700-800 level questions booklet downloaded from the GmatClub
4)Gmat Advanced Quant
5) I need your opinion about buying a new product and i am thinking (please help) one of the following
A. Math revolution shortcut 51 (it seems great but i ve just learnt that they dont offer solutions with their question bank-also, is their approach really different from other sources?)
B. Jeff Sackman's 1000 questions challenge set.

Taking into consideration where i stand now, what do you think i should work on in the future ? After i complete the GmatClub tests?

Thank you for your time, i know many of you are having the same thoughts that's why i got the decision to start a post. Maybe a good conversation will help more people
Cheers :lol:

Math Revolution Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Manhattan Prep Instructor
S

Kudos [?]: 255 [1], given: 61

GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Advanced material to turn Q47 to Q51 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2017, 15:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Take a look at the MPrep Advanced Quant Strategy Guide. It's for exactly your situation (and has a lot of practice sets, although - even if you don't think you'll get anything out of it - I highly recommend reading the chapters as well. There are some strategies specifically for advanced problems that you may not have thought of on your own.)

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep Instructor | Seattle and Online

My upcoming GMAT trial classes | GMAT blog archive

Kudos [?]: 255 [1], given: 61

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2017, 13:48
Hello Chelsey
I really appreciate your response. I will definetely order the Mgmat advanced quant book and study every piece of it.
But where should i practise the skills obtained from this book? ( as you understand i am really worried about practising a lot).
Are you aware of any suitable question banks for this purpose? Does Mgmat have any question bank available ? Or should i practise with the GmatClub tests?
Thanks

1 KUDOS received
D

Kudos [?]: 464 [1], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
alexlovesgmat wrote:
Hello Chelsey
I really appreciate your response. I will definetely order the Mgmat advanced quant book and study every piece of it.
But where should i practise the skills obtained from this book? ( as you understand i am really worried about practising a lot).
Are you aware of any suitable question banks for this purpose? Does Mgmat have any question bank available ? Or should i practise with the GmatClub tests?
Thanks

MGMAT Avance quant guide : Yes do get question bank access with book.
"Purchase of this book includes one year of online access to the Advanced Quant Homework Bank of extra practice questions and detailed explanations not included in the book, as well as to the Advanced Quant Bonus Drill Set" : http://www.amazon.in/Advanced-Quant-Manhattan-Strategy-Guides/dp/1935707159

Gmatclub tests: To learn or to test what you have learned, Gmat club tests are suitable for both. These tests you can do as quizzes or CATs. Out of around 1500 questions 50% questions are 700+ level. These are sufficient for Q51.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 464 [1], given: 113

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 01:05
HKD1710 wrote:
alexlovesgmat wrote:
Hello Chelsey
Thanks

"Purchase of this book includes one year of online access to the Advanced Quant Homework Bank of extra practice questions and detailed explanations not included in the book, as well as to the Advanced Quant Bonus Drill Set" : http://www.amazon.in/Advanced-Quant-Manhattan-Strategy-Guides/dp/1935707159

Gmatclub tests: To learn or to test what you have learned, Gmat club tests are suitable for both. These tests you can do as quizzes or CATs. Out of around 1500 questions 50% questions are 700+ level. These are sufficient for Q51.

Thank you for your kind response. Is there a reason why you posted me the link of the MGMAT advanced guide older edition ? Because there is a newer edition available. Was it your purpose to chose the older edition? Are there differences?

D

Kudos [?]: 464 [0], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 01:09
alexlovesgmat wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
alexlovesgmat wrote:
Hello Chelsey
Thanks

Thank you for your kind response. Is there a reason why you posted me the link of the MGMAT advanced guide older edition ? Because there is a newer edition available. Was it your purpose to chose the older edition? Are there differences?

Please buy only the latest version. I gave you the link as a reference to the text "Purchase of the book..." :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 464 [0], given: 113

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 01:18
alexlovesgmat wrote:
Hello,
I sat the GMAT once and i got a 47 in the quantitative section. I want to turn it into a 51 in my next effort. I would like to get some opinions about the material i should use to get there.
Until now i have used :
0) Mgmat 5 guides; great but not enough practice questions
1) Magoosh; very nice for a Q47 (for my first effort i did this course and OG)
then
2)GmatClubtests ; i am working on them right now and i am wondering whether they will be enough

I intend to use in the future;
3)700-800 level questions booklet downloaded from the GmatClub
4)Gmat Advanced Quant
5) I need your opinion about buying a new product and i am thinking (please help) one of the following
A. Math revolution shortcut 51 (it seems great but i ve just learnt that they dont offer solutions with their question bank-also, is their approach really different from other sources?)
B. Jeff Sackman's 1000 questions challenge set.

Taking into consideration where i stand now, what do you think i should work on in the future ? After i complete the GmatClub tests?

Thank you for your time, i know many of you are having the same thoughts that's why i got the decision to start a post. Maybe a good conversation will help more people
Cheers :lol:

Hi Alexlovesgmat,
There is a test , called CAT(India) which is basically conducted for MBA admissions in Indian B schools. The quant section is quite challenging than GMAT quant. If you practice the quant questions from any website which offers free material/tests related to this test, it will be really helpful in boosting up your score.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 105

Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 14:24
Honestly, you don't need all that material. Find your weak areas and work on those. It seems like a complete waste of time to go through all that material..... Also take a look to see whether you made any silly mistakes, you could easily get upto Q49 or Q50 if you just eliminate those silly mistakes. Pay attention to your work, we often make silly calculation errors without realizing and pick the wrong answer....

All the best if you go through all that material i think you'll waste a lot of time..... Also study some verbal, you may not necessarily need a Q51 to reach your goal. Study some SC, RC, and CR. If your verbal is lower than V35 then I suggest you focus on it first before studying Quant.

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 105

Re: Advanced material to turn Q47 to Q51   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2017, 14:24

Advanced material to turn Q47 to Q51

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap