It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 00:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anderson $$ vs. Darden

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which school should I attend?

• 90% [10]
  • 9% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Anderson $$ vs. Darden [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 06:04
Hey All,

I have been admitted to both UCLA Anderson (with 60k fellowship) and UVA Darden. I am coming from an engineering background and am looking to become a product manager. I am not too particular about industry but it seems like Tech is one industry that the product manager role is really embraced so that is the industry I wrote about in my applications and am leaning towards. I currently live on the east coast and do not mind moving to the west coast for a few years during and post MBA but ultimately want to move back east at some point. Another factor I have to consider is a long term girlfriend that will be closer to Darden though still a 7 hour drive. Without the girlfriend and aspirations to eventually move back east, I would pick Anderson no doubt due to alignment with my goals and fellowship. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Anderson $$ vs. Darden [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2017, 19:40
Buddy,
You already know the answer. In my opinion UCLA makes more sense for your goals and given the $$$ you gonna save. I believe both are pretty close in terms of rankings/reputation but UCLA surely have an edge in tech. industry. The question you should be asking is HOW MUCH does your personal factors matter to you? If I were you, I would discuss my situation with my gf/family and get there opinion. I'm also not sure how much does 60k matter to you. If it's a considerable amount, UCLA gets an extra point...If it's not that big of a deal, Darden would be equally good.

btw, did you try negotiating with Darden?

murf312 wrote:
Hey All,

I have been admitted to both UCLA Anderson (with 60k fellowship) and UVA Darden. I am coming from an engineering background and am looking to become a product manager. I am not too particular about industry but it seems like Tech is one industry that the product manager role is really embraced so that is the industry I wrote about in my applications and am leaning towards. I currently live on the east coast and do not mind moving to the west coast for a few years during and post MBA but ultimately want to move back east at some point. Another factor I have to consider is a long term girlfriend that will be closer to Darden though still a 7 hour drive. Without the girlfriend and aspirations to eventually move back east, I would pick Anderson no doubt due to alignment with my goals and fellowship. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member
Anderson $$ vs. Darden [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 00:38
Top Contributor
murf312 wrote:
Hey All,

Congrats on the admits. Both the schools are wonderful , but UCLA probably has slight edge because it usually sends good % of folks in Product management roles in tech. 60K is a huge amount and make no mistake in ignoring it. You want to come out of the MBA experience with minimal financial burden . Also, the 60K saved could be put to use in the following ways :

1) Visit tech companies in the valley
2) Go for US wide career fairs etc
3) Impromptu company visits and meetups

With the $$ saved at UCLA , you could easily visit your gf once a month or so :-D :-D . Both UCLA and Darden are good schools, but cracking east coast jobs in Product Management would be a herculean task with either of these schools.

Good luck with your MBA journey!!

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Anderson $$ vs. Darden   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2017, 00:38

Anderson $$ vs. Darden

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap