GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 08:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:25
Hi bro...i have an offer from haskayne as well but i guess i will be heading to alberta...congrats on urs...fgsr is just a formality....r u planning to take up the offer?
Ps:bro my name is manoj not monoj:p
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 23:30
Shreks1190 wrote:
manojsundar1 wrote:
Shreks1190
hey shreks,any news from chris?

ManojSundar1, Bro - i didn't get Alberta. Got e-mail from Eva today. I have asked her the reason
Only a brighter note today - got admit from Sauder .
I have another offer from Fisher.
What do you think i should do fisher or sauder?

I'd suggest Fisher, as US job market is better than Vancouver for MBAs.
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 23:32
Completed my application video components last morning. Hoping I'd get through to Alberta, as I am not sure I'd be able to get ready with the funds for Schulich. If I get Alberta with any more than 5K scholarship, I'd be heavily inclined to join Alberta. Waiting..
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 11:15
VijayG6387 wrote:
Completed my application video components last morning. Hoping I'd get through to Alberta, as I am not sure I'd be able to get ready with the funds for Schulich. If I get Alberta with any more than 5K scholarship, I'd be heavily inclined to join Alberta. Waiting..

Are there any guidelines for videos? should we use webcam or digicam? face or complete body? video editing allowed or not?
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 11:26
b2bt wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Are there any guidelines for videos? should we use webcam or digicam? face or complete body? video editing allowed or not?

Will have to be a webcam as it is like an interview, except that you get interviewed by a tool instead of a person. No editing possible as it is driven by the tool - kiratalent.
Better to get a shot until your chest so that you can express better with your gestures.
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 20:25
Invited to the second interview by Charlene Patry. Have scheduled it to be on the 8th of February.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Alberta'18

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 23:27
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hi bro...i have an offer from haskayne as well but i guess i will be heading to alberta...congrats on urs...fgsr is just a formality....r u planning to take up the offer?
Ps:bro my name is manoj not monoj:p

Sorry for the misspelling bro.. I got the confirmation email today from Eva.. I am in with a 5000 entrance award.. I think I am going to take the offer.. now have to start the visa procedure.. :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 00:57
VijayG6387 wrote:
Invited to the second interview by Charlene Patry. Have scheduled it to be on the 8th of February.

Hey Vijay.. hope u can get in successfully.. I just got my admission offer with a 5000 entrance award.. I have deside to accept the offer.. got dinged by Sauder yesterday.. have u got the reply from Sauder..
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 07:45
nizam001 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hey Vijay.. hope u can get in successfully.. I just got my admission offer with a 5000 entrance award.. I have deside to accept the offer.. got dinged by Sauder yesterday.. have u got the reply from Sauder..

Thank you for the wishes Nizam. Sorry about your Sauder decision mate. I have been accepted at Sauder. I am yet to decide where to go.

Regards,
Vijay G
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.25
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 07:55
VijayG6387 wrote:
nizam001 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Thank you for the wishes Nizam. Sorry about your Sauder decision mate. I have been accepted at Sauder. I am yet to decide where to go.

Regards,
Vijay G

Congratulations Nizam and Vijay, i just applied to both Univ of Alberta and Univ of Calgary. How long did they take to respond to your applications.
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:26
goldfinchmonster wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Regards,
Vijay G

Congratulations Nizam and Vijay, i just applied to both Univ of Alberta and Univ of Calgary. How long did they take to respond to your applications.

Alberta was pretty quick. After I submitted the application and paid the fee, it took about a week to get the links to the video essays. I got the interview invite the very next day of completing the video questions.
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:28
Completed the interview today. This is the only interview where I've felt satisfied that it went well, and so I'm hoping I should get an admit decision. But again, fingers crossed..
Charlene remembered me from the fair, which is a good sign to me. So.. the wait begins.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.25
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:41
VijayG6387 wrote:
Completed the interview today. This is the only interview where I've felt satisfied that it went well, and so I'm hoping I should get an admit decision. But again, fingers crossed..
Charlene remembered me from the fair, which is a good sign to me. So.. the wait begins.

Tat's great... Nice to hear that you could recogonise each other in interview... Certainly a positive sign... Good luck Man...
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:56
goldfinchmonster wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Tat's great... Nice to hear that you could recogonise each other in interview... Certainly a positive sign... Good luck Man...

Thank you goldfinchmonster, all the very best to you too. :)
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 11:39
nizam001
Bro,pm me ur whatsap number....can start a group....
VijayG6387
Congrats on your admits bro...you deserved your admits...why dont you try prodigy finance for loan?...they offer for schulich, sauder and alberta ....check it out...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ACCA
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 12:48
I don't understand VijayG6387 is there a video component in the Alberta application? I never saw one!
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 20:11
manojsundar1 wrote:
nizam001
VijayG6387
Congrats on your admits bro...you deserved your admits...why dont you try prodigy finance for loan?...they offer for schulich, sauder and alberta ....check it out...

Thank you for the wishes Manoj. Yeah they do bro, but I hear from other applicants that they have a clause that they will only sponsor if we do not club it with another loan. They also do not seem to be sponsoring for the entire programme, which is bad. I will approach them to get an official response anyways. :)
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 20:14
enywmara wrote:
I don't understand VijayG6387 is there a video component in the Alberta application? I never saw one!

Hi enywmara, yes there is. Do not panic as it is not part of the regular application you submitted. You get the link and instructions to complete the video essays once the initial evaluation of your application is complete. So you should get it anytime soon. All the very best. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:19
VijayG6387 wrote:
nizam001 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Regards,
Vijay G

congrats on your acceptance at Sauder.. UBC is one of the top brand in the western canada.. though the cost is little bit higher compared to Alberta.. moreover despite the reputation of UBC, vancouver is not a good place for business job sicker.. so it would be a tough decision for u to make.. York/ UBC/ Alberta..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:24
manojsundar1 wrote:
nizam001
VijayG6387

manojsundar1: bro actually I have not used Whatsap earlier.. though opened an account just now.. my no is +8801911269223.. user name is "Nizam".. see if you can find me..
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Feb 2016, 07:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15    Next  [ 299 posts ] 

Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap