Last visit was: 18 Jul 2024, 19:29 It is currently 18 Jul 2024, 19:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Vikram Shah Consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 36614 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Re: Ask Vikram Shah Consulting [#permalink]
ConsultVikramShah wrote:
anusharajjj123, You’ve done a lot to build your profile! And you have shown diverse interests as well. While some brands on your CV would help, I think you’ve got a good shot at deferred MBA programs. Schools look for academic excellence, diverse interests and leadership potential. The two things that aren’t coming out from your brief write-up are your leadership potential and the impact that you’ve had on the organizations you’ve been a part of. Bring that out in your apps. And in case deferred admissions don’t work out for you, don’t worry, with a little bit of profile building and adding some brands to your resume, you would be a good candidate for these schools with 2-3 years experience. Hope this helps!

thank you so much for your response! I do believe I have shown leadership qualities in my internships. I was promoted as team lead in all if my internships and in the one I’m currently pursuing, I was promoted as the head for all interns way ahead of my peers. that said, I don’t know how to bring this out in my college apps. if you could throw just a little light on that, I could elaborate and work on it. thank you in advance
Vikram Shah Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
arvindbit2007, I don’t have any details of your work-ex, achievements, extra-curriculars etc so I cannot comment if you should or shouldn’t apply to HBS (which is a 2 year program). If you are looking for a 1 year MBA at a school that’s strong in entrepreneurship, consider Kellogg and Babson.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
MMahadevan, Where is your profile? i didn’t found any

MMahadevan, Received now

pranay13 #12

vinayak576, Your profile is the next one

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 30 Jun 2021, 10:35.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 30 Jun 2021, 10:37, edited 2 times in total.
Vikram Shah Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
tobeornottobe, Apply when your candidacy is strongest. You would have an advantage in R1 vs R2 but many candidates also get admitted in R2, so don’t rush out your applications. Focus on quality applications. A target GMAT score for your would be 740. Schools you could look at are Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Ross and UNC in R1. If you get admitted to any of these, go crazy in R2 and apply to anything more competitive!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rohith348, Yours is the next

Everyone, We have around 20 more minutes left in this chat session.[/size

[size=150]Everyone, We have around 20 more minutes left in this chat session.

gclub1, Yes, received it

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 30 Jun 2021, 10:40.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 30 Jun 2021, 10:44, edited 3 times in total.
Vikram Shah Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Vedang1, Vedang, I would encourage you to improve your GMAT score before applying. You’ll find it easier to get into competitive schools. With a 630, you may find schools such as LBS, HEC, INSEAD to be a stretch. Your focus seems to be on Europe. Would be good to know your career goals, but that said, you could consider applying to SDA Bocconi, some of the schools in the UK such as Manchester Business School. Hope this helps.

vinayak576, Hi! Why are you in a hurry to get done with your MBA? You’re young and perhaps you could wait a bit longer, especially for European schools. I also recommend that you improve your GMAT score (minimum 740) if you wish to apply to NYU, Tuck and the likes. Schools view family business work ex favourably as long as you do a good job of selling your story! With your current score and goals, should you wish to study in the coming year, Babson would be a good choice! Ross also has a family business focused MBA program which starts in Jan. Consider that as well.

Rohith348, I would like to know more about what you have achieved professionally. That said your GRE score is great and you have a lot of extra-curriculars. Apply to schools such as Wharton, Yale, Cornell besides others. If you don’t get in this cycle, wait, get some more experience and build your profile.

arvindbit2007, I can’t see your GMAT score but if you

arvindbit2007, I cannot see your GMAT score but if you’re eligible, you could consider the Kellogg 1 year MBA or the Babson 1 year MBA in the US, Oxford in the UK.

Originally posted by ConsultVikramShah on 30 Jun 2021, 10:45.
Last edited by ConsultVikramShah on 30 Jun 2021, 10:56, edited 4 times in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8917 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have couple more minutes left. ConsultVikramShah, At the end of the chat, I will release all the questions into the chat. You can respond to them later at your convenience :)
Vikram Shah Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
UtkarshAnand, I feel your undergrad GPA will affect your chances. I also feel your experience is on the higher side for some of the schools you’ve mentioned. Perhaps you should consider a slightly less competitive set of schools to apply to, especially given that this year will be really competitive. Or at least have a plan B. And I’m sorry but I cannot share in % your chances of admission to the schools you’ve mentioned or to MBB!

sk2020, Darden would be a better choice. Scholarships, consider Emory. I would prefer if you studied in the US than in the UK.

Originally posted by ConsultVikramShah on 30 Jun 2021, 11:00.
Last edited by ConsultVikramShah on 30 Jun 2021, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for your time today ConsultVikramShah,
Vikram Shah Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you all and thank you Nikhil!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Feel free to let the audience know about the best way to reach out to you later :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM