Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Courses [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Pitabdhi

To start, you will likely receive more of a response if you start a new post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). Click the orange "New Topic" button that's above the forum and post whatever questions you might have. It would also help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I completed the basic Kaplan prep that comes with the book and a few online CATs. I was scoring in the mid to high 600s and recently took the gmat. I scored in the mid 600s mainly due to running out of time. I could use the most work in verbal (usually scoring 38-40) and just need a few point boost on quant (usually scoring 45-48). I don't think I need any tutoring I just need a little more practice and maybe better ways to analyze the questions. I think I have the online courses narrowed down to the Veritas online Prep and the E-Gmat prep. Does anybody have any thoughts on these or better recommendations. I would like to not spend over $700.

Thanks,

Clinton
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Clinton

To start, a mid-600s GMAT Score is a solid performance (it's right around the 75th-80th percentile overall), so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. You would likely receive more of a response to your post if you start a new post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). Click the orange "New Topic" button that's above the forum and post whatever questions you might have. It would also help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) How did you score on the Official GMAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
5) What is your goal score?

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Guys, I'm going from post to post while looking for a course for GMAT retake (600 V28, G44). It looks like some courses help more with verbal while others - with quant. I feel I need to strength and build confidence in both. What option would be the most balanced for this? Thank you (sorry if this is not a proper place to ask)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
dtaneja wrote:
Hi Experts
Please do help me to take decision on selecting BEST GMAT Verbal & Quant course. I got confused as everyone praising about their course eg e-gmat says they are best, math revolution GMAT says that they are leader in Quant etc etc. I need genuine guidance. My background is as below
Profession: Engineer
Quant competency: 7/10
Verbal competency: 5/10 (RC is problematic area)

Hi,

For verbal in my opinion E-GMAT is a very good course though it takes some time to finish the course but its worth every penny and for quant Target Test Prep is by far the best quant course available out in the market. You should take advantage of their trial and decide whether these courses suits you or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi there
I've already taken the GMAT before and made my MBA, my score in the first time was 570 and this was in my third attempt
Now, I'm targeting at least 650, to apply for a PhD, knowing that English is my second language
Do you suggest a specific GMAT material?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
I don't find the ratings to be true, I bought economist it isn't that good.
Egmat is good for SC.
Magoosh is overall nice.
not sure about manhattan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
I am looking to start an on-demand prep course. Any thoughts on ExamPAL? Seems like a decent price for the number of test questions and CATs, but there aren't very many reviews. I am comparing this to Manhattan Prep / Veritas on-demand courses, which seem to have the complete package but are nearly double the price.
Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Red5ive,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi do you have any suggestion about an online course of math for a beginner ?
TY!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Firthyoo,

If you are looking to (re)build your math skills before you study for the Quant section of the GMAT, then there are a variety of free resources that you can use online. For free math practice and help, I recommend that you set up an account at Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). The site is completely free and makes the learning a bit more fun and 'game-like' (as opposed to the dry academic approach taken by most books). While the site is vast, you should limit your studies to basic Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.

1) Have you done any studying for the GMAT yet?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your information!!!
Right now I take an online course at egmat to help my verbal part! I am planning to go to University of Kansas

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a GMAT Bootcamp, as I have been studying a lot by myself, and I feel like a Bootcamp is the right fit for me.
I only came across the ManhattenPrep Bootcamp. Are there any other courses (in person/classroom) out there?

Thank you so much!
Gui
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi GuillermoL,

Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so there might be a limit to how much a "Bootcamp" would benefit you. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Just curious what would you say is the best Quant course if you are on a tight schedule and need something that you can go through over a 3 week stretch (so ideally not too comprehensive/basic). I have heard Target Test Prep fits the bill but would love some more feedback on this?

Also, what would you say is the best verbal course for native speakers?

Thanks
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TaretMBA007.

To answer your question, TTP would be perfect for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT club and have helped countless students improve their GMAT quant scores. That said, my concern is your 3-week timeline. In a previous thread, I suggested taking a practice GMAT. Have you been able to do so?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TargetMBA007,

In one of your recent posts, you stated that you were planning to take a CAT on either Tuesday or Wednesday (re: yesterday or today). Have you taken that CAT yet (and how did you Score?)?

Those results are incredibly important at this point since they will help to define what you should be focusing on during this next phase of your studies. It might be that your general math knowledge is fine, meaning that you have to focus on your Tactics and organization more than anything else (and with a Score Goal of 720+, you will have to hone certain Verbal skills as well). Once you have that Score, you should update your thread here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-questio ... 11592.html

Rich
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7