GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Am I too old?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Am I too old? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 03:05
I am Indian female who has work experience in IT industry for 5 yr and 8 months . I am planning to take GMAT. I am 29 year old and by the time I apply in colleges I will be 30 year old . Is it a good idea to give gmat? will I face challenges during admission process due to my age ?
Director
Director
G
Re: Am I too old? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 03:21
Hi Aditi, you have been contemplating GMAT for 6 years now. Now that is a long time.

30 is definitely not over the hill at all. So, go for it with full gusto and fervor:).

All the best!

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available at Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 07:23
Hi there,

You are not too old at all! I have worked with candidates older than you who have been successful with respect to gaining admission to the top schools. As is always the case, you'll just need to make it clear why you are seeking an MBA at this point in time and how the MBA will help you attain your future career goals.

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: IESE '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.5
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 07:25
I agree, that's my reasoning also. I'm 31 at the moment and will be 32 shortly after I would start the MBA (currently application submitted).
It all depends on your justification of WHY an MBA is right for you at this point in your life.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 21:00
I would focus less on your age and more on why you are looking to pursue an MBA and in particular why now is the ideal time to do it. This question is important for all candidates but even more for early and late career candidates, so make sure your response is crystal clear here. The quick answer is you are not too old but the schools will certainly evaluate whether they can help you achieve your career goals at this stage in your career so be thoughtful about what you are looking to gain from your MBA

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 01:56
aditiisinhaa wrote:
I am Indian female who has work experience in IT industry for 5 yr and 8 months . I am planning to take GMAT. I am 29 year old and by the time I apply in colleges I will be 30 year old . Is it a good idea to give gmat? will I face challenges during admission process due to my age ?

Hi aditiisinhaa,

Thanks for writing in and apologies for the delayed response.

You must certainly take the GMAT! :) Yes, a lot of schools prefer younger candidates but there will still be plenty of top-tier schools, where you can apply :) We recommend that you focus on getting a good score, post which, work on a stellar set of essays and submit your application in the first round :)

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a free profile evaluation. Should you feel a need for the same, please do write to us :)

All the best! :)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 07:14
aditiisinhaa wrote:

Your age is fine, so no need to worry about that. Focus on the GMAT and getting your profile in great shape otherwise instead. And: good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Re: Am I too old?   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2018, 07:14

Am I too old?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap